Geocaching Business Card

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
ian-and-penny
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Re: Geocaching Business Card

Post by ian-and-penny » 20 September 12 2:45 pm

Huurtle wrote:
ian-and-penny wrote:Recently we came across a cache that had a "What is Geocaching" type business card inside. We think it would be useful to have a few to help explain our obsession to muggles.

Can't remember the actual wording on the card though.

Anyone know of them? And where can we get hold of some?
As opposed to those annoying business card like calling cards cachers leave in cache? After having signed the logbook, still leave a calling card which serves no other purpose than filling cache containers up with junk that no-one else wants, so therefore just serves as self-promotion! They can even be found in micro containers that have limited space in the first instance! So when cache is opened they fly everywhere and become litter if not all picked up....
Hope that is not what you guys are wanting? lol
Definitely not. We too think that "those" cards are just cache litter.

The ones we need are to help explain our obsession to muggles that ask.

The Silver Snitch
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Post by The Silver Snitch » 27 September 12 5:35 pm

Team Astro used to have a good one.

gmj3191
7500 or more caches found

Post by gmj3191 » 05 October 12 2:22 pm

Ha, I think this is what you need.

http://tinyurl.com/9tu3q7t

wyrdsister
350 ? I am the lizard queen
350 ? I am the lizard queen

Post by wyrdsister » 21 October 12 9:19 pm

I thaught it was just me getting annoyed with those buisness cards, Im over it the cheap skates obviously don't place anything else in the cache. I spent today on a mission to stock as many caches with kid friendly stuff, so disappointing for kids to find crap.

TwoDrews
400 or more spectacular views seen
Twitter: _macca_

Post by TwoDrews » 21 October 12 9:40 pm

wyrdsister wrote:...I spent today on a mission to stock as many caches with kid friendly stuff, so disappointing for kids to find crap.
I take a few swaps with me every week on my caching trips around the Melbourne suburbs with the idea of dropping them into caches to keep kids interested. But it's so hard to find a decent sized cache down here. Mint tins seem to be the standard. :(

Yesterday I finally found a cache in a 1 litre sistema container (GCHRM9) and I was stunned. Especially when I opened it and it was chockers with swaps. I couldn't have put any more in if I'd wanted to!

So I'll keep carrying the bits and pieces around, but I fear they're going to be in my bag for quite a while...

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 21 October 12 9:45 pm

TwoDrews wrote:
wyrdsister wrote:...I spent today on a mission to stock as many caches with kid friendly stuff, so disappointing for kids to find crap.
I take a few swaps with me every week on my caching trips around the Melbourne suburbs with the idea of dropping them into caches to keep kids interested. But it's so hard to find a decent sized cache down here. Mint tins seem to be the standard. :(

Yesterday I finally found a cache in a 1 litre sistema container (GCHRM9) and I was stunned. Especially when I opened it and it was chockers with swaps. I couldn't have put any more in if I'd wanted to!

So I'll keep carrying the bits and pieces around, but I fear they're going to be in my bag for quite a while...
3 of 4 new GCA caches at Harbour Town (placed today) are 1 litre or greater. You should be cool with those :mrgreen:

TwoDrews
Twitter: _macca_

Post by TwoDrews » 21 October 12 9:58 pm

caughtatwork wrote:3 of 4 new GCA caches at Harbour Town (placed today) are 1 litre or greater. You should be cool with those :mrgreen:
Sweet! Checking them out now. Thanks!

gmj3191

Post by gmj3191 » 22 October 12 10:42 am

wyrdsister wrote:I thaught it was just me getting annoyed with those buisness cards, Im over it the cheap skates obviously don't place anything else in the cache. I spent today on a mission to stock as many caches with kid friendly stuff, so disappointing for kids to find crap.
Those cards are not we're talking about.
We were talking about little cards which explain what geocaching is all about which you can give to interested muggles.

gmj3191

Post by gmj3191 » 22 October 12 10:47 am

caughtatwork wrote: 3 of 4 new GCA caches at Harbour Town (placed today) are 1 litre or greater. You should be cool with those :mrgreen:
Harbour Town ???

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 22 October 12 12:59 pm

gmj3191 wrote:
caughtatwork wrote: 3 of 4 new GCA caches at Harbour Town (placed today) are 1 litre or greater. You should be cool with those :mrgreen:
Harbour Town ???
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=harbour+town