Caching games this year?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Just a cacher

Re: Caching games this year?

Post by Just a cacher » 22 August 12 5:49 pm

Oh. I'd forgotten that bit. I don't think C@W would choose them. Not after :gnome and :frog

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 22 August 12 6:01 pm

Just a cacher wrote:For a theme, why not consider some of last year's suggestions, and choose the one you like best, C@W? :twisted:
I think the community should choose. Maybe. I like to watch the fighting from the sidelines.

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 22 August 12 6:21 pm

You would! :-)

OK, how about we each buy, make, borrow or steal (not really) an item that looks like each of us imagines that C@W looks like - or will look like, after the stress of the 'race'? Prize for the one closest to the photograph that C@W will have taken after the race?

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 22 August 12 6:22 pm

Points deducted for silly exaggerations.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 22 August 12 6:26 pm

Just a cacher wrote:You would! :-)

OK, how about we each buy, make, borrow or steal (not really) an item that looks like each of us imagines that C@W looks like - or will look like, after the stress of the 'race'? Prize for the one closest to the photograph that C@W will have taken after the race?
Snort :stabby
Unfortunately I have some photos up in the gallery, so it's not really a challenge.
Old. Grey haired. Grumpy. Not exactly an exciting race, unless they're in wheelchairs.

Hey, maybe they could all be wheelchairs this year. Or bikes. Or other alternative modes of transport. Each one with chain and lock. In plain sight. You need the combo, unlock it and ride it to the next location and hide it. Of course, then you have to walk back. But still. Stop someone placing 20 small caches into their boot. You're not likely to lose it at the bottom of your caching bag either.

Laighside Legends
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Laighside Legends » 22 August 12 6:40 pm

Just a cacher wrote:You would! :-)

Maybe whoever gets the closest to his avatar... :D
caughtatwork wrote:Hey, maybe they could all be wheelchairs this year. Or bikes. Or other alternative modes of transport. Each one with chain and lock. In plain sight. You need the combo, unlock it and ride it to the next location and hide it. Of course, then you have to walk back. But still. Stop someone placing 20 small caches into their boot. You're not likely to lose it at the bottom of your caching bag either.
[/quote]
How am I meant to fill a wheelchair or bicycle with cement???

canary
8000 or more caches found

Post by canary » 22 August 12 6:42 pm

caughtatwork wrote:Hey, maybe they could all be wheelchairs this year. Or bikes. Or other alternative modes of transport. Each one with chain and lock. In plain sight. You need the combo, unlock it and ride it to the next location and hide it. Of course, then you have to walk back. But still. Stop someone placing 20 small caches into their boot. You're not likely to lose it at the bottom of your caching bag either.
I admit I am over chasing moveables, BUT, this sounds like socially awkward fun.

Team Wibble
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Team Wibble » 22 August 12 6:52 pm

canary wrote:
I admit I am over chasing moveables, BUT, this sounds like socially awkward fun.
Indeed. Bonus if it's a small bmx or even better, a small, pink child's bike with streamers on the handlebars, a flowery basket on the front and spokey-dokes (can you still get them?)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 22 August 12 7:02 pm

Dunno, but I'm going to check out the op shop this weekend. I think having a moving moving cache like this could be either fun or hell on wheels.

pwags
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by pwags » 22 August 12 7:22 pm

I love the idea of "wheels"... would prevent mint tins, and give us something incredibly embarrassing to have to find and walk away with in very public places. All the elements of a good moveable!

Bikes, wheelchairs, ride-on mowers, kids' toys, etc... would be a heap of fun. =D>

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 22 August 12 7:35 pm

I have to admit that I am very motivated by the wheelchair that was in the race a couple of years ago. I was ever so disappointed it never made it anywhere near me. I haz a sad :cry:

This is the cache I'm referring to. http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga1679 It seemed like a freaken' hoot and I WANT IN!

So is it anything with wheels? Surely a matchbox car wouldn't be in the spirit? Something bigger than a breadbox? Smaller than the boot of your car? What, what, what. Anxious minds want to know.

Be aware, this years game will require you to MOVE the cache before you can claim it for the game. And by moved, I mean more than 1km. So no wheelchair parties (although that would be just so awesome). Maybe wheelchair parties or a string of cachers on their bikes would be exempt. I think I'm going to enjoy this.

I've also got a dead lawnmower in the shed that would be just perfect. Now get THAT in your boot :twisted:

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 22 August 12 8:01 pm

A matchbox car is basically just a mint tin with wheels, isn't it? Can't have that!

On the other hand larger items, such as bicycles and mowers would be a bit difficult for some cachers to handle. All right if you own a station wagon or a van (we have both!), but some people would be seriously handicapped.

And I think a special prize should be invented and awarded to the members of the group that have the most 'wheelie' caches in the same spot at the same time. Then we can all enjoy a really good cache party!

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 22 August 12 8:02 pm

Ooh! I just had an idea for a cache party. 1km cache races!

lemmykc
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by lemmykc » 22 August 12 8:02 pm

pwags wrote:I love the idea of "wheels"... would prevent mint tins, and give us something incredibly embarrassing to have to find and walk away with in very public places. All the elements of a good moveable!

Bikes, wheelchairs, ride-on mowers, kids' toys, etc... would be a heap of fun. =D>
Who ever said it would prevent mint tins? I think I can get my hands on some 1cm wheels, and a mint tin, and some glue......

rogerw3

Post by rogerw3 » 22 August 12 9:00 pm

Just a cacher wrote:A On the other hand larger items, such as bicycles and mowers would be a bit difficult for some cachers to handle. All right if you own a station wagon or a van (we have both!), but some people would be seriously handicapped.
I agree some of us have to use trains, buses and feet to go anywhere. of course you could make it a requirement that everybody has to use public transport!

#-o :-k