I knew it....

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
ktmadventurer
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

I knew it....

Post by ktmadventurer » 08 June 12 1:39 pm

...it wasn't going to be long before I asked a (stupid?) question!
I have loaded c:geo but I can't log in - I'm using my login from this site but I read something about a Groundspeak login?
Can someone help?
Thanks!

s_mc500
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Re: I knew it....

Post by s_mc500 » 08 June 12 2:38 pm

Yep, you will need an account with geocaching.com (Groundspeak) free or paid.

If you want the app to look for Geocaching Australia caches then try GA Cacher for Android.

ktmadventurer
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by ktmadventurer » 08 June 12 3:00 pm

Thank you!
I'm presuming that this website uses GeoCache.com somehow?
How does Groundspeak feature with them?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 08 June 12 3:56 pm

Geocaching Australia is a free site run by volunteers and is not affiliated with any other web site.
http://wiki.geocaching.com.au/wiki/Gc_vs_gca

belken

Post by belken » 08 June 12 5:01 pm

Are you the man who I met at the BAld Rock Carpark. If so welcome. I suppose if you are not welcome also. You.ve managed to get the two account slinked and asked a hard question to answer all in one day. At this stage use Geocaching Australia to talk to us as not many Australians hang out on the Groundspeak forums. Or they do they just don't discuss a lot on them.

Find a couple of caches list on the Grounspeak site and then we can give you all the guff on both sites as you move forward.

There is a little group of Townsville specific cachers on Facebook if you are interested.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 292053286/

roundcircle
1100 or more caches found
1100 or more caches found

!!

Post by roundcircle » 08 June 12 9:54 pm

ktmadventurer wrote:...it wasn't going to be long before I asked a (stupid?) question!
Thanks!
There are no stupid questions. However I have been known to have quite a few stupid answers.

Ask away!

ktmadventurer
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by ktmadventurer » 12 June 12 7:18 pm

Belken, no, that wasn't me at bald Rock and I'd be keen to meet up with a Townsvillian or two just so I make sure I'm going about all this the right way...

belken

Post by belken » 12 June 12 9:47 pm

ktmadventurer wrote:Belken, no, that wasn't me at bald Rock and I'd be keen to meet up with a Townsvillian or two just so I make sure I'm going about all this the right way...
I didn't think you were after I saw your occupation as a teacher. He was originally from South Africa which is what made me think you were one and the same but he worked night shift somewhere.

That Townsville facebook group has some very keen cachers in there. One cacher was looking for a caching buddy just this last weekend. The next "official" get together is in September sometime at the Palmetum. Look on the Groundspeak site for the event listing.

I will assume KTM refers to the motor bike. ON the Townsville show day long weekend we are planning to take a NSW cacher (*blossom) up to Herveys Range to pick up a couple of cachers that are down Pages Rd. You are welcome to tag along.