GeosportZ 2012 - Questions and Clarifications

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
blossom*
3000 or more caches found

Re: GeosportZ 2012 - Questions and Clarifications

Post by blossom* » 21 July 12 12:49 pm

:-$
caughtatwork wrote:
pwags wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:9 days to go.
Are we all invited to the party?
I have no idea what you're talking about :-$
pwags, it's supposed to be SURPRISE party :-$

pwags
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by pwags » 21 July 12 1:34 pm

blossom* wrote::-$
caughtatwork wrote:
pwags wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:9 days to go.
Are we all invited to the party?
I have no idea what you're talking about :-$
pwags, it's supposed to be SURPRISE party :-$
Oops! :oops:

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 21 July 12 2:54 pm

For the rowing requirement can an Unknown cache that has the first solved WP's next to a river but the final might not be, (coz we dont know where it is yet but based on logs think it wont be) be used?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 21 July 12 2:58 pm

GJMMelb wrote:For the rowing requirement can an Unknown cache that has the first solved WP's next to a river but the final might not be, (coz we dont know where it is yet but based on logs think it wont be) be used?
I can't tell where a final to a mystery is, so I can only check the posted co-ords.

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 21 July 12 3:09 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:For the rowing requirement can an Unknown cache that has the first solved WP's next to a river but the final might not be, (coz we dont know where it is yet but based on logs think it wont be) be used?
I can't tell where a final to a mystery is, so I can only check the posted co-ords.
Well........ the posted co-ords are in the water lol (the ocean actually) but I'm taking it that a photo for proof of water near WP1 (emailed to you not posted on the cache page) wont suffice?

tronador
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 21 July 12 4:47 pm

Seems like someone has logged the Marathon! :evil: Something the rest of us don't know?????

LouiseAnn
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by LouiseAnn » 21 July 12 4:48 pm

tronador wrote:Seems like someone has logged the Marathon! :evil: Something the rest of us don't know?????
I have permission, it's in this post. I will be in hospital for the real marathon

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 21 July 12 6:31 pm

GJMMelb wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:
Well........ the posted co-ords are in the water lol (the ocean actually) but I'm taking it that a photo for proof of water near WP1 (emailed to you not posted on the cache page) wont suffice?
OK embarrased now lol ... where we went today (next to a waterway) was actually GZ not the first solved WP!! ... it seems we had actually been to the first solved WP back in 2010 and the cache had sat in our Caches solved but not yet found folder for over 18 months lol but also updated in GSAK so thats how we knew it was next to water !!! So anyway it was actually the cache location today that is next to the waterway. lol :oops: :oops: :oops:

Also................... Caughtatwork, I had a thought ... maybe you have done this cache and therefore would know the co-ords lol and so I had a scroll down the cache page and you have actually already found this cache (YEY) so we will give you the co-ords in our log for you to confirm they are by a waterway (and that we have actually solved it lol)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 21 July 12 6:53 pm

LouiseAnn wrote:
tronador wrote:Seems like someone has logged the Marathon! :evil: Something the rest of us don't know?????
I have permission, it's in this post. I will be in hospital for the real marathon
http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopi ... 89#p196589
Correct. Exemption asked for and given.

gregandjudi

Post by gregandjudi » 22 July 12 9:14 am

GJMMelb wrote:
gregandjudi wrote:
pwags wrote:Interesting to see there are a couple of teams who now have over 250 points, so won't be attempting the marathon. :-"

One of them is me, part of my strategy :lol: . With all caches listed prior to 1st July approx 80 kms away from home, and both of us working, we decided the marathon was unachievable :( even if we logged mostly locationless.

Aiming for 29/30, and having fun doing the same =D> , although I've voted Greg to do the wading/swimming :twisted: .

Surely caught@work will give us a bonus for jumping in the Goulburn River on a frosty winters morning [-o< [-o< .
Us too although we're not over 250 yet, we will be with what's left of the other requirements. With how busy life gets, the weather etc etc etc we decided we probably wouldn't achieve the marathon and then we would be really stuck with not enough high pointers left for the rest of the requirements if we had based our previous points around doing the marathon. So with this in mind we are also aiming for 29/30 but if we decide to chicken out of the wading one then 28/30..... and mainly just lots of fun in the process!! :wink: lol
We checked the Goulburn yesterday & it's below minor flood levels but well up & in places over the banks. Looking for a new strategy :( :(

gregandjudi

Post by gregandjudi » 22 July 12 10:09 am

For the sailing category - does a reservoir fit here or in the rowing category. Reservoirs are not mentioned in either

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 22 July 12 10:18 am

gregandjudi wrote:For the sailing category - does a reservoir fit here or in the rowing category. Reservoirs are not mentioned in either
A reservoir could be used for sailing, but not for rowing.

gregandjudi

Post by gregandjudi » 22 July 12 10:24 am

caughtatwork wrote:
gregandjudi wrote:For the sailing category - does a reservoir fit here or in the rowing category. Reservoirs are not mentioned in either
A reservoir could be used for sailing, but not for rowing.
Thankyou caughtatwork, that was the answer I was hoping for \:D/

Ninnesfamily

Post by Ninnesfamily » 22 July 12 11:13 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
SamCarter wrote:Pixellate it!
+1
Or send it directly to me.
I ended up just editing the log on the cache page so that it didn't say specifically that we were wrestling over the container for the cache, so hopefully it won't act as a spoiler :).

toy hunters
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by toy hunters » 23 July 12 8:34 am

For 2707, would coordinates like S?? 27.??? E??? 07.??? be acceptable?