GeosportZ 2012 - Questions and Clarifications

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
SamCarter
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Re: GeosportZ 2012 - Questions and Clarifications

Post by SamCarter » 22 June 12 9:59 pm

caughtatwork wrote:OK, maybe that wasn't a good hint.

4 years ago during the same game, I found a cache (well I had a cache handed to me) that met one of the requirements that will be the same as this year. The further south you go, the more you are going to hate me. A certain Tasmanian (now) will know what I'm talking about.
Bwahahahahahaha.

Even though I am now souther than most, I actually don't hate you! Tee hee. \:D/

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 22 June 12 10:18 pm

sushilord wrote:Will you be able to revisit a cache that you have already found and logged, say a month ago, and claim the revisit for a requirement in this game, or do the finds for claiming a requirement for this game need to be first time finds? [-o<

Any more hints? :^o
Geocaches you claim for the game must be found or hidden during the game period. ie. You cannot claim requirements where you found the geocache prior to the game commencement or after the game conclusion.
Each requirement must be claimed against a geocache previously unfound by you. ie. You cannot revisit a geocache you have already found to claim a requirement, unless the requirement specifically states an exception.
Each requirement must be claimed against a different geocache. ie. You cannot claim more than one requirement per geocache.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 22 June 12 10:20 pm

Another hint?

Do you live in Zytheran land? You are probably going to hate me as well. Especially if your closest unfound cache is one of his. Pray to the caching gods that someone in the next week hides one closer to your home location. [-o<

Laighside Legends
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Laighside Legends » 22 June 12 11:06 pm

caughtatwork wrote:Another hint?

Do you live in Zytheran land? You are probably going to hate me as well. Especially if your closest unfound cache is one of his. Pray to the caching gods that someone in the next week hides one closer to your home location. [-o<
That event on July 1st is sooooooo close to been my closest!!! Beaten by that multi that finishes in Canberra, the one that finishes in Melbourne and the one that you need a kayak for... #-o
But on the other hand if 'home' is back on yorkes then the nearest in a traditional... (nano on a cannon I think)

There wouldn't happen to be a requirement to find 10+ cache types in one day on day 1 would there...

blossom*
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 22 June 12 11:25 pm

Well I like this hint. I might have to convince someone to hide a nice simple cache very close to my "home". :mrgreen:

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 22 June 12 11:33 pm

Laighside Legends wrote:

That event on July 1st is sooooooo close to been my closest!!! Beaten by that multi that finishes in Canberra, the one that finishes in Melbourne and the one that you need a kayak for... #-o
But on the other hand if 'home' is back on yorkes then the nearest in a traditional... (nano on a cannon I think)

There wouldn't happen to be a requirement to find 10+ cache types in one day on day 1 would there...
Not different types, no. I wonder what period they would need to be achieved over? Hmmm :-k

belken

Post by belken » 23 June 12 3:25 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
Laighside Legends wrote:

Not different types, no. I wonder what period they would need to be achieved over? Hmmm :-k
A normal decathlon is held over 2 consecutive days. hmm

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 23 June 12 9:54 pm

belken wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:
Laighside Legends wrote:

A normal decathlon is held over 2 consecutive days. hmm
Well maybe. But if you don't live very close to some of the less common cache types, 2 days might be a big ask. And anyway, I don't like the sound of this idea :( At all :cry: :cry:

quiet1_au
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by quiet1_au » 25 June 12 8:31 am

blossom* wrote:

Well I like this hint. I might have to convince someone to hide a nice simple cache very close to my "home". :mrgreen:
Ooh - I better leave the one near me for a while longer in that case! :-) It might be the only one I get... Sports and me don't mix - except GCing of course...

:-$

themd
7000 or more caches found
7000 or more caches found

Post by themd » 27 June 12 11:48 am

:shock: :shock:

Mine finishes over the Tasman.....

#-o #-o

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 27 June 12 12:24 pm

themd wrote:

:shock: :shock:

Mine finishes over the Tasman.....

#-o #-o
Oh, dear, how evil should I be? There might be a get out of jail free card on this one.

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 28 June 12 8:00 pm

More hints..more hints \:D/

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 28 June 12 8:08 pm

How big is a handball?
Jelly or mud; your choice.
How long do the real games run for and do you have enough petrol in your car?
Love all.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 28 June 12 8:22 pm

blossom* wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:Sure, why not.
For requirement 30 there is probably one one geocacher who will know how to meet the requirement immediately. The rest of you will probably need to find out who that is and offer a non-trivial bribe. It may be worth getting onto the fact finding sooner rather than later.
Oh good, that helps. :roll: I'll get right on to the fact finding tonight. Which facts do you reckon I ought to look into first?
There is a member in the game who you can probably ask to help with working this one out. I mean geofamily members should know, shouldn't they?

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 28 June 12 8:34 pm

caughtatwork wrote: Jelly or mud; your choice.
Well if I have to eat it, I think I'll go for jelly!