GeosportZ 2012 - Questions and Clarifications

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
GJMMelb
3000 or more caches found

Re: GeosportZ 2012 - Questions and Clarifications

Post by GJMMelb » 13 July 12 11:31 pm

tronador wrote:Any chance of putting the distance no.s in alignment, ie beginning with decimals then units, tens,........ you can't really sort by distance as the macro sorts by hundreds first.
Its doing the same on mine with the scores too ie listing like this
etc

this could be of course coz I've added my own extra column ???

Really appreciate this LouiseAnn and enjoying seeing/being part of it being worked out !!!!

JM

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 13 July 12 11:41 pm

That's an alpha sort. You need to be doing a numeric sort. Although I have no idea how to make that happen.

tronador
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 13 July 12 11:42 pm

GJMMelb wrote: Its doing the same on mine with the scores too ie listing like this
etc

JM
This is exactly what I meant! :wink:

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 13 July 12 11:58 pm

I can't believe it .... I have been starting to work on how to organise doing the 4x4 Relay event and JUST REALISED we could have used the GSAK Event that was on the 1 July as it was published BEFORE 1 July but now it is more than 7 days since we logged/attended it!!!

GRRRRRRRRR - soooooooooo frustrated!!!!!

JMelb :roll: :evil: :oops: 8-[ :cry:

LouiseAnn
4500 or more caches found

Post by LouiseAnn » 14 July 12 12:50 am

I'm keen to be part of a 4x4 get together, so long as it is either this weekend or next weekend, before I'm off line for medical reason. I'm happy with any cache at any points somewhere within 50km of Melbourne. Is that general enough?

LouiseAnn

Post by LouiseAnn » 14 July 12 12:52 am

tronador wrote:
GJMMelb wrote: Its doing the same on mine with the scores too ie listing like this
etc

JM
This is exactly what I meant! :wink:
I'm confident I can fix this, it is treating the sum as a string instead of a number and I will need to convert it. I'll have a bash when I get back from caching tomorrow. That should also fix the alignment issue.

pwags
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by pwags » 14 July 12 1:19 am

LouiseAnn wrote:I'm keen to be part of a 4x4 get together, so long as it is either this weekend or next weekend, before I'm off line for medical reason. I'm happy with any cache at any points somewhere within 50km of Melbourne. Is that general enough?
I'll also consider taking part in a 4x4. This Sunday? I want a 6-pointer, e.g. traditional micro, northern or western suburbs of Melbourne? Obviously it will have to be a cache none of the participants have found previously.

Maybe we could also do a second one for wrestling, too?

Any other takers?

quiet1_au
5500 or more caches found

Post by quiet1_au » 14 July 12 9:25 am

pwags wrote:
LouiseAnn wrote:I'm keen to be part of a 4x4 get together, so long as it is either this weekend or next weekend, before I'm off line for medical reason. I'm happy with any cache at any points somewhere within 50km of Melbourne. Is that general enough?
I'll also consider taking part in a 4x4. This Sunday? I want a 6-pointer, e.g. traditional micro, northern or western suburbs of Melbourne? Obviously it will have to be a cache none of the participants have found previously.

Any other takers?
I need something either 1 (to replace the event that turned out not to be a legal cache for GeosportZ - thanks GJMMelb for spotting that!), 3 or 4 points - I guess I could stretch to 6 points - or perhaps we can do a selection and cover everyone's needs? GJMMelb were asking after 4x4 relay caching too.

Sunday should work for me, I need a GC daily cache regardless (Saturday too for that matter but its a bit short notice and looks like it's going to be less than ideal weather conditions...)

:-$

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 14 July 12 9:34 am

quiet1_au wrote:
pwags wrote:

Any other takers?
I need something either 1 (to replace the event that turned out not to be a legal cache for GeosportZ - thanks GJMMelb for spotting that!), 3 or 4 points - I guess I could stretch to 6 points - or perhaps we can do a selection and cover everyone's needs? GJMMelb were asking after 4x4 relay caching too.

Sunday should work for me, I need a GC daily cache regardless (Saturday too for that matter but its a bit short notice and looks like it's going to be less than ideal weather conditions...)

He, he Quiet1_au, you beat me to it, I was going to say you needed one as well and would prefer a 3 pointer lol.
Anyway 1-6 points would suit us, out of Northern or Western suburbs, we would probably prefer Northern as we are 18km east of Melbourne.
Sunday arvo (tomorrow) would suit us.
Yes to a Wrestling one too!!!
Cool, this will be fun!! :lol: 8) :lol:
So that makes 4 teams already... pwags, LouiseAnn, Quiet1_au, GJMMelb....
Any other takers ??? :D

LouiseAnn

Post by LouiseAnn » 14 July 12 9:53 am

I'm in for either day, pref for Sunday. I have no cache suggestions, but the points sound fine to me too

quiet1_au

Post by quiet1_au » 14 July 12 10:29 am

Like GJMMelb, ditto the northern +/- east or west preference. I'll troll through my spreadsheet for some likely sounding candidates I could do, perhaps if everyone does the same we can find common ground?

Mr caughtatwork sir! If you are part of a 4x4 relay team (or wrestler) as co-finder but are not claiming it as a GeosportZ 2012 find yourself, does the previously unfound rule apply to said hangers-on? The rules state only it has to be unfound by you (the GZ12 logger), nothing I can see that specifically relates to the other cachers? They could log the find as a second visit. [-o<

LouiseAnn

Post by LouiseAnn » 14 July 12 10:35 am

quiet1_au wrote:Like GJMMelb, ditto the northern +/- east or west preference. I'll troll through my spreadsheet for some likely sounding candidates I could do, perhaps if everyone does the same we can find common ground?

Mr caughtatwork sir! If you are part of a 4x4 relay team (or wrestler) as co-finder but are not claiming it as a GeosportZ 2012 find yourself, does the previously unfound rule apply to said hangers-on? The rules state only it has to be unfound by you (the GZ12 logger), nothing I can see that specifically relates to the other cachers? They could log the find as a second visit. [-o<

I'm about to head out for caching, I'm happy to go with the group and hope its not one I've found.....
I'm assuming we are going with Sunday. I'm PM my number to quiet1_au incase you decide this afternoon

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 14 July 12 10:41 am

quiet1_au wrote:Like GJMMelb, ditto the northern +/- east or west preference. I'll troll through my spreadsheet for some likely sounding candidates I could do, perhaps if everyone does the same we can find common ground?

I got all excited and found 3 low scoring caches at the Organ Pipes Parks but then went thru the logs and pwags has already found them lol

One I have found so far that no-one has done in the north and is 6 points is "A view to 3000 from 3088", just trying to find a low scoring nearby cache for the wrestling ...

PS LouiseAnn, I'm presuming Sunday arvo too ... :)

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 14 July 12 11:09 am

GJMMelb wrote:
I got all excited and found 3 low scoring caches at the Organ Pipes Parks but then went thru the logs and pwags has already found them lol

One I have found so far that no-one has done in the north and is 6 points is "A view to 3000 from 3088", just trying to find a low scoring nearby cache for the wrestling ...

A potential wrestling one is Mariposa Estate but it's worth 9 points - thats ok for us, what about others? Any other lower scoring ones either Quiet1_au or LouiseAnn have done ... :)
Happy for others to do some research in different spots ... :D

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 14 July 12 11:40 am

GJMMelb wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:

A potential wrestling one is Mariposa Estate but it's worth 9 points - thats ok for us, what about others? Any other lower scoring ones either Quiet1_au or LouiseAnn have done ... :)
Happy for others to do some research in different spots ... :D
In the interests of keeping this topic to Questions and Clarifications, I have started a new topic re tomorrows get together ... :-) http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopi ... =2&t=17509