GeosportZ 2012 - Questions and Clarifications

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bewilderbeest
2000 or more caches found

Re: GeosportZ 2012 - Questions and Clarifications

Post by Bewilderbeest » 03 July 12 11:30 am

caughtatwork wrote:
Bewilderbeest wrote:For the 4x4 relay, do the other 3 cachers need to log the find, or would a photo of them at GZ suffice?
They need to log the find. You really can't go find a cache that others have previously found.
It wouldnt be that they've previously found it, just that they're a bit slack about logging. But I'll whip them so they do, just for me.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 03 July 12 11:31 am

akkatracker wrote:For the 4x4 relay would an event do?
From the rules:
Geocaches you claim for the game may be of any type found at geocaching.com or Geocaching Australia. They need not be physical geocaches.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 03 July 12 11:32 am

Bewilderbeest wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:
Bewilderbeest wrote:For the 4x4 relay, do the other 3 cachers need to log the find, or would a photo of them at GZ suffice?
They need to log the find. You really can't go find a cache that others have previously found.
It wouldnt be that they've previously found it, just that they're a bit slack about logging. But I'll whip them so they do, just for me.
Misunderstood the question.
As long as you log it, I'll trust that you've done the right thing if they're slackers.

Bewilderbeest

Post by Bewilderbeest » 03 July 12 11:50 am

caughtatwork wrote:
Bewilderbeest wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:
Misunderstood the question.
As long as you log it, I'll trust that you've done the right thing if they're slackers.
Thank you, you're a gentleman :D

quiet1_au
5500 or more caches found

Post by quiet1_au » 03 July 12 4:57 pm

themd wrote:
quiet1_au wrote:Re: 3: Archery - would it be sufficient for the non-animal powered flight requirement to be a cache with airstrip/airport/airfield in their name? I seem to be out of luck (SOL) with anything with kites/planes/balloons/rockets/etc in the cache name.... :-\

Thanks,
:-$
mmmmm are you sure??
Ummmmm I thought I was sure but you seem to have found one... :-k What I should have said is that I was out of luck *in my usual caching areas* ie. not in my GSAK database... :wink:
Thanks themd :D =D>

quiet1_au

Post by quiet1_au » 03 July 12 5:06 pm

Team Wibble wrote:
akkatracker wrote:Does anyone know of a way to search for certain numbers in the coordinates of caches
You mean you HAVEN'T run a full unfound query, imported it into GSAK, exported it to excel and started up the mother of all spreadsheets?

Or was I the only one doing that on Sunday afternoon?
Thanks for the top Team Wibble - makes like a lot easier (although I'm still manually scanning through the number check formula - but its not too painful, already located several "tennis" options :-) )

FelixII
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by FelixII » 04 July 12 1:33 am

:-k Ummm I read 26: The Olympic Rings meaning you needed, Red, Green, Blue, in the cache name with either Black or Yellow?

So is it any of the 5 colours in the cache name or is it 3+ either of the other 2? :?

Regards

Very Confused! :stabby

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 04 July 12 9:04 am

FelixII wrote::-k Ummm I read 26: The Olympic Rings meaning you needed, Red, Green, Blue, in the cache name with either Black or Yellow?

So is it any of the 5 colours in the cache name or is it 3+ either of the other 2? :?

Regards

Very Confused! :stabby
Any of the 5 listed colours.

blossom*
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 04 July 12 9:59 am

Can I claim the kayak requirement against an event? GC3E4Z9 was published back on 9th May, before the Geosportz began so it fulfills the criterion of caches that are elligible. And it certainly requires a watercraft to attend so I am hoping that it is eliglible for the canoe/kayak requiement?

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 04 July 12 10:37 am

For the Archery section, I'm presuming we can claim Archer's Association for this one? It doesnt have kites planes balloons etc in it but is near an archery field. GC1H2T7

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 04 July 12 10:56 am

blossom* wrote:Can I claim the kayak requirement against an event? GC3E4Z9 was published back on 9th May, before the Geosportz began so it fulfills the criterion of caches that are elligible. And it certainly requires a watercraft to attend so I am hoping that it is eliglible for the canoe/kayak requiement?
Yep. Provided you do it via canoe. Pictures would be hilarious.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 04 July 12 10:57 am

GJMMelb wrote:For the Archery section, I'm presuming we can claim Archer's Association for this one? It doesnt have kites planes balloons etc in it but is near an archery field. GC1H2T7
Unless they're flinging birds, yes archery would be non-animal flight.

akkatracker
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by akkatracker » 04 July 12 11:37 am

blossom* wrote:Can I claim the kayak requirement against an event? GC3E4Z9 was published back on 9th May, before the Geosportz began so it fulfills the criterion of caches that are elligible. And it certainly requires a watercraft to attend so I am hoping that it is eliglible for the canoe/kayak requiement?
Shame I can't make that one ](*,) Might have to find a friend who's willing to let us borrow a kayak to get some caches

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 04 July 12 1:56 pm

Some of the requirements are that the cache page has certain attributes - horse-friendly icon and bike-friendly icon. Is there any GCA equivalent for these two GC "attributes" ?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 04 July 12 2:16 pm

blossom* wrote:Some of the requirements are that the cache page has certain attributes - horse-friendly icon and bike-friendly icon. Is there any GCA equivalent for these two GC "attributes" ?
Not exactly. You can substitute TAGS for icons.