Forgotten to log caches.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Re: Forgotten to log caches.

Post by Richary » 26 May 12 12:23 am

I don't think I have missed that many. I did do one in the Clare Valley a few years ago that seemed familiar, and when I checked the logbook I had found it a couple of years before and for some reason not logged it.

On a big caching day I will usually scribble the cache name and a note on some paper to jog the memory when I get home about the experience, so I can write something meaningful - I am not going to write a long log on the iPhone keypad.

Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 26 May 12 7:10 am

We are the same, its pen and paper for the found info, for a more detailed found log that evening, or the next day. No phone or GPS logging for me. More time consuming typing on an itty bitty screen with ogre type fingers.

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 26 May 12 9:00 am

I did a string of caches in a short time in Townsville this week. There's something of a power trail developing there. I was using c:geo on the phone and logged each using the template which basically said "Found it. Longer log to come. Thanks." That way I could edit them all when I got home and put something more meaningful. It's probably the only way I'd remember them all. Would be easy to forget one or two otherwise.
I guess I could have it set at 'TFTC' just to annoy the cache owner. :mrgreen: