Find unloved caches in own finds?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
quiet1_au
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Re: Find unloved caches in own finds?

Post by quiet1_au » 23 March 13 7:58 pm

Marcus Vitruvius wrote:
quiet1_au wrote:It seems to work perfectly for GCA caches, but I just can't get it to work with GC ones. I get recent logs and upload My Finds queries but it just seems to a) Not come up with anything for the DateOfPreviousFind b) therefore only gives 0 for MonthsSincePreviousFind... :-\

Any ideas?

:-$
You need to ensure you have downloaded all the logs for the caches in your database so that the macro can calculate the months between your found log and the previous log. You do this by going to the tab Geocaching.com access, and then Get recent logs. Once your database is up to date...it should work. Keep in mind this may take a little time depending on the number of caches in your database.
You also need to fiddle with the Tools - Options - "Method for matching owned and found caches". For most things a Regex match using my caching name is perfectly OK. But not for the LonelyFinds macro - it does work if I change the match method to Owner ID# as per the other site's account details though (which won't work for GCA cache finds though). Once I figured out that little gotcha, it works just fine \:D/ - provided the previous finder has actually bothered to log their find online...... [-X Unloved challenge cache complete now. :D

Marcus Vitruvius
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Re: Find unloved caches in own finds?

Post by Marcus Vitruvius » 23 March 13 9:14 pm

quiet1_au wrote:
Marcus Vitruvius wrote:
quiet1_au wrote:It seems to work perfectly for GCA caches, but I just can't get it to work with GC ones. I get recent logs and upload My Finds queries but it just seems to a) Not come up with anything for the DateOfPreviousFind b) therefore only gives 0 for MonthsSincePreviousFind... :-\

Any ideas?

You need to ensure you have downloaded all the logs for the caches in your database so that the macro can calculate the months between your found log and the previous log. You do this by going to the tab Geocaching.com access, and then Get recent logs. Once your database is up to date...it should work. Keep in mind this may take a little time depending on the number of caches in your database.
You also need to fiddle with the Tools - Options - "Method for matching owned and found caches". For most things a Regex match using my caching name is perfectly OK. But not for the LonelyFinds macro - it does work if I change the match method to Owner ID# as per the other site's account details though (which won't work for GCA cache finds though). Once I figured out that little gotcha, it works just fine \:D/ - provided the previous finder has actually bothered to log their find online...... [-X Unloved challenge cache complete now. :D

Well done!