BIG Little Geocaching Event

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
jgc3

Re: BIG Little Geocaching Event

Post by jgc3 » 28 April 12 12:34 pm

Richary wrote:I hope it goes well for you but I won't be attending. We can't have a social beer in the evening onsite? That's just silly. Sounds like the wowsers convention. I didn't notice any problems with people getting pissed at the recent mega and causing problems.

I could add that I hate the Beatles so the band isn't an attraction - though I am happy to accept that different people like different music. Also my next trip to Adelaide will hopefully include time to do a tour through the Flinders, and January is not the right time.
Thanks for the feedback we're taking it all into account with the July 2013 event already being planned.. so it's a BIG learning curve for us.. I also agree I had no problem with people having a drink at oz mega.. it was a rule set by the convention centre.. not ours, however, we really wanted to do the boating geocache adventure we've set up.. and being close to the boat launching area was a must for us.. so we chose accordingly and out of respect of the request of the centre and wanting to be totally upfront with anyone considering attending it's out there early so people can make an informed decision... It appears from the level of interest and bookings so far even before we're able to list the event officially, that the turn out will be large..

Regards
James

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 28 April 12 7:21 pm

I guess those who want to have a beer can always pick one of the nearby accomodation options rather than staying onsite. I suppose it relates to it being a church-based centre the event is hosted at.

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 29 April 12 4:59 am

Richary wrote:I guess those who want to have a beer can always pick one of the nearby accomodation options rather than staying onsite. I suppose it relates to it being a church-based centre the event is hosted at.
I agree, I expect as there's a pub less than 3 mins away shouldn't be a problem, I hope the things we've got planned will compensate.. I came up with an idea tonight for a cache that I would of loved to find myself... but not really a challenge when you know how to solve it, because you put it out yourself #-o

Cheers...

lemmykc
2500 or more caches found

Post by lemmykc » 29 April 12 2:54 pm

I am very interested in this event, it sounds great. We go down to Warrnambool every school holidays, and I noticed Nelson is not too far from Warrnambool. Would we be alright if we stayed in Warrnambool and travelled up to Nelson each day? We always stay with family in Warrnambool.

Sounds great though and I hope I can attend!

maccamob
10000 or more caches found

Post by maccamob » 30 April 12 12:44 am

lemmykc wrote:I am very interested in this event, it sounds great. We go down to Warrnambool every school holidays, and I noticed Nelson is not too far from Warrnambool. Would we be alright if we stayed in Warrnambool and travelled up to Nelson each day? We always stay with family in Warrnambool.
:shock: It's 158km from Warrnambool to Nelson.

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 30 April 12 1:23 pm

Umm... strange...
Are you doing it all yourself?

There seems to be a rather large ball rolling already for a combined effort with more SA cachers to make a mega...... did you know this?

:shock: :shock: 8-[

team waldron

Post by team waldron » 30 April 12 2:06 pm

MtnLioness wrote:Umm... strange...

There seems to be a rather large ball rolling already for a combined effort with more SA cachers to make a mega...... did you know this?

A power trail of Megas!!

oldfella

Post by oldfella » 30 April 12 3:18 pm

Congrats on the effort.

If this does go Mega I will be disappointed as I have to give 12months advance notice for my Annual leave and as I am going to the NZ Mega my leave up to Easter 2013 is allready pencilled in and can not be changed.

If it had been Easter or even after I would have had a chance of attending but youu can not please everyone and fit into everyones schedules due to work or family etc.

A pity I can not make this one. The two previous Mega events gave at least twelve months intention of holding one even though they were not listed at the time.

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 30 April 12 4:41 pm

lemmykc wrote:I am very interested in this event, it sounds great. We go down to Warrnambool every school holidays, and I noticed Nelson is not too far from Warrnambool. Would we be alright if we stayed in Warrnambool and travelled up to Nelson each day? We always stay with family in Warrnambool.

Sounds great though and I hope I can attend!
Hi,

Certainly could if you wish, no problem here, but be aware it's about 180 kms approx. according to what info I looked up.. could be different depending on exactly where you are.

Hope to see you there.

Regards
James

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 30 April 12 4:56 pm

maccamob wrote:
:shock: It's 158km from Warrnambool to Nelson.
Thanks... thought it was a little more.. just saved some km's.. :)

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 30 April 12 5:00 pm

I am certainly steering the ship but there's others involved.. and yes I'd heard rumours but no one has told me anything but rumours.. I believe there's plenty of geocachers to support more events as we're already planning another after this.. and whether they're mega in the end or not the important fact is people that attend will enjoy themselves.. and it offers a chance for people to come that may not be able too at another location, Australia is a big place...

Cheers

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 30 April 12 5:03 pm

oldfella wrote:Congrats on the effort.

If this does go Mega I will be disappointed as I have to give 12months advance notice for my Annual leave and as I am going to the NZ Mega my leave up to Easter 2013 is allready pencilled in and can not be changed.

If it had been Easter or even after I would have had a chance of attending but youu can not please everyone and fit into everyones schedules due to work or family etc.

A pity I can not make this one. The two previous Mega events gave at least twelve months intention of holding one even though they were not listed at the time.
It is probably going to be an Annual event as the location is getting upgrades to the building etc.. so it will be even better in 2014..

So you're welcome to consider planning a visit for then..

NZ should be awesome.. enjoy

Thanks
James

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 30 April 12 5:07 pm

team waldron wrote:

A power trail of Megas!!
=D>

Classic.. why not?

:D

Team Pathfinder
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found

Post by Team Pathfinder » 30 April 12 6:26 pm

We too hope there are caravan parks available nearby that WILL allow pets as we always have our two boys travelling with us or we just don't go. :D Now bringing the kids, that's another thing - quite easy to leave him at home :lol:

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 30 April 12 8:07 pm

Team Pathfinder wrote:We too hope there are caravan parks available nearby that WILL allow pets as we always have our two boys travelling with us or we just don't go. :D Now bringing the kids, that's another thing - quite easy to leave him at home :lol:
You should be ok with Pets at about 2kms or so from event..

http://www.rivervupark.com.au/

Regards
James