BIG Little Geocaching Event

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
jgc3

Re: BIG Little Geocaching Event

Post by jgc3 » 25 June 12 12:06 am

We happy to announce that for a lucky Munzee player at the coming BIG Little Event www.BIGLittleEvent.com
we're giving away an upgrade to PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP.. if you already have one we'll extend it for another year.

Good Luck.

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 26 June 12 12:25 am

Event accommodation update.

ONLY 1 BUNK ROOM with showers / toilet left..

Still standard rooms and plenty of camping spaces..

Thanks

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 30 June 12 12:13 am

Hi

Just a reminder those who have registered and pre-paid please log your "Will Attend" on the GC listing GC3JC6J

Thanks to everyone for the great support, phone calls and emails. Much appreciated.

Regards
James

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 02 July 12 8:46 pm

For the munzee people out there.. we've been lucky enough to get a number of the new batch of mystery munzees that will be deployed around the event.. \:D/

Cheers

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 04 July 12 12:45 am

We have a preview of the BIG Little Event in Vol 2 Issue 2 of Geocaching in Australia magazine for people interested.

Thanks

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 16 July 12 6:21 pm

We've had a few people offer to help during the event as a volunteer. If you are willing to offer some of your time please contact me for more information.

Thanks.

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 28 July 12 9:09 pm

Event update.

Thanks to those who have logged a will attend for the event. Those who have but still have not filled out the REGISTRATION form
please do we need the details regarding accommodation etc.

http://www.biglittleevent.com/registration.html

We have 65 geocachers attending so far that are officially registered. This is not including those will attends who have not done the registration.

So the we're projecting at approx. 390 to attend the event at the moment.

A large promotional campaign is about to start in various areas so this is expected to increase.

Anyone with questions about the event. You can email me or leave messages here.

http://www.biglittleevent.com/contact-us.html

Thanks..

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 20 August 12 11:25 am

For the kids... We're happy to announce we'll have a Jumping castle at the event for the children for awhile on the weekend..
among other activities being planned....

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 30 August 12 3:25 pm

Bit of trivia..

Was just in Melbourne helping out with filming a geocaching documentary. Was interesting..

And we'll be showing it at the event..

Cheers
James

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 12 September 12 1:39 pm

Update:

Please note on site accommodation update.

Rooms with private shower / toilet .. No longer Available SOLD OUT

Powered Campsites - No longer Available SOLD OUT

Unpowered sites and regular rooms still available.

Thanks.

The Empire
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by The Empire » 17 September 12 1:16 pm

If this isn't a MEGA event, and I'm staying off site, why do I have to pay $65? What am I getting for my money? Where does my money go? :?

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 17 September 12 4:56 pm

The Empire wrote:If this isn't a MEGA event, and I'm staying off site, why do I have to pay $65? What am I getting for my money? Where does my money go? :?
Have a look on the official website, there's a big concert sat and entertainment sunday. Loads of fun at no extra cost for
the kids, face painting, jumping castles etc.. plus an awesome boating adventure and more all included in your registration
as well as collector path tags, etc in your goodies bag.

And a mega event has nothing to do with whether an event should be a paid event or not. There's 100's of hours of work going into planning and organising this event, such as the PA systems, lighting, extra toilets, extra power for onsite campers, temporary fencing
etc..

Cheers
James

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 28 September 12 2:41 pm

For those interested the BIG Little Event is being featured as well as a general geocaching chit chat on ABC SE Radio breakfast show tomorrow with Lucy Richards for anyone whom may wish to tune in.. Cheers

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 03 December 12 10:33 pm

We are pleased to announce the kiosk will be open all day Fri / Sat / Sun for meals, drinks, coffee. ice cream and snacks.

A menu will be listed soon.

Thanks

ian-and-penny
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by ian-and-penny » 04 December 12 7:07 am

jgc3 wrote:
The Empire wrote:If this isn't a MEGA event, and I'm staying off site, why do I have to pay $65? What am I getting for my money? Where does my money go? :?
Have a look on the official website, there's a big concert sat and entertainment sunday. Loads of fun at no extra cost for
the kids, face painting, jumping castles etc So is there a discount for teams without kids?.. plus an awesome boating adventure and more all included in your registration
as well as collector path tags, etc in your goodies bag.

And a mega event has nothing to do with whether an event should be a paid event or not. There's 100's of hours of work going into planning and organising this event True, but this is/should be done by volunteers. The organiser should not expect to receive an income!, such as the PA systems, lighting, extra toilets, extra power for onsite campers, temporary fencing
etc..
If the sponsorship is worked out correctly, these should be factored into the equation and be provided for at no cost to the participants.

Cheers
James
extra toilets, extra power for onsite campers, temporary fencing costs for these things should not be passed on to participants that wish to stay off site.