User / Team Profiles...

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
leek
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

User / Team Profiles...

Post by leek » 10 May 03 7:47 pm

Hi All,

If you haven't already done so, can you (re)visit your forum profile and enter as much information as you feel comfortable with... Please enter at least the State in which you operate as this will help the state coordinators ensure that you receive anything of relevance within that state...

Cheers,
Leek

Team Stargazer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Team Stargazer » 18 June 03 8:15 pm

I tried to add my details for Yahoo Messenger but when I upload & review my profile that info doesn't show up :(

dak's Emu Mob
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Changing My Name?

Post by dak's Emu Mob » 18 November 03 9:58 pm

When I first started geocaching, I chose the name dak188401, which at least was unique. However, my current geocaching name is "dak's Emu Mob". I'd like to change my Oz Geo login name to this, but I can't manage it on the profile page.

Is it allowed/possible to change my login name, or do I have to create a new profile? If a new profile is the only option, how do I delete the old profile?

One last query: what the heck does "avatar" mean, and how do I upload an image to accompany my posts? I read the FAQ, but got no enlightenment there. The profile page says that images must be 30x30 pixels, but such a file is tiny! Others seem to have "normal" immages to accompany their login name in the posts page. Am I missing something (again).

All help appreciated.

Cheers,

dak

You got mail :) Pyrenees kid.

pyrenees kid
Site Admin

Re: Changing My Name?

Post by pyrenees kid » 19 November 03 8:29 pm

Dak's Emu Mob wrote:When I first started geocaching, I chose the name dak188401, which at least was unique. However, my current geocaching name is "dak's Emu Mob". I'd like to change my Oz Geo login name to this, but I can't manage it on the profile page.

Is it allowed/possible to change my login name, or do I have to create a new profile? If a new profile is the only option, how do I delete the old profile?

One last query: what the heck does "avatar" mean, and how do I upload an image to accompany my posts? I read the FAQ, but got no enlightenment there. The profile page says that images must be 30x30 pixels, but such a file is tiny! Others seem to have "normal" immages to accompany their login name in the posts page. Am I missing something (again).

All help appreciated.

Cheers,

dak
If you have no where to host an avatar you can email it to me at caching@bigpond.com

C.A.S.
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

User / Team Profiles...

Post by C.A.S. » 02 February 04 11:53 pm

It seems this could be a FAQ, however when I try and change my username it does not update my profile. I registered to this site using cafelatte however I too would like to change it to C.A.S., our geocache team name. Help Admin! what am I doing wrong? :?

embi
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by embi » 03 February 04 7:49 am

dak's Emu Mob wrote:When I first started geocaching, I chose the name dak188401, which at least was unique. However, my current geocaching name is "dak's Emu Mob". I'd like to change my Oz Geo login name to this, but I can't manage it on the profile page.

You can change it on your acct info page. Just enter the new username, as long as it isnt taken then it will allow the change.
Go to 'my cache page' click on 'change your account info'
Pick a username to use with this account.*
If you change the username that you have listed, and enter your password your username will change on the site.

C.A.S.
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by C.A.S. » 03 February 04 9:57 pm

Thanks embi, what you're saying relates to the profile that is with www.geocaching.com . However I'm led to believe the profile that dak's Emu Mob and myself are wanting to change is the profile with forum.geocaching.com.au . It appears that even though I enter in a different username (as located under Profile link) and it is acknowledged that the changes have been accepted, I am still unable to log into forum.geocaching.com.au under the new logon username. :cry:

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 05 September 05 12:07 am

Last post 3rd Feb '04. Does this thread really justify it's existance? Sitting up the top of the list here with a sticky status and all. Doesn't provide a whole lot of important information really. :twisted: