Nuvi 765 Operating System reqd for an idiot.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
OMY130

Nuvi 765 Operating System reqd for an idiot.

Post by OMY130 » 13 April 12 12:08 pm

I have a Garmin Nuvi 765 in which I have corrupted/lost a file. Need a copy of all the files as unsure what I done #-o 8-[

Was organizing a trip to NSW last week. Having not been a Premium Member for a while & forgetting what to do, I've done something in the GPX file transfer to/from the Nuvi via GSAK????

It now has no maps but it can tell me where is it. Just like the good old days.......

Any help will be appreciated =D> I just don't know what I've moved/deleted ](*,)

PesceVerde
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Re: Nuvi 765 Operating System reqd for an idiot.

Post by PesceVerde » 13 April 12 3:25 pm

Hi. Have you tried to run Garmin's WebUpdater to update/rectify the issue? Connect the nuvi to PC and run the program. If you don't have WebUpdater already, it can be downloaded from garmin website.

GSAK shouldn't corrupt any nuvi files but there may be a corrupted file in the upload?? I'd remove your GSAK caches/waypoints file for now.

If the nuvi isn't displaying maps, but should, go into menu (something like) Tools>Settings>Map>Info>...
"CN Aus & NZ ..." should be listed. Check that it's ticked and all other maps are not ticked.

Maybe try the Garmin help line.

Cheers. :)