Favourite frogs

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
tronador
6500 or more caches found

Re: Favourite frogs

Post by tronador » 19 January 12 10:38 pm

gmj3191 wrote:Myself, I like a frog who can stand up and be proud, and throw his weight around.

I guess it's like playing god, creating a frog in your own image.
I agree, the big ones have character like the gnomes :D
My favourites so far are
1. Bill http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga3648
2. Farewell Froggie http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga3863

tronador

Post by tronador » 19 January 12 10:43 pm

ikkibrady wrote:I found a frog so large it didn't fit in my boot. Instead took up most of my back seat.
Ohhhh =D> =D> can someone bring this to Sydney??? :-"

rogerw3
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by rogerw3 » 19 January 12 10:48 pm

tronador wrote:
ikkibrady wrote:I found a frog so large it didn't fit in my boot. Instead took up most of my back seat.
Ohhhh =D> =D> can someone bring this to Sydney??? :-"
:frog ](*,)
Sorry I don't have a back seat!
:frogette #-o

quiet1_au
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by quiet1_au » 20 January 12 7:10 am

blossom* wrote:
quiet1_au wrote:Any that don't weigh 10kg and I have to fight to squeeze into my 'frogging backpack! (you big boys know who you are!) ;-)
Is there a unofficial competition to make the least convenient Leapfrog possible? I've found a few contenders (and mine are losing dismally...) :D
Yep, all the Q1 frogs get the "Perfect Frog" vote. They are small enough that they can be hidden absolutely anywhere, any number of them can be slipped into a pocket or bag for transport, they are very attractive little froggies, the log container is waterproof, easy to open and the log is easy to get out and is a decent size to write on. =D> :frogette :frog
Most of my :frog 's were dirt cheap too! \:D/ Those little containers cost about 15c each (I recently bought another set - yet to decide whether to scatter them or perhaps make a mini Woodlands 100 series, or keep them in stock for next year's race) and the bulk frogs about 45c each (the few cache frogs turned Leapfrog just a swap) I'm a "frifty frogger" (or "toadarse" if you're less kind...) :lol:

GGau

Post by GGau » 20 January 12 11:01 am

Thanks Bronnie_1990 for saying nice things about Toggy. I hadn't realised just how much I was looking forward to planting him in the grandparents fairy garden until he went MIA ;(
I've only met a few different frogs and yes, the handmade ones are coolest - Stagetree's was cute and definitely worthy of its froggy hospital visit, and I have a soft spot for dog a frog as I was so tempted to play fetch with it ;)
I'd love to meet some of the others, am heading out to find some more of the Melbourne lot - damm SamCarter's calculations ... :P

hookline

Post by hookline » 20 January 12 11:07 am

budgietas wrote:I would like to suggest "frogger" by makky brown. It's a different kind of frog and since it will not leave Tasmania I think I can describe it here.

Basically it is a round siestema container with a green nintendo game boy with the game frogger on board. The challenge is to get a top score. Very clever I thought
I thought of that one, even though I never got to find it. :cry: I think it's the only frog I've seen so far that I reeeeaally wanted to get... but the closest it got to me was Devonport, and by the time I saw it was there, someone had carted it off to Hobart. :stabby

*sad nintendo fan*

So my favourite frogs are my own. I am fond of Frogeater. I know he is hideous, but that's why I love him. When I saw him in the secondhand shop, I knew he was so ugly that no one would ever buy him. My partner thought I was crazy paying actual money for that thing. But I saved him from an eternity of gathering dust and being shunned in a musty shop. I gave him teeth and turned him into a cool little monster.

Aww, I hope he hasn't gone missing in the wilds of Hobart and that one day he will come home... *sniff*

Dippedidooda
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Dippedidooda » 20 January 12 10:14 pm

That reply amused me, because earlier today I was thinking about which frog I'd nominate and was intending to come back to this thread to nominate "frogeater" http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga3850! I thought it was the most fantastic frog! Even with two teeth missing. (And I noticed he wasn't found after I'd hid him yesterday, if not found I'll call back to check - as I'm quite convinced he wouldn't have been muggled where he was.

But I also loved one suggested in anohter post "Can you hear the frogs Fernando" - that was extremely cute.

But lots of the frogs are really cute. It's a good theme.

SamCarter
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by SamCarter » 20 January 12 10:32 pm

I enjoyed meeting "Frogeater" too, although it sounds like my repair to his third tooth may have failed if he is back down to two. If I get up early enough, I may have a chance to hunt for him tomorrow morning. I wouldn't be too worried about him yet; the last non-finder said that the presence of a muggle had prevented a thorough search.

I've also enjoyed "Frogger" and "Prince Charming" (wasn't what I was expecting to look for), and I thought "The Cache Protector" was cute ... and I have a soft spot for "Touchwood" because he brings back memories of a childhood TV show and I've had to hunt him down a couple of times when he's threatened to go out of circulation,

GJMMelb
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by GJMMelb » 21 January 12 7:55 pm

ikkibrady wrote:See I feel like if I put a photo up it will ruin the surprise when you find it. In saying that noone else has found it :-(
We've found it now (and we LOVE it) and we brought it back to Melbourne today in our very very very packed up car. I had to sit in the front seat with it pushed forward so that that frog could fit in the back seat with all the other holiday junk lolol Oh plus MMelb squeezed into the corner of the backseat lol

By the way ikkibrady did you see our log for getting this frog??? lol http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga4018

GJMMelb

ikkibrady

Post by ikkibrady » 22 January 12 9:15 am

I did quite enjoy reading the log and was very happy it's now moving again. Still one of my favorite moveable in
General let alone frog