2012 Goals

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
calumphing_four
1600 or more caches found
1600 or more caches found

2012 Goals

Post by calumphing_four » 03 January 12 9:57 am

Just wondering whether others set caching goals for the year ahead :?:
My goal for this year is to complete my Caching Calendar Grid, and with a hole today, I'd better head out and grab at least one. :)
Cheers 8)

noikmeister
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Re: 2012 Goals

Post by noikmeister » 03 January 12 10:10 am

Caching calendar is a good one for this year as it is a leap year. Mine is the calendar too, as well as trying to knock off a particularlly challenging cache in Canberra.

These are basically the same as last year since I didn't manage either of them last year!

RebornCyclist
1850 or more caches found
1850 or more caches found

Post by RebornCyclist » 03 January 12 11:16 am

1. I'm going to try and be consistent about finishing my calendar as well - I have about 90 days left, so roughly 1 in 4.

2. Getting every unknown/mystery cache in Tassie (including GCA) - 6 to go:
1 is a "collect the numbers" from a series
1 is solved, but I DNFed it and it's almost certainly missing
2 are solved, but I DNFed them and they're still there
1 is solved and I need equipment to get there (sorting that now)
1 is on the Spirit of Tasmania so I need a trip, and hope I get the right boat!

3. Trips to Victoria and the ACT to collect some of the 260 puzzles I've solved.

4. Going after siriusTas's Devil's Gauntlet series.

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 03 January 12 1:50 pm

I've resolved to do nothing but GCA caches for at least the next 6 months. (GC Events excluded)

easily a doable thing in Tassie, there's just on 400 GCA physical caches I haven't done yet.

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 04 January 12 9:24 am

Have been filling in the calendar since about June last year so will continue. Biggest drought starts tomorrow with 6 days without a GC find so I'll be busy. It's getting harder as it's about a 25 minute drive to any traditional cache (a few new ones have popped up recently that are closer though) and some tricky multis at the fringes.

Would like to make some more progress through the JASMER challenge. Can't complete it without an overseas trip for caches placed in 2000 though.

Will continue to clean up any cache within 12km of home no matter how appalling a soggy pile of Post-it notes in a mint tin it is! Outside that though I want to concentrate on the great and the good. Having done such remarkable caches such as The Final Cut, Dark Side of the Moon, Royal Hotel (in Orange), The Qrubicle I'd like to continue down that path and not just save them for milestones. Daylight here we come!

Keen to keep doing the puzzles as well. There seem to be plenty of them.

Also want to clear my 10km radius in my other caching home, Townsville. Have only a few left there.

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 04 January 12 7:16 pm

No goals - Just keep caching, just keep caching, just keep caaaaaaching!! :mrgreen:

I have no desire to purposely fill specific days bar the 29th of Feb, I prefer to see if I can fill them all in inadvertently, as I go.
I feel that's a better gauge of my caching history and behaviour.

wileyclan
2150 or more geocaches found
2150 or more geocaches found

Post by wileyclan » 04 January 12 7:39 pm

My first goal for this year is to decide on which cache I am going to log as my 1000th overall and then my 1000th GC. At the moment, the 1000th overall is creeping closer and closer as those frogs keep appearing in my area!

Second goal is to change out my nanos/micros where I can to something larger. Not that I dislike nanos/micros at all, in fact, I quite like nanos. I find them a challenge and sometimes there is no other container that will fit in place to highlight a particular feature. Hence why my goal is to change them out where I can.

Third goal? Well that would probably be to create a 5/5 here in Perth. I have been saying I would do so for a while, and in fact have most of the stuff I need. Still fine tuning the puzzle, which will probably annoy some people - but hey, how many ways are there to create a 5 star difficulty cache? I am no good at camoflague, so that only leaves puzzling. Terrain over here is generally flat, so to achieve 5 stars, people are going to get wet - and I'm not talking just their toes! So, now that I have written it down, I guess I had better really try and do something about it. I have a year, right?

Cheers 8)

Gypsy Roaming
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Gypsy Roaming » 05 January 12 2:33 am

The only goal I have this year is to find those pesky nano caches which have defeated me so far. ](*,)

Team Pathfinder
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found

Post by Team Pathfinder » 05 January 12 10:34 am

OZ MEGA!!!!

Make Oz Mega our 2000th cache! Highly unlikely given that we will only have days between leaving Karratha and reaching the Mega site most of which will be spent travelling down the NW Coastal Hwy (all our caches) and across the Nullabor (already found them last time).

TwoDrews
400 or more spectacular views seen
Twitter: _macca_

Post by TwoDrews » 05 January 12 7:42 pm

My goals for this year are:

- fill in my calendar, but with only 88 days done so far it's probably going to take me until 2013 to finish.

- thoroughly explore and complete the caches in my new home town of Bendigo with an eye to...

- placing a few caches of my own around town to stir up the locals! :lol:

lemmykc
2500 or more caches found

Post by lemmykc » 11 January 12 11:59 am

One of my goals this year is to find all caches in or around Melbourne with 7 or more favourite points. Now, if I ever go out caching in a new territory, I ditch the ones with no favourite points and focus on the ones with at least 2 or 3 (as they have potential to get up to 7). I have found this to be much much better than just finding the simple box under the bush in a small suburban park. I have now found exactly 177 caches with 7 or more favourite points and all are much better than the rest. I seriously recommend other people do the same challenge, it is very fun and exciting to see the great caches out there.

Happy Chappies
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by Happy Chappies » 11 January 12 12:25 pm

lemmykc wrote:One of my goals this year is to find all caches in or around Melbourne with 7 or more favourite points. Now, if I ever go out caching in a new territory, I ditch the ones with no favourite points and focus on the ones with at least 2 or 3 (as they have potential to get up to 7). I have found this to be much much better than just finding the simple box under the bush in a small suburban park. I have now found exactly 177 caches with 7 or more favourite points and all are much better than the rest. I seriously recommend other people do the same challenge, it is very fun and exciting to see the great caches out there.
I noticed your little bookmark list of such caches :D Was quite interesting reading!

lemmykc

Post by lemmykc » 11 January 12 12:36 pm

Happy Chappies wrote:
lemmykc wrote:One of my goals this year is to find all caches in or around Melbourne with 7 or more favourite points. Now, if I ever go out caching in a new territory, I ditch the ones with no favourite points and focus on the ones with at least 2 or 3 (as they have potential to get up to 7). I have found this to be much much better than just finding the simple box under the bush in a small suburban park. I have now found exactly 177 caches with 7 or more favourite points and all are much better than the rest. I seriously recommend other people do the same challenge, it is very fun and exciting to see the great caches out there.
I noticed your little bookmark list of such caches :D Was quite interesting reading!
Yes, people may say that it is a pointless list but I actually wrote a little blurb on each cache (of course, no SPOILERS though). The real reason behind the list is to make a PQ out of it and then view it on the BETA maps. I thought I may as well make it a public list though as people should have no shame in seeing their caches on the list!

Renroc
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by Renroc » 11 January 12 7:34 pm

I have just reached 400 combined. I plan to reach 400 GC this year and am trying to make it to 500.
I plan to cache on the leap year day so hope there are a few new caches around for that as it is a school day and I won't get away till after school. (teacher)
I hope to hide a few more caches too.
I hope to convert at least 1 muggle this year as well. Have not yet picked a victim though.

TwoDrews
Twitter: _macca_

Post by TwoDrews » 11 January 12 8:29 pm

Renroc wrote:I hope to convert at least 1 muggle this year as well. Have not yet picked a victim though.
That's a good goal. If we all did that the sport would stay healthy.

I've got a target selected. He knows about caching and is sort-of interested. And last week he said he'd like to come out caching with me to "see what it's all about".

He's so close to being on the hook... :lol: