2012 Goals

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Sol de Lune
Posts: 1829
Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Location: Wright ACT

Re: 2012 Goals

Post by Sol de Lune » 11 January 12 9:23 pm

To not only fill in my calendar for the year (6 days to go, although 29 Feb is not one of them) but to also convert all my days of only one find (of which there are 56) to at least 3..... That wont be easy, but that's what goals are for.........

juc_cacher
Posts: 129
Joined: 01 January 10 10:23 pm
Location: Jan Juc
Contact:

Re: 2012 Goals

Post by juc_cacher » 11 January 12 10:52 pm

My goal is really just have enough time to to cache more often ! Oh...and hide a few more as well. Surfcoast needs more caches.

User avatar
rogerw3
7000 or more caches found
7000 or more caches found
Posts: 678
Joined: 26 July 09 11:11 am
Location: Lithgow, Central Tablelands, NSW

Re: 2012 Goals

Post by rogerw3 » 11 January 12 11:07 pm

:twisted:

Not much of a plan for this year, only to find Trig number 450. Not sure I can make it as I will need over 100 and there are not that many within public transport reach!\
But an unrealistic goal is better than none. beside that I plan on ignoring as many micros and nanos as I can.

[-(

juc_cacher
Posts: 129
Joined: 01 January 10 10:23 pm
Location: Jan Juc
Contact:

Re: 2012 Goals

Post by juc_cacher » 19 January 12 9:45 pm

I have added a goal, which is to log a cache (or more) on Feb 29. GS are having a push to double the number of individual cachers logging a found cache on Feb 29 compared with the last one 4 years ago.

Moneydork
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found
Posts: 73
Joined: 01 November 04 8:06 pm
Location: Berri, South Australia

Re: 2012 Goals

Post by Moneydork » 20 January 12 11:40 pm

Cache Calendar (only three days to go)
OZ MEGA
NZ MEGA
Get to 15,000 cache finds.

Xixau
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen
Posts: 175
Joined: 06 February 04 6:27 pm
Location: Brisbane, Queensland

Re: 2012 Goals

Post by Xixau » 29 January 12 4:14 pm

My ambitious goal for 2012 is to try to reach 500 caches for our 10th year caching aniversary!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

growingupisoptional
Posts: 12
Joined: 16 September 06 11:35 am
Location: Ngunnawal, ACT

Re: 2012 Goals

Post by growingupisoptional » 04 February 12 5:39 am

With the caching bug biting us hard for 2012 I have a huge list of goals for the year.

1000, 200, 100, 2, 12, montana, geotalk.

Find 1000 caches in this calendar year. We made 908 in 2009 but want to crack the big one. hey it's only 2.75 a day ;-)
Find 200 in a 24hour period. Been meaning to do this for ages but keep piking after only 16 hours.
Have 100 placed caches, have a few to archive first and clean up and need them all to be maintained.
Introduce two new geocaching family's that stay with the sport.
Find an FTF every month of the year.
Fiddle the family budget to be able to get a Montana. Hey everyone else seems to have one.
Introduce more people to the Geotalk podcast.

Think that'll do it. We are in some area's a little behind and some we are in front.
It's going to be fun trying any way.

User avatar
Bronnie_1990
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found
Posts: 681
Joined: 21 September 10 4:20 pm
Twitter: bronnie1990
Location: Tuggeranong, Canberra.

Re: 2012 Goals

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 04 February 12 6:46 am

make it to some milestone involving 4 numbers... :D

(I just ticked off the "Get better gps")

User avatar
noikmeister
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found
Posts: 1200
Joined: 10 July 09 12:29 pm
Location: Canberra

Re: 2012 Goals

Post by noikmeister » 04 February 12 7:30 am

growingupisoptional wrote: Find 200 in a 24hour period. Been meaning to do this for ages but keep piking after only 16 hours.
check out the woodlands 100 series near Melbourne airport. that ought to get you started.

User avatar
quiet1_au
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found
Posts: 338
Joined: 24 April 10 1:26 pm
Location: Box Hill South

Re: 2012 Goals

Post by quiet1_au » 04 February 12 8:21 am

noikmeister wrote:
growingupisoptional wrote: Find 200 in a 24hour period. Been meaning to do this for ages but keep piking after only 16 hours.
check out the woodlands 100 series near Melbourne airport. that ought to get you started.
That would have taken me about 12 hours on foot (11 for the 81 available at the time) but where to get the other 100 in the remaining time? Can 200 be actually achieved?

User avatar
noikmeister
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found
Posts: 1200
Joined: 10 July 09 12:29 pm
Location: Canberra

Re: 2012 Goals

Post by noikmeister » 04 February 12 8:35 am

quiet1_au wrote:
noikmeister wrote:
growingupisoptional wrote: Find 200 in a 24hour period. Been meaning to do this for ages but keep piking after only 16 hours.
check out the woodlands 100 series near Melbourne airport. that ought to get you started.
That would have taken me about 12 hours on foot (11 for the 81 available at the time) but where to get the other 100 in the remaining time? Can 200 be actually achieved?
More in fact. I think the current record is around 220 ish

juc_cacher
Posts: 129
Joined: 01 January 10 10:23 pm
Location: Jan Juc
Contact:

Re: 2012 Goals

Post by juc_cacher » 04 February 12 9:21 am

I would like to release a trackable that survives longer than 3 hops and a few hundred km before vanishing from the face of the earth and which actually gets some photos attached to its log.

Oh..hang on...were these supposed to be achievable goals ? Oh..well..never mind me then.... :shock: :shock:

User avatar
calumphing_four
1600 or more caches found
1600 or more caches found
Posts: 591
Joined: 29 October 06 2:51 pm
Location: Kidman Park

Re: 2012 Goals

Post by calumphing_four » 04 February 12 7:04 pm

noikmeister wrote:
quiet1_au wrote:
noikmeister wrote:
growingupisoptional wrote: Find 200 in a 24hour period. Been meaning to do this for ages but keep piking after only 16 hours.
check out the woodlands 100 series near Melbourne airport. that ought to get you started.
That would have taken me about 12 hours on foot (11 for the 81 available at the time) but where to get the other 100 in the remaining time? Can 200 be actually achieved?
More in fact. I think the current record is around 220 ish
Come to Adelaide and have a day drive in Country.
You could knock off the Wandering Heroes and Prime Minister Series and a few drive bys inbetween Tailem Bend and Two Wells.
Cheers 8)

Earthbound Chief
8500 or more caches found
8500 or more caches found
Posts: 116
Joined: 16 July 09 11:50 pm
Location: Parkdale

Re: 2012 Goals

Post by Earthbound Chief » 05 February 12 12:24 am

Come to Adelaide and have a day drive in Country.
You could knock off the Wandering Heroes and Prime Minister Series and a few drive bys inbetween Tailem Bend and Two Wells.
Cheers
The Walenators and I did just that on Jan 6 and without any planning attempted Wandering Heroes (and a few others ) and managed 154 finds, 3 dnf's and 1 unattempted in 13 hours- which included a hour late lunch break in Karoonda. . A couple of days later we did Prime Ministers and Nexus trail and a few others for 110 in about 8 hours. After both days we were stuffed AND realising that if only we had planned it better we could have achieved all and probably more in a concerted effort over 24 hours.
However I stand in absolute awe of MV's efforts, solo, in achieving his plus 200 record =D> =D> - that will be tough to beat =D> =D>

User avatar
quiet1_au
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found
Posts: 338
Joined: 24 April 10 1:26 pm
Location: Box Hill South

Re: 2012 Goals

Post by quiet1_au » 05 February 12 12:29 pm

calumphing_four wrote:
noikmeister wrote:
quiet1_au wrote:
noikmeister wrote:
growingupisoptional wrote: Find 200 in a 24hour period. Been meaning to do this for ages but keep piking after only 16 hours.
check out the woodlands 100 series near Melbourne airport. that ought to get you started.
That would have taken me about 12 hours on foot (11 for the 81 available at the time) but where to get the other 100 in the remaining time? Can 200 be actually achieved?
More in fact. I think the current record is around 220 ish
Come to Adelaide and have a day drive in Country.
You could knock off the Wandering Heroes and Prime Minister Series and a few drive bys inbetween Tailem Bend and Two Wells.
Cheers 8)

Cool!

A friend in Florida was asking about geocaching and thought there were none in town. Whilst checking that out (I knew it wouldn't be true) I noticed a big T shaped powertrail of 150ish along the road heading out east from there. Unfortunately I don't think she gets why we do this (perhaps someone can explain it to me sometime too! :P) So yep if you have enough caches close together in powertrails and the like it could be done :-) In the case of Woodlands 100 - I know the 100 can be done no problem but I was struggling to think where you could get the other 100 in quick time with low risk of long searchs/DNFs that was all.

Post Reply