Frog Blindness Support Group

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
User avatar
lemmykc
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found
Posts: 328
Joined: 29 August 10 1:36 pm
Location: Hampton, Victoria, Australia

Re: Frog Blindness Support Group

Post by lemmykc » 15 December 11 7:59 am

DG Tas wrote:Loving these frogs..but......in this day and age of smart phones....can people please log a find ASAP?? Even if it is just one word, and update with a further story later. I do it within a few minutes of picking up as I know how frustrating it is. I know some will say that is part of the fun, sure, sure I dont mind sometimes either when I have the time but......when I have spare time on my lunchbreak and want to dash out and drive 15 min to GZ, search for about another 15 before the trip back, only to return and find that somebody had picked it up on the way to work and logged at lunchtime. :frogette It would not worry me at all if I had got there 30mins after a find, now thats ok :D

Not Growling, just venting after a wasted lunch time! ](*,)
Maybe a good solution to this would be to make a few (well, more than a few...) laminated cards saying that this Frog has already been taken and leaving them in the exact spots you find the Frogs. It wont help you if you have gone to the Frog thinking it is there, but it would be polite to prevent a long search. [-o<

User avatar
Cheesy pigs
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found
Posts: 1738
Joined: 02 June 05 6:51 pm
Location: Kingston

Re: Frog Blindness Support Group

Post by Cheesy pigs » 15 December 11 8:09 am

lemmykc wrote:Maybe a good solution to this would be to make a few (well, more than a few...) laminated cards saying that this Frog has already been taken and leaving them in the exact spots you find the Frogs. It wont help you if you have gone to the Frog thinking it is there, but it would be polite to prevent a long search. [-o<
Based on the first week or so here in Tasmania I myself would have needed a full playing deck of laminated cards ;)

Online
User avatar
caughtatwork
Posts: 16182
Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Frog Blindness Support Group

Post by caughtatwork » 15 December 11 8:30 am

Laminated cards remain behind as rubbish and are not in the ethos of geocaching according to the Geocachers Creed.

If you really want to help the next seeker know that the frog has been taken, try those little round dot stickers.

Image

They're small. They will biodegrade. They are a visual indication without being obtrusive.

User avatar
rogerw3
7000 or more caches found
7000 or more caches found
Posts: 678
Joined: 26 July 09 11:11 am
Location: Lithgow, Central Tablelands, NSW

Re: Frog Blindness Support Group

Post by rogerw3 » 15 December 11 10:22 am

:frog :D

If you feel bad that you have just missed out on a Frog, spare a thought for those of us who use public transport only and have a 3 hour train journey to the big smoke only to be beaten to the punch, too many times to think about.
And no I don't have a smart phone, I can't afford it, pensions only go so far!

But it is still a great seal of fun!

\:D/ :frogette

User avatar
SamCarter
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found
Posts: 650
Joined: 13 March 07 10:32 am
Location: Hobart

Re: Frog Blindness Support Group

Post by SamCarter » 15 December 11 12:15 pm

caughtatwork wrote: If you really want to help the next seeker know that the frog has been taken, try those little round dot stickers.

They're small. They will biodegrade. They are a visual indication without being obtrusive.
And you can write "Froggone" on them: which is both informative to the thwarted seeker, and gives them an exclamation of frustration to use.

User avatar
blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found
Posts: 1588
Joined: 25 February 09 1:59 pm
Location: West Ryde

Re: Frog Blindness Support Group

Post by blossom* » 15 December 11 8:39 pm

SamCarter wrote:
caughtatwork wrote: If you really want to help the next seeker know that the frog has been taken, try those little round dot stickers.

They're small. They will biodegrade. They are a visual indication without being obtrusive.
And you can write "Froggone" on them: which is both informative to the thwarted seeker, and gives them an exclamation of frustration to use.
Last year, I got a whole lot of leaves and wrote "gnapped by blossom* "on them and stuck them on a stick to make a little flag in the gnome spot. It was fun, but this year I'd need too many - there are so many froggies everywhere!!

nutwood
Posts: 393
Joined: 01 April 11 6:02 pm
Location: Tasmania

Re: Frog Blindness Support Group

Post by nutwood » 15 December 11 9:23 pm

blossom* wrote: Last year, I got a whole lot of leaves and wrote "gnapped by blossom* "on them and stuck them on a stick to make a little flag in the gnome spot. It was fun, but this year I'd need too many - there are so many froggies everywhere!!
Now there's an idea. We had a dozen frogs appear within striking range today and restrained for six hours, simply because we knew we couldn't log them until late afternoon. A dozen leaves with "froggone" on them would be easy in comparison!
The story had a happy ending anyway because all other Launceston froggers appear to be in an enchanted sleep. Thirteen frogs, two of them right in town, moved on the fourteenth, still there the following afternoon!! Last week a hand was reaching out as you put them down!

User avatar
CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Posts: 6970
Joined: 23 August 04 3:17 pm
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat
Location: Launceston, TAS
Contact:

Re: Frog Blindness Support Group

Post by CraigRat » 15 December 11 9:42 pm

Hopefully I'll be back in the game tomorrow evening to move some frogs, nutwood!
(been looking after all three kids this week while the wife does her end of year school stuff.... youngest is just too damn small to take with us on a frog hunt!)

The mother in law is up too over the weekend and I'll be looking for excuses to get out of the house!

User avatar
Black Bunny
Posts: 346
Joined: 06 September 09 8:02 pm
Location: Canberra

Re: Frog Blindness Support Group

Post by Black Bunny » 16 December 11 7:09 am

CraigRat wrote:The mother in law is up too over the weekend and I'll be looking for excuses to get out of the house!

+1 that

User avatar
blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found
Posts: 1588
Joined: 25 February 09 1:59 pm
Location: West Ryde

Re: Frog Blindness Support Group

Post by blossom* » 17 December 11 9:16 am

Well, 2 current topics have just merged when I went out this morning to find 2 of Yurt's DNFs at North Ryde. I had no trouble at all and can only conclude that Yurt was having a Boys Look :lol: :frogette

Although I must admit that there were slightly corrected co-ords for one of the hides so it's possible that one of the DNFs was the resuklt of a Boy's Hide :-"

User avatar
Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
Posts: 1509
Joined: 01 May 09 10:08 pm
Location: Northern Suburbs, Sydney

Re: Frog Blindness Support Group

Post by Yurt » 17 December 11 9:31 am

blossom* wrote:Well, 2 current topics have just merged when I went out this morning to find 2 of Yurt's DNFs at North Ryde. I had no trouble at all and can only conclude that Yurt was having a Boys Look :lol: :frogette

Although I must admit that there were slightly corrected co-ords for one of the hides so it's possible that one of the DNFs was the resuklt of a Boy's Hide :-"
I'm sure Saturday morning was a better time to look than Friday lunch time in an office park!
And one was well off the coords, the other was likely to get me arrested if I was to hang around! :frogette :twisted: :frog

User avatar
gmj3191
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found
Posts: 1314
Joined: 22 April 03 12:37 am
Location: Sandringham, Vic Garmin Oregon 650

Re: Frog Blindness Support Group

Post by gmj3191 » 18 December 11 11:02 am

blossom* wrote:Well, 2 current topics have just merged when I went out this morning to find 2 of Yurt's DNFs at North Ryde. I had no trouble at all and can only conclude that Yurt was having a Boys Look :lol: :frogette

Although I must admit that there were slightly corrected co-ords for one of the hides so it's possible that one of the DNFs was the resuklt of a Boy's Hide :-"
!!!! This forum needs some form of moderation .....

Online
User avatar
caughtatwork
Posts: 16182
Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Frog Blindness Support Group

Post by caughtatwork » 18 December 11 1:18 pm

We do do some form of moderation. Poor form.

User avatar
blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found
Posts: 1588
Joined: 25 February 09 1:59 pm
Location: West Ryde

Re: Frog Blindness Support Group

Post by blossom* » 18 December 11 5:50 pm

caughtatwork wrote:We do do some form of moderation. Poor form.
and from that, I can only assume that "caughtatwork" is a caching name of a BOY! :-" :frogette

User avatar
pjmpjm
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found
Posts: 864
Joined: 09 April 10 12:35 am
Twitter: Booroobin
Location: Blue Mountains
Contact:

Re: Frog Blindness Moderated Opinion Forum

Post by pjmpjm » 18 December 11 7:52 pm

blossom* wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:We do do some form of moderation. Poor form.
and from that, I can only assume that "caughtatwork" is a caching name of a BOY! :-" :frogette
This is getting better and better!

Post Reply