Stashnote anonymity

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
The Spindoctors

Re: Stashnote anonymity

Post by The Spindoctors » 27 November 11 2:59 pm

We include name, email address and mobile number. Makes sense.

Ministro

Post by Ministro » 27 November 11 5:32 pm

TwoDrews wrote:
Hoojar wrote:I'm curious as to why you are so open with a telephone number in a cache, and yet choose to hide it when posting it onto the forum?
Because only a thousand or so of my fellow cachers will see the phone number in my caches (if they look for it), whereas the forum is available to the whole world. I already get enough unsolicited calls on my home phone, I don't need them on my mobile too.
It's on your profile anyway...

Mine is on my profile and on my stash notes as well.

(Oops wrong account you get the idea anyway)

TwoDrews
400 or more spectacular views seen
Twitter: _macca_

Post by TwoDrews » 27 November 11 7:46 pm

Ministro wrote:It's on your profile anyway...
Yeah, it is, but to see my profile you need to be logged in. And web bots can't see my profile phone number so it's hidden from the general population.

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 27 November 11 10:48 pm

I have thought about it, but.....
1. I am lazy
2. it requires fiddling with images and programs to create these things
3. most of mine are highly unlikely a muggle will find then as they are urban ones but I DO have a stash not in my newest one which is horribly obvious and draws attention to itself and needs an explaination, but it doesn't have my personal details on it.(but I got council permission for it and they registered it on the council arts register for protection..... does that count for anything?)
4. My Ph. No is on my profile..... but as you say, how will they find it.......??

noikmeister
5000 or more caches found

Post by noikmeister » 28 November 11 6:39 am

MtnLioness wrote:I have thought about it, but.....
1. I am lazy
2. it requires fiddling with images and programs to create these things
3. most of mine are highly unlikely a muggle will find then as they are urban ones but I DO have a stash not in my newest one which is horribly obvious and draws attention to itself and needs an explaination, but it doesn't have my personal details on it.(but I got council permission for it and they registered it on the council arts register for protection..... does that count for anything?)
4. My Ph. No is on my profile..... but as you say, how will they find it.......??
Actually it just requires MS word to take the standard stashnote you can download from GC and add your phone number and email address.

MtnLioness

Post by MtnLioness » 28 November 11 10:50 pm

Yeah, maybe, but then I have to resize it to fit my current container and stuff around, as I said, I am lazy.

TwoDrews

Post by TwoDrews » 28 November 11 11:05 pm

MtnLioness wrote:Yeah, maybe, but then I have to resize it to fit my current container and stuff around, as I said, I am lazy.
And you seem to be exceptionally proud of your laziness...

covert
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by covert » 28 November 11 11:15 pm

TwoDrews wrote:
MtnLioness wrote:Yeah, maybe, but then I have to resize it to fit my current container and stuff around, as I said, I am lazy.
And you seem to be exceptionally proud of your laziness...
Just how do you get "exceptionally proud" out of that ?

MtnLioness

Post by MtnLioness » 28 November 11 11:20 pm

No, I just couldn't be bothered sometimes.
I know my flaws.
Not proud, just can admit them.

I DID however make an effort and make some suitable stash notes for the Gnomes I entered but it took me days.
I'm just not efficient at such things.

TwoDrews

Post by TwoDrews » 28 November 11 11:42 pm

MtnLioness wrote:I DID however make an effort and make some suitable stash notes for the Gnomes I entered but it took me days. I'm just not efficient at such things.
Okay, can I help? I have the tools, and I can give you some files that you just print out with your name and phone number on them. I'm only too happy to help...

MtnLioness

Post by MtnLioness » 29 November 11 12:32 am

For my Frogs, 1 of them happily took a small notebook which I just wrote in but the other smaller frog, I had to cut the waterproof paper down to an exact size and just wrote on that, couldn't have printed on that one, way too small. My nano pen and handwriting are suitably small enough.
BUT, for future caches, I wouldn't mind a few strips of stash note accompaniments.
Problem is, everything I do is different....
and laminating a stash note is sometimes a nuisance cos it won't bend and ya can't print on waterproof paper (which I use a lot cos plastic bags are useless).... this is my problem. :stabby

If you CAN help, I would be ever so grateful but I don't expect you to..... :? :) 8-[

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 29 November 11 4:34 am

I like playing with Photoshop and always make pretty custom labels for my caches and logbooks / sheets... which often work as Stash Note to.

I dont put my real name, but Zalgariath, Email and Mobile are there...

Hmmm... wonder how many messages I will have on my Aussie mobile when I turn it back on in a few weeks?! hehe

noikmeister

Post by noikmeister » 29 November 11 6:34 am

The easiest way to "resize" a stash note is to print it out and select multiple pages per sheet when you do it. For example, if the stash note is 1 A4 page and you want it to be 1/4 the size of that the select 4 pages per sheet when you print it out.

That being said, when you print it out that small it tends to be a bit hard to read, so I just made the font bigger so it spreads over two full pages and then I just cut them out and laminate them back to back. This takes a small amount of work, but you only have to do it once.

If the container is too small to fit a laminated stash note I have some log sheets (the eclipse tin size) which have the stash note on the top half of the first log page. You print out a whole page, cut them out and staple together and you are done.

blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 29 November 11 8:21 am

Zalgariath wrote: Hmmm... wonder how many messages I will have on my Aussie mobile when I turn it back on in a few weeks?! hehe
I could arrange a few Zal :twisted: