Australian Power Trails

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Tuena
6500 or more caches found

Re: Australian Power Trails

Post by Tuena » 25 March 13 11:47 am

Good examples of a series would be Wollongong suburbs by Hoojar, Chip & Ding & Kiama suburbs by Wilbert67.

Having to bend down every 161 metres on a PT would do me in. Most are micros so not on my PQs. Laid up at the moment with back pain so exercised my brain yesterday & worked out the easy Unknown caches of Ozfiresafe - they're micros too so just something to do. If you want the co-ords send me some dessert. Sorry. :)

VikingOlly
Twitter: Vikingolly

Post by VikingOlly » 14 April 13 10:03 pm

If 10 caches maketh a power trail, we did two PT's today before noon. One of 11, and another of 18. That also means that there are at least four I can think of in the ACT alone. Now a real power trail has a lot more than 10, and can be done sequentially walking, biking or driving. Doing our first 150 on the ET Trail in Nevanda was a HOOT. Bring them on, but lets make them at least 20 caches. IMHO

Hoojar
5000 or more caches found

Post by Hoojar » 15 April 13 10:28 am

Tuena wrote:Good examples of a series would be Wollongong suburbs by Hoojar, Chip & Ding
Only 11 more to go and it is finished!

Then onto my next 'Series' :lol: It has about 25 at last count I think :D

Do our 'In Extremis' caches count as a series?

Big Matt and Shell
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 15 April 13 1:18 pm

Hoojar wrote:Do our 'In Extremis' caches count as a series?
Either that or it's a mean (not so)power trail. Has anyone done it in a single trip? I've done a few at a time but never more than 2 or 3 I think.

Toriaz
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by Toriaz » 15 April 13 8:43 pm

mtrax wrote:Lets call less than 20 a "series" and 20 or more a power trail...
I would call my 22 puzzled hearts caches a series, not a power trail. On the map they look like they are all close together, but after you solve the puzzles, you find they are not :D

Hoojar

Post by Hoojar » 16 April 13 10:53 am

Big Matt and Shell wrote:
Hoojar wrote:Do our 'In Extremis' caches count as a series?
Either that or it's a mean (not so)power trail. Has anyone done it in a single trip? I've done a few at a time but never more than 2 or 3 I think.
I think five in a trip is the record, hit by several teams. It is normal Hume, Federal, Kings, Captains Flat then Princes.

Happy Chappies
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by Happy Chappies » 04 June 13 12:05 pm

A little thought on making a good powertrail (Hmm... I just wrote 'good' and 'powertrail' in the same sentence :-$ )

If you're going to put one out, first build it, test it, get it all sorted, and THEN launch it. There's one near me which has been released in dribs and drabs over the last few months and (whether just due to the OCD, retentive part of me) it's annoying me to bits. Caches get released in a semi-random order, caches aren't numbered sequentially, and then after you do a few of them a puzzle cache gets released as part of the trail which then requires you to go back and find numbers in the caches you've already found... #-o

If only it weren't so close to home and demanding a clear-out (There's that OCD part of me again!)

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 04 June 13 4:56 pm

On that front there's an endless trail in Townsville that keeps on getting longer. At some stage another caching team I'd never heard of took it over with all the same wording on the cache pages when they added new ones. What was annoying recently was that I was picking the new ones up in dribs and drabs when I started seeing mysterious digits written inside the lids. I was thinking at the time it might be a guide for the placers but of course a puzzle was released later telling you to collect the numbers from part of the series! Would have been nice to know when I was finding those caches! I would have taken more notice of them.