New Caching Terms

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Rabbitto
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Rabbitto » 29 October 04 7:35 pm

Mugglican Stand Off - Two teams of geocachers arrive at a cache site from different directions at the same time. They both start to pretend that they have no interest in being there in the hope that the other people will go away. Can last hours. An especially fun show for a third party who is aware of the big picture.<p>

Decoy Caching - Method of fnding a cache in a heavily populated area. Instead of suspiciously and obviously sneaking around, a large cache bag of goodies is taken to the cache site and unloaded onto the floor. A very open act of looking for something lost within the things on the floor, cleverly disguises the cache hunt.<p>

Cachemobile - Vehicles used to transport geocachers to cache sites. Holds great status in geocaching circles.<p>

Cachemobile Envy - The knowledge that your Cachemobile is not as good as at least one other Geocachers. Sure, you can get that abseil cache without getting out of the car but it's still not watertight to 50m like the "___"ers. Reference Point - any of the 50 or so threads dedicated to this topic.<p>

Cachemobile Satisfaction - The knowledge that your Cachemobile is better than Rabbitto's Magna.<p>

Gigametre - The distance Maccamob need to travel to get to the only 10 caches in Australia that they haven't yet found.<p>

The Unworthy - Anyone not the Maccamob (who even with the knowledge of the Gigametre factor, still managed to clock over 100 finds during October.<p>

Posspet Boys
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by Posspet Boys » 29 October 04 7:41 pm

That makes me very Unworthy. I just can't keep up with such great competition.
Last edited by Posspet Boys on 29 October 04 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 29 October 04 8:08 pm

Toyed Up: Having all of the necessary equipment packed and ready to go. Toys such as Laptop, GPSr, PDA, Camera, etc.
Usage: Are we all Toyed Up? Cool, let's go.

The Merry Go Round: Continually walking around a cache location, following the path, getting no closer than 200 meters to the cache and realising you are back where you started.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 30 October 04 12:20 am

> Gigametre - The distance Maccamob need to travel to get to
> the only 10 caches in Australia that they haven't yet found.

Love it. Wish I was retired and could spend that time hitting every cache in the country :-) And having met them, good luck to them.

Oh well, another 20 years I will be doing it. As long as I win Lotto first to pay for it!!!

Dreams live, will keep hitting them when I travel and one day might get 500.

traineediplomat

Post by traineediplomat » 30 October 04 12:35 pm

Centa-cache Joy (CC Joy) [/color] : The thrill of arriving at your 100th cache...then realising that the maccamob has 1,440.

ideology

Post by ideology » 01 November 04 5:11 pm

geozumped - when you've laid out your next fabulous brain-bending multi-cache adventure and return home to find that someone has just announced a cache right in the middle of yours!

embi
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by embi » 01 November 04 7:25 pm

ideology wrote:geozumped - when you've laid out your next fabulous brain-bending multi-cache adventure and return home to find that someone has just announced a cache right in the middle of yours!
Geodumped - When embi thinks your "fabulous brain-bending multi-cache adventure" is better than the offending cache and archives it for you :)

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 01 November 04 7:55 pm

ideology wrote:geozumped - when you've laid out your next fabulous brain-bending multi-cache adventure and return home to find that someone has just announced a cache right in the middle of yours!
Now that sounds VERY familar.....

Geof
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Geof » 01 November 04 8:23 pm

Cito Reboot: When your so one track minded you can't see the cache for looking. You then quit, do a bit of cito then find the cache straight off were you thought you looked before.

rav 4 raiders
550 or more Caches found
550 or more Caches found

Post by rav 4 raiders » 06 November 04 6:09 pm

The Lunch Box - What muggles (generally our friends and family) have taken to calling the cache container situated at GZ! Generally used in phrases like "Oi! Your lunch box thingy is over here under this tree!!"

The S's
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Post by The S's » 07 November 04 6:56 pm

Don't forget about the GeoInjury: Generally consisting of a sprained ankle from falling in a hole whilst walking and trying to read the GPS at the same time.

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 07 November 04 8:45 pm

Calamusolatry: the worship of the arrow.
"The Arrow knows the way. Follow the Arrow. The Arrow is your friend."

Horus
Totally Clueless(tm)

Post by Horus » 10 November 04 7:59 pm

GeoCringe - the inescapable feeling you get when you suddenly realise you are a grown male that has been skulking around the same bush for 20 minutes in a park with a playground*.
<p>
*Can also be experienced in other areas, but is generally stronger in a park environment.

madcat
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by madcat » 17 November 04 10:34 pm

Vertical Deception - when you jump out of the car to walk 100m to GZ, then realise there is a mountain 2km high to climb.

dajjct
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by dajjct » 19 November 04 3:50 pm

MuggleLost Cache that's been lost to the muggles.