New England Power Trail?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Hoojar
5000 or more caches found

New England Power Trail?

Post by Hoojar » 15 July 11 9:44 am

Has anyone else noticed the Power Trail that seems to have formed along the New England Highway the NSW/QLD Border? I only noticed it this morning. Has anyone completed it? I think our next trip to Byron Bay might have a detour!!

Tuena
6500 or more caches found

Re: New England Power Trail?

Post by Tuena » 15 July 11 12:17 pm

Yes I've noticed - being an ex resident of Tenterfield (late 60's early 70's) I like to look at what's up that way every now & again. The ones I had a look at are on the Mt Lindsay Highway. Our families used to fossick for topaz & other semi precious stones in creek beds around there. And now there are geocaches to add to the mix.

Big Matt and Shell
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 15 July 11 12:21 pm

I noticed it a few weeks ago as we drove past on the way home from Toowoomba but being 11pm and raining "we" decided that "we" were not stopping.. :mrgreen:

Hoojar

Post by Hoojar » 15 July 11 12:26 pm

Big Matt and Shell wrote:I noticed it a few weeks ago as we drove past on the way home from Toowoomba but being 11pm and raining "we" decided that "we" were not stopping.. :mrgreen:
That sounds like any number of car trips that "we" have too!

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 15 July 11 12:50 pm

Sop making me go hunting to work out what you're talking about :-)
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/gc2tdfc is the start of the trail.
Then head North, http://geocaching.com.au/cache/gc2tdfc.gmap

Tuena

Post by Tuena » 15 July 11 4:23 pm

I see what you mean - I didn't look that far north. I'd still travel up the Lindsay & have a look for the caches along & near that route before heading across to Stanthorpe. I'd be heading to Toowoomba though.

crew 153
9000 or more caches found

Post by crew 153 » 15 July 11 7:41 pm

Just ask all the cachers who attended the Christmas in July Event at Stanthorpe last weekend.

There was a hourd of cachers doing the Fruit Run over the weekend. 38 caches placed by Team Robins kept everybody busy

blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 15 July 11 8:30 pm

Oooo goody, I'm going to Stanthorpe for Easter next year :D

Although I'm not into numbers really...not much anyway....not often, just now and again.....when I have nothing better to obsess about :mrgreen:

crew 153

Post by crew 153 » 15 July 11 8:58 pm

I think the general consensus was that it was great fun to do for the 3-4 hours that it took to find them all but anything longer would become boring.

There is a variety of cache types and hides so that for the most it was easy to remember the finds. If they were all just eclipse containers stuck to power poles or film canisters under pine trees it would have been a drag.

Renroc
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by Renroc » 15 July 11 10:52 pm

crew 153 wrote:I think the general consensus was that it was great fun to do for the 3-4 hours that it took to find them all but anything longer would become boring.

There is a variety of cache types and hides so that for the most it was easy to remember the finds. If they were all just eclipse containers stuck to power poles or film canisters under pine trees it would have been a drag.
General consensus was that it was fun to get them. BUT my opinion is that the middle of July on a cold and frosty Saturday EVENING is NOT the time to go powertrail caching in Stanthorpe. I went with one member of WaldenClan and one of TheBearz and we pulled the pin at 20 as our fingers and toes were beginning to resemble icicles. (We coastal people are obviously not as hardy as those who have spent time in the ranges)

Had a great weekend though and came home with all bar #38...