Munzees!

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
thechops
200 or more found
200 or more found
Twitter: 101geosales

Re: Munzees!

Post by thechops » 19 July 11 10:11 am

Pesky! wrote:OK what am i missing? I have signed in to Munzee.com,and created 2 ready for deployment.
how/where do i find the QR grid to print off. or am i just being a NOOB? ( which is highly likely)
Go to the User page, and click on Undeployed Munzees.
Choose the Munzee you want to print
In the 'Munzee admin details' section, there's a drop down to choose the size you want, and a 'Print Munzee' button

Echo
1800 or more caches found
1800 or more caches found

Post by Echo » 19 July 11 4:04 pm

gmj3191 wrote:I have deployed one in Cheltenham, Vic.
So I noticed... :-$

darth trader
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched
Twitter: darthtrader77

Post by darth trader » 19 July 11 7:47 pm

Zalgariath wrote: Munzees!
interesting.

but that one didn't get me any points?

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 19 July 11 11:22 pm

darth trader wrote:
Zalgariath wrote: Munzees!
interesting.

but that one didn't get me any points?
The one on the webpage doesnt give you points, its there to show you what the game is about ;) You need to find ones in the field for points. Pjm just placed Sydney's first... none on the North Side... yet :twisted:

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 20 July 11 1:49 am

There is none yet in Adelaide.... Hmmmm..... :twisted: :twisted: \:D/

Should I ??

Zal, I may require your design services!

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 20 July 11 2:30 am

MtnLioness wrote:There is none yet in Adelaide.... Hmmmm..... :twisted: :twisted: \:D/

Should I ??

Zal, I may require your design services!
Zalgar's Munzee Templates :D
You need a Munzee account to see the files apparently... but then you need the account to play the game. It's Free!

pjmpjm
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found
Twitter: Booroobin

Re: Munzees! (First in Sydney)

Post by pjmpjm » 20 July 11 3:19 am

Zalgariath wrote: He has put me onto a new thing in caching... Munzees! Basically its just something else to look for in or near the cache, or simply on their own. You get points, there are levels etc A pointless waste of time? Perhaps! But then Im all for the that ;) It revolves around people hiding and finding Munzees using your smart phone to scan QR Codes. you know, these things... )
Just found this Forum thread . . .

Thanks for the tip earlier today, Zal. It was indeed one of the fastest learning curves in my life.

An hour after getting your Facebook message, I deployed the first Munzee in the Sydney area . . .

Am hoping to get one more out tomorrow (Wednesday).

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 20 July 11 4:00 am

And an hour after that, I learn I need to remove half my London ones :evil:

http://www.munzee.com/forums/index.php?topic=682.0

covert
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by covert » 20 July 11 11:57 am

I have updated the coordinates and descriptions on my Munzee's deployed in the Melbourne CBD. They should be findable without a boat now !!

iPhone 4 GPS is not suited for this without some type of averaging.

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 20 July 11 1:24 pm

covert wrote:I have updated the coordinates and descriptions on my Munzee's deployed in the Melbourne CBD. They should be findable without a boat now !!

I found my iPhone4 coords to be very good. But then again I was in a wide open space rather than in a city. Smartphone GPS accuracy will certainly will be a factor in finding munzees. But personally that should be part of the fun.

covert
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by covert » 20 July 11 1:43 pm

fluffyfish wrote:I found my iPhone4 coords to be very good. But then again I was in a wide open space rather than in a city. Smartphone GPS accuracy will certainly will be a factor in finding munzees. But personally that should be part of the fun.
If Munzee catches on you can be sure the large majority will have bad GPS coordinates. I never expected my coordinates to be any good in a urban canyon environment. My Garmin oregon even has trouble around those area's at times.

gmj3191
7500 or more caches found

Post by gmj3191 » 20 July 11 1:52 pm

fluffyfish wrote:
covert wrote:I have updated the coordinates and descriptions on my Munzee's deployed in the Melbourne CBD. They should be findable without a boat now !!

I found my iPhone4 coords to be very good. But then again I was in a wide open space rather than in a city. Smartphone GPS accuracy will certainly will be a factor in finding munzees. But personally that should be part of the fun.
The white button top right on the android version of Munzee shows you how accurate your GPS thinks it is. I've found waiting a few seconds for it to settle on my Desire brings it in from very high numbers down to about 4 m, and they look ok on the map. Guess it depends where you are though, in relation to large obstructions.

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 20 July 11 5:16 pm

covert wrote:
fluffyfish wrote:I found my iPhone4 coords to be very good. But then again I was in a wide open space rather than in a city. Smartphone GPS accuracy will certainly will be a factor in finding munzees. But personally that should be part of the fun.
If Munzee catches on you can be sure the large majority will have bad GPS coordinates. I never expected my coordinates to be any good in a urban canyon environment. My Garmin oregon even has trouble around those area's at times.
I tried to do some caches a year ago in the Melbourne CBD. Yeah, that was a world of hurt with my low end but dedicated caching GPS.

Lucky I live low rise regional centre :)

gmj3191

Post by gmj3191 » 20 July 11 6:23 pm

Got them this afternoon. Things I learned ...
1) The Android app is not very stable. Frequent lock-ups trying to zoom the map in to a usable level.
2) The lack of a navigation function in the app makes them hard to find, and you can't even even get the coords from the phone app to use your GPS.

... but it was fun :D

Also, when deploying Munzees, its pretty pointless using the templates as you just see the QR code, grab it, and you're on your way.
The only time you might want to use a template (which I can think of) is when the Munzee in a very public display situation, like the inside of a window looking out into a public space, and you might want people to look at it and see what it is.