Munzees!

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Re: Munzees!

Post by CraigRat » 15 July 11 7:59 am

tronador wrote:
Ok so my Android phone needs some sort of app??? I take a photo of something???? The app scans it for one of these bar codes????
How does the app. scan the bar code??? :shock: :oops: :oops:
There's a lot of barcode reading apps in the Market - I use one called 'Barcode Scanner' by ZXIng

They will either display text of if the QR code is a link to a website it will ask you if you want to open that link in a browser. You could just write it down for later use.

Hoojar
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by Hoojar » 15 July 11 9:47 am

CraigRat wrote:
tronador wrote:
Ok so my Android phone needs some sort of app??? I take a photo of something???? The app scans it for one of these bar codes????
There's a lot of barcode reading apps in the Market - I use one called 'Barcode Scanner' by ZXIng

They will either display text of if the QR code is a link to a website it will ask you if you want to open that link in a browser. You could just write it down for later use.
You can also just take a photo with Google Goggles, that does the trick!

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 15 July 11 9:51 am

For a munzee you need to be at GZ when you "log" your find, so you will need a data connection.
A standard QR you shouldn't need data connection unless you want to visit the URL immediately.

covert
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by covert » 15 July 11 10:44 am

5 deployed in the Melbourne cbd in a nice walk. If I had some more on me I would of done a lot more. Until I get I a real computer I will not be able to update the descriptions. I will see if I can sneak out the iPad in this meeting :)

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 15 July 11 10:58 am

tronador wrote:
Richary wrote:
tronador wrote:Ok so my Android phone needs some sort of app??? I take a photo of something???? The app scans it for one of these bar codes????
If it's like the iPhone, point the camera at the barcode while the app is running. It will then read the QR code and give you the info or redirect you to a website etc.
So does that mean it needs a data connection to run????
At the moment, yes.

One of the main developments they are working on is "Offline Captures" where as long as you have GPS signal, you should be able to capture (log) the Munzee. Then next time you have data/wifi connection the app will send the info in and update the site. No timeline on this yet ;)

rogerw3
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by rogerw3 » 15 July 11 12:16 pm

:cry:

So I guess this is not for the country cachers in areas where there is no mobile reception!

:x

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 16 July 11 3:38 am

rogerw3 wrote::cry:

So I guess this is not for the country cachers in areas where there is no mobile reception!

:x
Not yet... the blokes on the forums say now within a couple of weeks they hope to have offline deployment and capture running. \:D/

PrincessDiala
2300 or more caches found
2300 or more caches found

Post by PrincessDiala » 16 July 11 5:43 pm

covert wrote:5 deployed in the Melbourne cbd in a nice walk. If I had some more on me I would of done a lot more. Until I get I a real computer I will not be able to update the descriptions. I will see if I can sneak out the iPad in this meeting :)
Gah, I was in the CBD yesterday.

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 17 July 11 4:59 am

Spent the afternoon tweaking a personal Munzee template. You will get 6 on an A4 Sheet (The template has these arranged already, I just posted one in the pic as an example). It is in Photoshop PSD format with the layers preserved so you can simply edit the text, (change the pathtag :P) copy in your new QR Codes, print, laminate, and away you go! If you would like a copy drop me your email address in a PM and I'll send it too you :D

You will need photoshop (and some simple related skills) is the only restriction : 8-[

Echo
1800 or more caches found
1800 or more caches found

Post by Echo » 17 July 11 4:22 pm

Zalgariath wrote:You will need photoshop (and some simple related skills) is the only restriction : 8-[
Damn, that rules me out... :cry:

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 17 July 11 9:43 pm

Echo wrote:Damn, that rules me out... :cry:
Echo, I'll see if I can knock up a Template for MS Word, would that help? Will be clunkier but possbile :mrgreen:

And for everyone else, I have just made a small batch of Skinz for me PS Template. They dont take long to create so if you send me an idea for a skin or better yet a picture to zalgariath@yahoo.com.au I can create a custom one for you \:D/

tronador
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 17 July 11 10:32 pm

Zalgariath wrote:
Echo, I'll see if I can knock up a Template for MS Word, would that help? Will be clunkier but possbile :mrgreen:

And for everyone else, I have just made a small batch of Skinz for me PS Template. They dont take long to create so if you send me an idea for a skin or better yet a picture to zalgariath@yahoo.com.au I can create a custom one for you \:D/

So is this going to be your new line of work while you're over there??? :D

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 17 July 11 10:44 pm

tronador wrote:So is this going to be your new line of work while you're over there??? :D
Im unemployed until September and poor... so lots of time to do free things, like play with Munzees and Cache! \:D/

I have finished a version of the Template and Skinz in Microsoft Word - Its a little clunkier then the PSD version, but everyone (with a little patience) should be able to use it (...even Blossom* :P)

Drop me your email address in a PM and which verison (Photoshop or MS Word) you want and I'll send them out...

Munzee.com should put me on the payroll ;)

GGau

Post by GGau » 17 July 11 11:16 pm

Hmmm, munzee ap not compatable with iphone 3... rats

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 18 July 11 12:47 am

GGau wrote:Hmmm, munzee ap not compatable with iphone 3... rats
Nope :( You need an auto focus camera ...get a Droid :twisted:

(The iphone4 has one too...)