Munzees!

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
covert
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Re: Munzees!

Post by covert » 30 July 11 9:44 pm

How munzopoly work ? You just scan all 28 qr's ?

gmj3191
7500 or more caches found

Post by gmj3191 » 31 July 11 12:53 am

covert wrote:How munzopoly work ? You just scan all 28 qr's ?
I thought you'd have to buy a hotel, or at least a small milk bar.

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 31 July 11 1:29 am

Check out the new Munzopoly FAQ! :D

PS - MamaPapa2 (co-founder and the one actually doing most of the development work while I just play on the forums and draw pretty pictures... :P ) got interviewed by one of the Ohio newspapers this week. I got a mention in an American paper hahaha. Very cool!

"Munzee Sub-Game Garnering Interest"

noikmeister
5000 or more caches found

Post by noikmeister » 31 July 11 9:42 am

Zalgariath wrote:
Check out the new Munzopoly FAQ! :D

PS - MamaPapa2 (co-founder and the one actually doing most of the development work while I just play on the forums and draw pretty pictures... :P ) got interviewed by one of the Ohio newspapers this week. I got a mention in an American paper hahaha. Very cool!

"Munzee Sub-Game Garnering Interest"
Funny. It'd be nice if he bothered to proof-read his story before publishing it.

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 31 July 11 11:37 am

norkmeister wrote:Funny. It'd be nice if he bothered to proof-read his story before publishing it.
American journalists letting the pundits down? ;)

"takes the the principles" Double trouble? :P
"real world scavenger hunt game where items are found in the real world " Tautology? :P
"The Munzee name itself means "coin" in German" Actually that would be 'Munze'

There are probably more but that's enough editing for me tonight hehe

noikmeister

Post by noikmeister » 31 July 11 12:00 pm

Zalgariath wrote:
norkmeister wrote:Funny. It'd be nice if he bothered to proof-read his story before publishing it.

"real world scavenger hunt game where items are found in the real world " Tautology? :P

"Because you can deploy instantly and capture instantly, it allows you to get your highs out there very fast from the fun of the hunt" Wow! What sort of Munzees is he HIGHding?
"Manteau has set ought to designing the game board, rules and related information for the game"

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 31 July 11 12:16 pm

norkmeister wrote:
Zalgariath wrote:

"Because you can deploy instantly and capture instantly, it allows you to get your highs out there very fast from the fun of the hunt" Wow! What sort of Munzees is he HIGHding?
"Manteau has set ought to designing the game board, rules and related information for the game"
Cmon, the poor little local rag cant afford a spell checker OK hahaha. It is rather poor journalism by Aussie standards, but I dont care, any coverage is good coverage :D hehe And I think HIGH was intentional... as in Fast game play gives you a quick buzz...

setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

Post by setsujoku » 31 July 11 10:52 pm

Zalgariath wrote:Cmon, the poor little local rag cant afford a spell checker OK hahaha. It is rather poor journalism by Aussie standards, but I dont care, any coverage is good coverage :D hehe And I think HIGH was intentional... as in Fast game play gives you a quick buzz...
They would be an ideal journalist for the Adelaide Advertiser with proof reading skills like that :P

gmj3191

Post by gmj3191 » 01 August 11 2:00 am

We now have 145 munzees placed in Victoria, and 183 in Australia.
It seems to bubbling along pretty well. It's a nice complimentary activity to caching.
I wonder if and when it will spread to the non caching community.
There's a heck of a lot of people out there with smartphones that would just love this if they found out about it
and chances are that a lot of them would be the sort of people who would come on into caching if they knew about it.

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 01 August 11 2:14 am

gmj3191 wrote:We now have 145 munzees placed in Victoria, and 183 in Australia.
It seems to bubbling along pretty well. It's a nice complimentary activity to caching.
I wonder if and when it will spread to the non caching community.
There's a heck of a lot of people out there with smartphones that would just love this if they found out about it
and chances are that a lot of them would be the sort of people who would come on into caching if they knew about it.
Yes I noticed a certain Gmj had been rather busy and bumped me down the leaderboard as Top Ranked Aussie :evil:

haha Well Done! =D> I think it is only a matter of time before the muggle community jump on board. As the devs have said, it has a lot more in common with 4square and other Smart Phone - Geolocation games then Geocaching in some ways.

noikmeister

Post by noikmeister » 01 August 11 7:43 am

Zalgariath wrote: I think it is only a matter of time before the muggle community jump on board. As the devs have said, it has a lot more in common with 4square and other Smart Phone - Geolocation games then Geocaching in some ways.
I noticed in that article that I was ragging on that they said that they had taken all the things that were tedious about Geocaching out, but actually I think they took out some of my favourite things. It is definitely only complimentary in my view. There are only 2 of us active in Canberra and there are at least three on the other side of town waiting for a "first to scan" but I am not that excited by it that I will go out of my way.

I notice a new version of the android app came out. When I run it and then close it, it leaves my GPS active. Anyone else have this issue? I'll have to report a bug.

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 01 August 11 9:39 am

Yes the GPS thing has been reported by others. I am definately for it been seen as complimentary. A barcode will never replace a good cache... BUT I think it is an excellent replacement for most bloody nanos. Having deployed 28 in London I can tell you Munzees are the way to go in a lot of areas. I have one in the MIDDLE of Oxford Circus, one of the busiest foot traffic intersections in the word... as a bit of a joke initially.. but 2 week and no dramas. No logs to change and no bomb scares. Mostly waiting for the feed back to be tweeked as no notifications is very annoying :( There will be logs in the near future for Android, already out on iPhone. Limited to a very Twitterish 140 chars, but they are designed to be done quickly in field, not back home.

Facitman
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by Facitman » 01 August 11 1:34 pm

gmj3191 wrote: There's a heck of a lot of people out there with smartphones that would just love this if they found out about it
yes, but unfortunately some of us have Windows Phone 7 :?
It's a shame, I like the phone and it's interface but the application catalogue is very limited in comparison to iOS and Andriod and is always the last platform released, if at all.

Echo
1800 or more caches found
1800 or more caches found

Post by Echo » 01 August 11 2:40 pm

Facitman wrote:yes, but unfortunately some of us have Windows Phone 7 :?
It's a shame, I like the phone and it's interface but the application catalogue is very limited in comparison to iOS and Andriod and is always the last platform released, if at all.
Try Nokia's Symbian O/S...

gmj3191

Post by gmj3191 » 01 August 11 6:49 pm

Oh come on now, you just need to implement a dumbphone replacement project.