OZ MEGA ALBURY WODONGA

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
lemmykc
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Re: OZ MEGA ALBURY WODONGA

Post by lemmykc » 08 April 12 4:02 pm

We are driving home now after an absolutely fantastic weekend, probably the best in caching I have ever done. I was disappointed when I didn't get to formally thank Greg and the rest of the committee for their outstanding work making this happen. We found a total of 90 caches over the weekend and met a stack of new people, many of which I have only seen posts from on these forums :wink:

Thanks for a great weekend guys, we'll be talking about this one for a while :D :D :D =D> =D>

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 10 April 12 12:08 am

We got home yesterday and had a great time at the Mega Event. We spent quite a bit of time on site, but did manage to grab three caches in nearby Yackandandah (beautiful town nearby).

Met many friendly geocachers and really enjoyed Saturday night's entertainment. Thank you to the committee for organising a great event. Look forward to the next.

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 10 April 12 8:50 am

The Spindoctors wrote:We got home yesterday and had a great time at the Mega Event. We spent quite a bit of time on site, but did manage to grab three caches in nearby Yackandandah (beautiful town nearby).

Met many friendly geocachers and really enjoyed Saturday night's entertainment. Thank you to the committee for organising a great event. Look forward to the next.
you must have quiet one as we did not run across you in our travels :( as we only really left the site saturday morning for a quick 18 caches, coming back at lunch :) yes indeed it was a great event :) we came back on sunday and the highway was empty :) what was it like yesterday :?:

FarmerFrentzen
5000 or more caches found

Post by FarmerFrentzen » 10 April 12 11:32 am

Mr Router wrote:
The Spindoctors wrote:We got home yesterday and had a great time at the Mega Event. We spent quite a bit of time on site, but did manage to grab three caches in nearby Yackandandah (beautiful town nearby).

you must have quiet one as we did not run across you in our travels :( as we only really left the site saturday morning for a quick 18 caches, coming back at lunch :) yes indeed it was a great event :) we came back on sunday and the highway was empty :) what was it like yesterday :?:
We too travelled home on Monday. A reasonably good run was had on the highway all the way home.

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 10 April 12 10:38 pm

It was really great to see the name tags and see faces of people on these forums I hadn't previously met!

shrek4
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by shrek4 » 11 April 12 9:39 pm

We arrived home lunchtime today.

We broke the trip into three legs, stopping to free camp in our camper trailer on the way. Was much better for the kids this way. I'm exhausted now though.

We had such a great time, met up with many familiar faces. :mrgreen:

Boo_bear1

Post by Boo_bear1 » 15 April 12 8:05 pm

This is also posted in its own thread

I am looking to say thanks...

The kindness of strangers is really amazing. I was recently diagnosed as very ill and sent to hospital before this I was meant to go to Albury at Easter to go in a Geo-caching event. Obviously this didn't happen. Before the Easter weekend my dad served a man at camping world in Belconnen ACT who said he was going to the event. My dad mentioned I was meant to go but had got sick and after the man asked he explained what had happened. Today that same stranger came back into my dad's work and gave him all the trackerables he had collected to bring to me here in hospital! Amazing

If you are that person or you know what person, a massive amount of thanks, you have really made my day

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 19 April 12 12:36 am

If you missed out on the Mega Event, or want to remember some of it download my latest episode of Geotalk.

http://geotalkpodcast.com/webpage/geotalk-episode-85-

BTW - If you want to share you experience, please call it in on the Geotalk voicemail (02) 800 50 436.

Oz Mega Committee
Location: Committee for OZ MEGA geocaching mega events around Australia.We are a non profit incorporated assoc

Post by Oz Mega Committee » 24 April 12 9:41 am

Some Committee updates:
1/ Well done to all the teams who have moved their trackables on after the event. There were close to 800 trackables at the event tables and 1935 logged within the event. We are only down to the final 100 still there.
All teams who took trackables were asked to log one of 3 books on the tables on Easter Sunday. If you could please move these on soon,and then when the numbers decline to under 40, the Committee will send out reminder emails. Thank you.

2/ Many teams have asked for the photos on the big outdoor screen over the event. So , with the assistance of bacPAQer and Twighlight Cinema's we have attached links to all the photo's and one "you tube " clip.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/M3Bu ... TW1KUmNUQw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d1EC2bj ... e=youtu.be
3/ The next edition of Geocaching in Australia magazine will have all the pictures, stories and action shots from the 5 days at Albury.

4/ Finally,
the Committee received a very nice letter from the Mayor of Albury and would like to share it with attendees

thankfully,
Greg
President
Last edited by Oz Mega Committee on 24 April 12 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bundyrumandcoke

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 24 April 12 10:23 am

Sorry, but a bit of a Youtube dummy here. Can we get comments enabled on the Mens night video, and of course the ladies one as well, as I feel a "Name the Geocacher" game coming on. In the comments for the you tube video, name the pictured geocacher, so eventually a complete correct list of cachers names will appear. Never mind, I found it- I think.

embi
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by embi » 24 April 12 6:46 pm

Oz Mega Committee wrote:.......
4/ Finally,
the Committee received a very nice letter from the Mayor of Albury and would like to share it with attendees

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2& ... 65_0.1&zw.
I am the only one who can't work out how to see that email?

mtbikeroz

Post by mtbikeroz » 24 April 12 6:47 pm

No, me also - it doesn't work. It tries to open THEIR Gmail a/c.

Oz Mega Committee
Location: Committee for OZ MEGA geocaching mega events around Australia.We are a non profit incorporated assoc

Post by Oz Mega Committee » 24 April 12 6:58 pm

mtbikeroz wrote:No, me also - it doesn't work. It tries to open THEIR Gmail a/c.
We changed the url link to an image , so the Mayor's letter is there now.

thankfully,
Greg.

mtbikeroz

Post by mtbikeroz » 24 April 12 7:09 pm

Image link no worky .....

covert
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found