OZ MEGA ALBURY WODONGA

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Oz Mega Committee
Location: Committee for OZ MEGA geocaching mega events around Australia.We are a non profit incorporated assoc

Re: OZ MEGA ALBURY WODONGA

Post by Oz Mega Committee » 15 March 12 9:20 pm

Our next Committee update with 20 days to the opening:

We would like to welcome our next colourful Sponsor inhttp://www.ozmega.com.au/of Wagga Wagga. (visit link)
One of the GOLD SPONSORS inhttp://www.ozmega.com.au/are doing a limited edition range of OZ MEGA wines especially for the event.The OZ MEGA range will be on a Shiraz,Durif magnum and a Sweet fortified range of 375ml bottles (known as: Dawn, Noon, Dusk) .Free taste samples will be available each night.
The next list of completed Registrations will be listed this weekend.There will be a cut-off date soon for a personal name tags from the printers. We have over 680 people to date with alot of registrations in the system awaiting the banking component.
The Oz Mega Committee is very proud to announce the MAJOR SPONSOR in http://www.ozmega.com.au/ The newly based Albury company is managed by a geocacher who caches out of Beechworth.They will be at the event and will have their newly listed logo and website available next week.They will be offering finance on homes, boats and the geocachers cars and 4wds with a special service to teams all over Australia.They will be conducting a cache competition within the Equestrian Centre with prizes distributed on the Sunday night presentations.
All the next updates Monday night,
thankfully,
Greg,
President.

Bronnie_1990
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found
Twitter: bronnie1990

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 15 March 12 9:54 pm

Quick question...

How do you de-register? :(

I've had to unforchantly pull out, i'm no longer able to attend :(

I havent paid yet, so thats a tiny bit of a relief..

Oz Mega Committee
Location: Committee for OZ MEGA geocaching mega events around Australia.We are a non profit incorporated assoc

Post by Oz Mega Committee » 15 March 12 10:25 pm

Bronnie_1990 wrote:Quick question...

How do you de-register? :(

I've had to unforchantly pull out, i'm no longer able to attend :(

I havent paid yet, so thats a tiny bit of a relief..
Private email sent
Greg

covert
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by covert » 17 March 12 4:01 pm

Oz Mega Committee wrote:The official hardback milestone book is ready for those in the hunt.
What is a milestone book ?

Oz Mega Committee

Post by Oz Mega Committee » 17 March 12 4:11 pm

covert wrote:
Oz Mega Committee wrote:The official hardback milestone book is ready for those in the hunt.
What is a milestone book ?
This will be the official book of recorded teams who make the OZ MEGA their milestone find.

This means they will be driving in the gate on 999 finds..1999 finds...2999 finds etc.
We know of many teams who are timing it just right to log the event as a milestone. The hardback book is set and has all the large areas set for logging for the 1,000's up to 10,000 and then a over 10,000 section , obviously in which their are not many in that section.

All the teams in the book will be read out at presentations on Sunday night.
thankfully,
Greg.

Oz Mega Committee

Post by Oz Mega Committee » 19 March 12 9:04 pm

A Committee update:
The website was updated on Sunday with all the latest Sponsors included. All the powered sites have been allocated and paid for.

The latest registered and paid teams have been placed on the "Registration TAB " .It jumped from 667 last week to 705 up till last Friday.To give you an idea of what that looks like in a crowd, there were 680 attendees at Wagga. All new registrations will feature on the website next weekend.

A few competitions and prizes to mention. The 5,000 Easter Egg Hunt will have one particular egg with a lucky number on it for a Sunday night prize.
There will be a lucky draw on the Friday night with the winner awarded a helicopter joyflight for 3. The Saturday night lucky draw by the Mayor will also be a helicopter joyflight for 3.

The Sunday night pathtag raffle should feature over 700 pathtags. Plus, numerous other raffles during the event.
The Helicopter Megadrop will feature over 100 prizes from sponge balls dropped from high in the sky. The lucky number one winner will receive a $1,000 helicopter ride for 3 over Mt Bogong and the Snowy's.

The Sunday flashmob will see 100 unique prizes distributed onsite at the event with one particular prize for the lucky NO1 winner.
Two photo caption competitions with pictures of unique locations of two caches .The best two funny captions will win prizes on the Sunday night.
Dont forget the" Best Campsite" and "Best Powered Site "awards. Use your imaginations, examples can be lighting, posters, banners/balloons, flags, geocaching name theme or whatever. Remember that the whole website and colour theme of items is orange. The registration area will be alive with orange.
There are 3 major games involving at least 26 prizes. All competitions will be in your "registration packs " Prizes will be awarded at the presentation night on Sunday, given out by Sponsors and guests. All the games are set and in place.
There will be a kids caches with 4 prizes divided into girls and boys age groups. Girls and Boys , 0 to 8 , and 9 to 16 years.
The major Sponsor will have a cache competition for all to enjoy.

Albury's Bordermail newspaper photographers will be at all the highlights day and night for the Easter Monday edition.
Many more items of great interest and competitions will be discovered at the event.
thankfully,
Greg,
President.

Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 22 March 12 4:16 pm

Wow, how time flies. Just over 86 days ago (almost 3 months), I brought to this threads followers attention that the count down day timer had dropped from 3 digits to 2. Now, with less than 2 weeks to go, I am sure the excitement is building amongst the organisers, and participants, and in a couple of days time, that timer will drop to single digits.

Its amazing to contemplate the effort that the organising committee have made to get this event up and running. You would think they had learned their lesson after the first one. They are to be congratulated, even before the event commences.

Obviously, over the next week to ten days or so, patricipants will be departing for the event. I am fairly certain some have already departed, especially those travelling long distances. To those travelling, stay safe and find plenty of caches on the road. Personally, I have been a bit worried over the last couple of weeks, with the floods in NSW, and now Qld, and plenty of road closures along my intended route, but hopefully things will have dried out enough for my departure on the bike in 6 days time.

Oz Mega Committee

Post by Oz Mega Committee » 22 March 12 9:24 pm

A Committee update with 13 days to go:
The next round of paid registered teams will go on the website this Sunday. Name tags will be forwarded to the printers on Monday, so if you have a change in your team please advise the Committee as soon as possible so we can update the lists. All registration teams after this date will receive a coloured name tag with names hand written at the event site.To make this date, both your registration and banking will have to be complete by Friday 23rd at midnight and all will appear in the records Saturday.

If you do have a question that cant be answered on the website , we ask you to please submit your question in the next 7 days for a reply. From Sunday 31st, the Committee will be in Albury.

The Committee is very proud to announce our Final night entertainment. The Sunday night will be filled with lucky draws, all the competition and game winners , Sponsors, guests and many surprises.The entertainment will be supplied by a female vocalist in Justine Hogan. She hails from Wagga Wagga, is a regular on the club scenes and can sing all the tunes from Taylor Swift, Pink, Beyonce, Bruno Mars, Dolly Parton, Christina Aguilera and even Adele.

A few things to remember to pack, mozzies are out, so it would be a good idea to pack the aerogard, also remember your chairs and nibblies for the entertainment nights.

The Committee is looking forward to meeting you all at the event.

Thankfully,
Greg
President

shrek4
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by shrek4 » 23 March 12 6:47 pm

Going Off topic anyone who is going to the Oz Mega who may be able to pick up some Crunchy 'Skippy' peanut butter from Costco for us? My 4 year old only likes that and Dick Smith peanut butter which is sold out everywhere due to a peanut shortage in Australia apparently.

Us poorly South Australians don't have a Costco unfortunately. ](*,)

Please PM me if you can help out and we can meet up at the Mega!

Clatmandu

Post by Clatmandu » 24 March 12 1:38 am

Yup, the countdowns have begun. 9 days till I leave the states. 4958 cache finds logged, 2 events to attend in 8 days to add 30 or so finds, 2 in Brisbane, 2-3 in Mebourne, then off to Albury to bring my count to 4999 before entering the gates. Lots of TBs packed, heaps of Pathtags, I think I am ready.

walenators
1700 or more caches found
1700 or more caches found

Post by walenators » 25 March 12 12:16 pm

shrek4 wrote:Going Off topic anyone who is going to the Oz Mega who may be able to pick up some Crunchy 'Skippy' peanut butter from Costco for us? My 4 year old only likes that and Dick Smith peanut butter which is sold out everywhere due to a peanut shortage in Australia apparently.

Us poorly South Australians don't have a Costco unfortunately. ](*,)

Please PM me if you can help out and we can meet up at the Mega!
We have just gone through our cupboard and found an extra jar of Extra Crunchy (Super Crunchy) Skippy peanut butter that we can bring to Ozmega for you. \:D/ \:D/ I forgot to mention that it is unopened and is a 1.36kg jar.

Regards

Lisa and Wal.
(walenators)

Oz Mega Committee

Post by Oz Mega Committee » 25 March 12 8:28 pm

The latest updates from Committee:
The website has had an update with plenty of information applied.

The Registration list jumped from 705 last week to 763 as of Friday. All the names have been submitted to the printers for official name tags. Registrations will be taken online up to the Wednesday 4th April. Any extras in teams coming along, please forward them onto Committee.

The Home tab has the latest "Recommended " cache list attached with now 46 top caches to choose from around the region.
We have placed a photo on the itinerary of the lovely Justine Hogan , who has been added to the Sunday night entertainment program.
Thursday 5th April will see the first movie commence at 7pm sharp. The BAY13 bonfire will be lit at 8.30pm. The second movie will commence at 9pm.
The free shuttle service offering lifts from the airport and train station to the event site or hotel now has their hotline number available on the "General" tab.
We are very proud to announce our 15th stallholder with a MUNZEES stall being included for the event. It will be conducted by Hinklenator and HINCO of Wagga, so if your after any information regarding the Munzee application this is the store to visit.
The major game will have waypoints to download available 3 ways from 9am Thursday, either by USB, DISC or via the website where it will be displayed from 9am.
The last reserve moved into a powered site spot, so we will take one more team to go in as 1st reserve, just email the Committee.
Dont forget to check out all the colorful merchandise available on the general tab with shirts, t-shirts, caps and embroided patches all available.
Next update Tuesday night,
thankfully,
Greg
President

Tealby
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Tealby » 26 March 12 11:35 am

I had accommodation booked at a local B&B (very conveniently located for the MEGA - for those who don't like camping), but I have had to cancel my booking for the Easter weekend at short notice as I will be house-sitting for someone in Albury. Therefore, if anyone wants accommodation from Good Friday to Easter Monday & has left it to the last minute, check out http://www.jacarandaaccommodation.com.a ... ry-wodonga - it is a 2BR apartment, so can sleep 4 people comfortably.

Oz Mega Committee

Post by Oz Mega Committee » 27 March 12 8:27 pm

The latest updates from Committee with 8 days to go:
All the latest fully paid registrations will be updated on the website Thursday night. You will need to be registered to enter the facility with a check in station on arrival.Registrations will be taken online up till Wednesday 4th April.

Dont forget to place a "Will Attend " on the flashmob event on Easter Sunday expected to have a minimum 400 people attend.(GC34BFC)Some great prizes and photographs will be taken by the Bordermail. Also the Pathtag Party ( GCA4226).This will open at the listed times over 4 days and will be a very popular spot to mingle.

Teams are welcome to bring along their own CD's to event for playing. The centre has a PA system and we will play a wide variety of music over the event.Please label your CD or place your team name in permanent texta on the back cover.
There will be a very large WORLD MAP in the registration area for all teams to place a pin into the countries they have geocached in. All the rules and pins will be available next to the map.
We now have every state and territory in Australia represented in attendees plus teams from Czech Republic, Germany,Finland, New Zealand and the USA.
Two links to have a peek at if you have not seen them yet:The first will give you an idea of a MEGA if its your first.The second clip showcases Albury and the venue.

1/ OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN-ZTns8 ... tube_gdata

2/ OZ MEGA ALBURY WODONGA PREVIEW...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8kRjGkg8FE

The OZ MEGA event will now be covered by the magazine Caravan and Motorhome on Tour.A representative from Sydney will be attending for the whole event conducting a feature article for the magazine and website.

Next website upgrade and announcement Thursday night.
Some teams have already left on their long journeys, so drive safely guys.
thankfully,
Greg,
President.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » 27 March 12 10:32 pm

Is it possible to swap powered site with another person, atm I'm on site 40 and would like to be closer to my buddies. anywhere between 3 and 23 would be great. Thanks