Let's Register more caches on GCA

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
User avatar
CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Posts: 6990
Joined: 23 August 04 3:17 pm
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat
Location: Launceston, TAS
Contact:

Re: Let's Register more caches on GCA

Post by CraigRat » 02 June 11 8:46 pm

norkmeister wrote:If GCA wanted this site to be it, then it would have to take on GC head-
We are already a global site, we have listings in 17 or so countries. They get very little traffic naturally, but this site is set up just fine to operate outside of our region.

We are also not trying to take on GC, it's never been the aim of this site to be anything other than a place for people from anywhere to cache the way they want to.
(one of our other goals was to be the most feature rich caching site on the internet, but we reached that mark a fair while back :lol: )

User avatar
Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
Posts: 1509
Joined: 01 May 09 10:08 pm
Location: Northern Suburbs, Sydney

Re: Let's Register more caches on GCA

Post by Yurt » 02 June 11 8:51 pm

blossom* wrote:
belken wrote: Let me know and I will take you myself.
Do you work? ie if anyone came up mid-week, would you be able to take a day off for a 4WD trip? Or does it need to be the weekend? Just asking in case I can find a spare few days to visit my favourite city in Oz :D
For me as I'm up there for work it would have to be mid-week.
I will certainly take you up on the offer if I can fit it in and the timing is okay for you.


Back on topic, part of GCA is fast becoming 'trigpointing.com.au' at least for the Sydney region!

User avatar
Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found
Posts: 1749
Joined: 17 August 09 10:44 am
Location: Sydney, NSW

Re: Let's Register more caches on GCA

Post by Zalgariath » 02 June 11 9:27 pm

norkmeister wrote:
Zalgariath wrote: I put a link to the forum on all my GC cache pages...
Not sure how you get away with that. I just got one knocked back for linking to a user's GCA profile in the description.
Forum Linking is not uncommon... Every second cache in Ireland has a link to Geocaching Ireland and over here in the UK there are a number of regional groups and associations who fly banners such as The GAGB prominently on their pages. Of course, they are not listing sites, which is why I link the forum, not the listing area ;)

User avatar
Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
Posts: 1509
Joined: 01 May 09 10:08 pm
Location: Northern Suburbs, Sydney

Re: Let's Register more caches on GCA

Post by Yurt » 03 June 11 11:25 am

Hoojar wrote:
Laighside Legends wrote:
Hoojar wrote:...and yet we had three reviewers!
Who was the third one? And what happen to them?
Embi - http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid ... 440cfe4fba

Read his retirement statement here - http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopi ... iewer+embi
Still listed on the forum home page as a moderator for GC. Ideology is listed as a moderator for the GCA forum, I assume they are also long, long gone.

belken
Posts: 447
Joined: 15 January 05 12:31 am
Location: melville

Re: Let's Register more caches on GCA

Post by belken » 03 June 11 12:45 pm

Yurt wrote:
blossom* wrote:
belken wrote: Let me know and I will take you myself.
Do you work? ie if anyone came up mid-week, would you be able to take a day off for a 4WD trip? Or does it need to be the weekend? Just asking in case I can find a spare few days to visit my favourite city in Oz :D
For me as I'm up there for work it would have to be mid-week.
I will certainly take you up on the offer if I can fit it in and the timing is okay for you.


Back on topic, part of GCA is fast becoming 'trigpointing.com.au' at least for the Sydney region!
Of course I work. Just not much. I can normally work around anything. At the moment I work Monday and Friday Mornings. I baby sit Wedenesday an Thursday afternoon. Tuesday me and Bel are together all day. There are no set times or days. Wonderful life if you can get it. Just not a lot of cash in it.

1 cache is up the Paluma Range just past Crystal creek. 2WD car 2 hrs driving 1 hr walking return. Another is near the Pinnacles. 1 hr driving 2 hour walking return. 2 are up Herveys range. 1.5 hrs driving 2 hours walking return to get both. The walking includes sitting and looking.

User avatar
blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found
Posts: 1588
Joined: 25 February 09 1:59 pm
Location: West Ryde

Re: Let's Register more caches on GCA

Post by blossom* » 03 June 11 8:55 pm

belken wrote:
Yurt wrote:
blossom* wrote:
belken wrote: Let me know and I will take you myself.
Do you work? ie if anyone came up mid-week, would you be able to take a day off for a 4WD trip? Or does it need to be the weekend? Just asking in case I can find a spare few days to visit my favourite city in Oz :D
For me as I'm up there for work it would have to be mid-week.
I will certainly take you up on the offer if I can fit it in and the timing is okay for you.


Back on topic, part of GCA is fast becoming 'trigpointing.com.au' at least for the Sydney region!
Of course I work. Just not much. I can normally work around anything. At the moment I work Monday and Friday Mornings. I baby sit Wedenesday an Thursday afternoon. Tuesday me and Bel are together all day. There are no set times or days. Wonderful life if you can get it. Just not a lot of cash in it.

1 cache is up the Paluma Range just past Crystal creek. 2WD car 2 hrs driving 1 hr walking return. Another is near the Pinnacles. 1 hr driving 2 hour walking return. 2 are up Herveys range. 1.5 hrs driving 2 hours walking return to get both. The walking includes sitting and looking.
I'll see what I can do, this is too good an opportunity to miss!!

User avatar
Renroc
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found
Posts: 274
Joined: 14 July 08 1:35 pm
Location: Lismore

Re: Let's Register more caches on GCA

Post by Renroc » 03 June 11 11:30 pm

I just published a new GA cache. Mainly for those who live on the NSW far north coast. BUT others may be interested to follow it. GA3207. Have fun people.

User avatar
Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
Posts: 1509
Joined: 01 May 09 10:08 pm
Location: Northern Suburbs, Sydney

Re: Let's Register more caches on GCA

Post by Yurt » 03 June 11 11:33 pm

belken wrote:
Yurt wrote:
blossom* wrote:
belken wrote: Let me know and I will take you myself.
Do you work? ie if anyone came up mid-week, would you be able to take a day off for a 4WD trip? Or does it need to be the weekend? Just asking in case I can find a spare few days to visit my favourite city in Oz :D
For me as I'm up there for work it would have to be mid-week.
I will certainly take you up on the offer if I can fit it in and the timing is okay for you.


Back on topic, part of GCA is fast becoming 'trigpointing.com.au' at least for the Sydney region!
Of course I work. Just not much. I can normally work around anything. At the moment I work Monday and Friday Mornings. I baby sit Wedenesday an Thursday afternoon. Tuesday me and Bel are together all day. There are no set times or days. Wonderful life if you can get it. Just not a lot of cash in it.

1 cache is up the Paluma Range just past Crystal creek. 2WD car 2 hrs driving 1 hr walking return. Another is near the Pinnacles. 1 hr driving 2 hour walking return. 2 are up Herveys range. 1.5 hrs driving 2 hours walking return to get both. The walking includes sitting and looking.
I had the Herveys Range ones in the GPS when I was up that way a while ago but didn't have time for the trek. Am interested especially in the old Greenvale railway.
I'm likely to be up about 8 times or so over the next 5 months so plenty of opportunities. I'll work around you if I can.

User avatar
Richary
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Posts: 4165
Joined: 04 February 04 10:55 pm
Location: Waitara, Sydney

Re: Let's Register more caches on GCA

Post by Richary » 03 June 11 11:42 pm

Renroc wrote:I just published a new GA cache. Mainly for those who live on the NSW far north coast. BUT others may be interested to follow it. GA3207. Have fun people.
They have obviously changed their pothole marking technique since I used to live up there around 1979-81! Not that they had a pothole marking technique back then.

Laighside Legends
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found
Posts: 1282
Joined: 05 October 10 10:20 pm
Location: Yorke Peninsula, South Australia

Re: Let's Register more caches on GCA

Post by Laighside Legends » 03 June 11 11:53 pm

What topic are we up to now????? :mrgreen:
It hurts my head to try and follow this thread :( (rhyme not intended)

Post Reply