Mystery Gnome Found!!!!

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
pjmpjm
6000 or more caches found
Twitter: Booroobin

Re-Bourne the CITO Mystery Gnome

Post by pjmpjm » 22 April 11 12:45 pm

Negotiations have now begun between CITO Silke and the GFF concerning GCA 'registration' of the mysteriously found Corrach-clone gnome at Shelley Beach near Sydney.

Suggestions have been made that this new gnome, who has almost no memory of his past life, but who possesses a strong and unstoppable drive for environmental cleanliness, should became a 'poster boy' for the geocaching CITO (Cache In Trash Out) movement.

It's suggested that his mission will be to travel around Australia with his message of a rubbish-free environment, and that everyone who finds and moves him has to remove at least one significant piece of rubbish from the nearby area.

Hence my suggested name . . .

Transportation difficulties are presently being worked out by a Senior GFF Official at the Clwydd Headquarters.

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found

Re: Mystery Gnome Found!!!!

Post by Zalgariath » 22 April 11 8:46 pm

CITO Gnome would be good, but is not cool enough. Lacks street cred. I'd suggest Cito "Two Hands" Gnome (sounds more enviro-ganster :twisted: ) and have him carry a card linking to The CITO Locationless \:D/

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 22 April 11 10:14 pm

Depending on where Silke lives I may be able to assist with transportation. I am heading over to the northern beaches on Tuesday, which might work given where the gnome was found. It could then be dropped at a certain gnome distribution point near West Ryde.

pjmpjm

I'm Too Sexy for my Name

Post by pjmpjm » 22 April 11 11:41 pm

Zalgariath wrote:CITO Gnome would be good, but is not cool enough. Lacks street cred. I'd suggest Cito "Two Hands" Gnome (sounds more enviro-ganster :twisted: ) and have him carry a card linking to The CITO Locationless \:D/
At my age, I'll be happy to relinquish to others the cool naming rights to the Mystery Gnome!

Just so long as our boy gets out there and encourages cleaning up.

(And maybe I've watched just one too many 'Bourne' movies . . . )

"Two Hands" is good for me if it's good for the GFF Headquarters as well.

pjmpjm

Mystery Gnome Pick-up in Northern Beaches

Post by pjmpjm » 22 April 11 11:44 pm

Richary wrote:Depending on where Silke lives I may be able to assist with transportation. I am heading over to the northern beaches on Tuesday, which might work given where the gnome was found. It could then be dropped at a certain gnome distribution point near West Ryde.
I'll leave it to GFF Headquarters in Clwydd to reply to this excellent offer.

Gnome-rescuer Silke may be able to transport him part of the way, but a direct pick-up at her place might be easier.

rogerw3

Post by rogerw3 » 23 April 11 6:41 pm

:gnome :D

A GFF representative will be picking up this unlucky Gnome tomorrow. The poor fellow has lost his memory and a complete check up is called for. The GFF medical center in Clwydd is best equipped for the task and the Mystery Gnome will be conveyed there as fast as possible.
As soon as he has recovered he will be inducted in the rank of the GFF.

:gnomette \:D/

pjmpjm

Re: Mystery Gnome Recovered by GFF

Post by pjmpjm » 24 April 11 3:10 pm

rogerw3 wrote::gnome :D A GFF representative will be picking up this unlucky Gnome tomorrow. The poor fellow has lost his memory and a complete check up is called for. The GFF medical center in Clwydd is best equipped for the task and the Mystery Gnome will be conveyed there as fast as possible. As soon as he has recovered he will be inducted in the rank of the GFF. :gnomette \:D/
Reports reaching the Blue Mountains Blue Labyrinth District GFF Sub-Station this morning indicate that a Senior GFF has now retrieved the amnesic mystery gnome from his Northern Beaches Parsley Farm location.

He is now on his way across the Blue Mountains to the famous GFF Clywdd Headquarters Medical Centre for immediate intensive therapy and eventual GFF training.

No doubt further word will be received directly from Clywdd later today.

Thanks to Silke and James for making this retrieval possible.

pjmpjm

Mystery Gnome Transportation -- GFF Acts Quickly

Post by pjmpjm » 24 April 11 3:14 pm

Richary wrote:Depending on where Silke lives I may be able to assist with transportation. I am heading over to the northern beaches on Tuesday, which might work given where the gnome was found. It could then be dropped at a certain gnome distribution point near West Ryde.
Many, many thanks for the kind offer.

The matter was deemed of such crucial gnomic importance that the GFF Headquarters dispatched a Senior GFF Official to retrieve the unfortunate gnome in person.

By Easter Sunday evening our new memory-less recruit will be resting comfortably in Clwydd.

rogerw3

Post by rogerw3 » 24 April 11 6:38 pm

:gnome :shock:

The mystery Gnome has been picked up and transported with all speed to the world renowned Gnome Medical Center in Clwydd. This poor fellow whilst having received tender loving care from his rescuer Silke is still very traumatised and most shocking still has no memory of who he is or how he came to be so close to drowning.

He is now in good hand and his rehabilitation will start straight away, the prognostic is good at this stage for his physical well being, but his mental health is a much greater challenge.

He looks to have been subjected to some horrible form of torture, as can be seen some atrocities have been performed on his back, the Medical Center staff are confident that this damage can be remedied.

Image Image

pjmpjm

Thanks to Renowned GFF Clwydd Medical Centre

Post by pjmpjm » 24 April 11 7:03 pm

rogerw3 wrote: :shock: He looks to have been subjected to some horrible form of torture, as can be seen some atrocities have been performed on his back, the Medical Center staff are confident that this damage can be remedied.
Good work!

This is a great relief!

We wish him well!

Please keep us posted on his progress.

=D>

rogerw3

Re: Mystery Gnome riddle partly solved!

Post by rogerw3 » 25 April 11 11:49 am

:gnome #-o

The GFF medical staff are happy to report that the Mystery Gnome is in good physical health, exhaustive test show no permanent injuries.

The investigation branch of the GFF have found that our Mystery Gnome is in fact a Diving Gnome as shown by the photos. However why was this Gnome there? And what was he doing? These questions are still a mystery.

The psychological and neurological examinations are still ongoing, but preliminary results are no good. The memory loss, most probably due to traumatic events, is very likely permanent. Further tests are called for.

The jury-rigged diving apparatus would seem to indicate that our Mystery Gnome was escaping from some unknown location, possibly a submarine base or vessel nearby. Investigations are proceeding. DNA testing came up blank there are no records of this unfortunate Gnome.

Image Image

pjmpjm

Myst the Harold Holt Gnome

Post by pjmpjm » 25 April 11 12:15 pm

rogerw3 wrote::gnome #-o The GFF medical staff are happy to report that the Mystery Gnome is in good physical health, exhaustive tests show no permanent injuries. The investigation branch of the GFF have found that our Mystery Gnome is in fact a Diving Gnome as shown by the photos. However why was this Gnome there? And what was he doing? These questions are still a mystery. The psychological and neurological examinations are still ongoing, but preliminary results are no good. The memory loss, most probably due to traumatic events, is very likely permanent. Further tests are called for. The jury-rigged diving apparatus would seem to indicate that our Mystery Gnome was escaping from some unknown location, possibly a submarine base or vessel nearby. Investigations are proceeding. DNA testing came up blank there are no records of this unfortunate Gnome.
This new information is beginning to make sense of some major Australian mysteries, such as the disappearance of the Prime Minister via a Chinese submarine.

Leave it to the GFF to get to the bottom of things!

And now we know the true meaning of the 'film canister' and 'backpack' found nearby. Things are never what they seem!

Shame about his memory, but good news about his overall physical health. No doubt he'll be fit enough for the GFF basic training. And he'll have fresh start in his gnoming life, with no bad memories to slow him down . . .

Please keep us all posted if and when GFF Clwydd Headquarters releases more information.

rogerw3

Post by rogerw3 » 03 May 11 12:07 pm

:D :gnome

I am sure that everybody will be very pleased with the news that the mystery Gnome has made a full physical recovery, he will be discharged from the Clwydd Medical Facility tomorrow.

Unfortunately hie memory loss is permanent, but as with all Gnomes his powers of recovery are such that he has shrugged this as a "minor inconvenience" as he puts it himself!

He is the "Mystery" Gnome no longer and has taken a new identity as "Two Cool Hand Luke", he as decided to further the aims of the 'Two Hands Project' and CITO.

We all wish him well in his future endeavours.

=D> :gnomette

pjmpjm

Two Cool Hand Luke Mystery Makeover

Post by pjmpjm » 03 May 11 4:48 pm

rogerw3 wrote::D :gnome I am sure that everybody will be very pleased with the news that the mystery Gnome has made a full physical recovery =D> :gnomette
Great work!

We'll look forward to more photos, including some of GeoGraduate . . . it's like 'Extreme Makeover' or similar up there in Clwydd . . .

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 05 May 11 6:00 am

Awesome work guys :D ...does his release date get to be December 1st? :P hahaha