Mystery Gnome Found!!!!

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
pwags
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Re: Mystery Gnome Found!!!!

Post by pwags » 13 April 11 1:19 am

Thanks for the pics, Richary.

Don't go to too much trouble. Even just a "tape turban" would be ok, would probably suit him!

Cheers!

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 13 April 11 1:28 am

Just as well he was full of cement making him a heavy gnome. or the damage could have been a lot worse when he was dropped 18 inches. Will see what can be done for the little guy to make him handsome again. Or at least protected from future head injuries.

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 13 April 11 9:28 am

I'll get in contact with Silke and see if I can arrange a pick up point ;)

I've sent her Pjm's email address so hopefully she will be in contact if she didnt throw him out.

gmj3191
7500 or more caches found
7500 or more caches found

Post by gmj3191 » 13 April 11 5:09 pm

Perhaps our "floater" was just a gnome used by somebody to hide a front door key in the garden.
I know that's not a very romantic conclusion to the mystery but in the absence of any dental records, dna or fingerprints it's the best I can up with unfortunately.

pjmpjm
6000 or more caches found
Twitter: Booroobin

Re-Bourne the Mystery Gnome

Post by pjmpjm » 14 April 11 3:46 am

Zalgariath wrote:I'll get in contact with Silke and see if I can arrange a pick up point ;) I've sent her Pjm's email address so hopefully she will be in contact if she didnt throw him out.
At today's GFF Management Committee meeting, I overheard (while serving the coffee) that a Senior GFF Official has already been appointed to attend any pick-up that's offered.

Silke's contact will be followed up with the usual GFF alacrity.

Then we'll see what we can do with this mysterious fellow . . . 'The Bourne Gnoming' perhaps . . .

pjmpjm

GeoGraduate's 'Small' Life Support System

Post by pjmpjm » 14 April 11 10:59 am

bubbles_baby123 wrote: Pics or it didnt happen. (I want to see this life support system!) GeoGraduate's mum
I'm now sorry that I didn't take any pictures before transporting your boy to the railway station. But he was indistinguishable from a light blue 'small' -- sad to say.

What little 'piece' of the original GG was hidden inside was hard to know. Some say it wasn't his brain. It might have been his left toe. There was a log book and a magnet.

A Senior GFF Official will be in touch with you before anything else is attempted. You can be sure that he'll be safe at Clwydd.

pjmpjm

Re-Bourne -- the Floating Gnome

Post by pjmpjm » 14 April 11 11:04 am

gmj3191 wrote:Perhaps our "floater" was just a gnome used by somebody to hide a front door key in the garden. I know that's not a very romantic conclusion to the mystery but in the absence of any dental records, dna or fingerprints it's the best I can up with unfortunately.
The GFF will indeed be making enquiries as to how a concrete gnome could 'float' as described.

Dental records have already been ruled out. (Apparently gnomes have no teeth. A little known fact.)

DNA analysis may be attempted if a successful rescue operation is completed.

pjmpjm

Gnome DNA & Fingerprints

Post by pjmpjm » 14 April 11 11:42 pm

gmj3191 wrote:Perhaps our "floater" was just a gnome used by somebody to hide a front door key in the garden. I know that's not a very romantic conclusion to the mystery but in the absence of any dental records, dna or fingerprints it's the best I can up with unfortunately.
It's just been pointed out to me that gnomes don't have DNA or fingerprints either . . .

Guess that's why I'm not a Senior GFF Official.

Anyhow, Clwydd Headquarters staff are now ready to do whatever it takes to fix up our mystery gnome.

And the now-famous GFF training seminar works wonders on all known gnome types . . . with or without fingerprints & DNA.

rogerw3

Re: Gnome DNA & Fingerprints

Post by rogerw3 » 15 April 11 1:02 am

pjmpjm wrote:
It's just been pointed out to me that gnomes don't have DNA or fingerprints either . . .

Guess that's why I'm not a Senior GFF Official.

Anyhow, Clwydd Headquarters staff are now ready to do whatever it takes to fix up our mystery gnome.

And the now-famous GFF training seminar works wonders on all known gnome types . . . with or without fingerprints & DNA.
:gnome :twisted:
You have to remember that Gnomes are magical creatures, however they cannot practise magic but are very suggestible to it. In fact because of their magical nature their essence resides in every part of their body so that if you have a large enough body part (a foot will do it!) you can transplant it on a whole body and restore the Gnome, of course he will look different but it will be the same Gnome.
The problem is finding a donor body, but Gnome do suffer from heart conditions due to their strong coffee addiction and other disorders due mainly to their bad eating habits. If the gnome has died of natural causes his essence dies with the body, but if the Gnome dies by violence his essence remains intact in the separate body parts. In fact you could creates several copies of the same Gnome, but that practise is frowned upon.
:gnomette :stabby

pjmpjm

Gnome Cloning & GeoGraduate

Post by pjmpjm » 15 April 11 2:20 pm

rogerw3 wrote:so that if you have a large enough body part (a foot will do it!) you can transplant it on a whole body and restore the Gnome, of course he will look different but it will be the same Gnome.The problem is finding a donor body
This sounds like a good plan, if GeoGraduate's mum agrees . . .

Otherwise, poor GG is going to spend the rest of his life impersonating diminutive blue tupperware . . .

Bronnie_1990
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found
Twitter: bronnie1990

Re: Gnome Cloning & GeoGraduate

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 15 April 11 2:54 pm

pjmpjm wrote:
rogerw3 wrote:so that if you have a large enough body part (a foot will do it!) you can transplant it on a whole body and restore the Gnome, of course he will look different but it will be the same Gnome.The problem is finding a donor body

Otherwise, poor GG is going to spend the rest of his life impersonating diminutive blue tupperware . . .
ROFL.

Yes. I gotta see this :)

rogerw3

Re: Gnome Cloning & GeoGraduate

Post by rogerw3 » 15 April 11 4:09 pm

bubbles_baby123 wrote:
pjmpjm wrote:

ROFL.

Yes. I gotta see this :)
Obviously this cannot be done without the consent of the Gnome's family his mother comes to mind. But rest assured that the GFF has the medical expertise to do this very delicate surgery, all we require is a donor body and the family's consent.

:gnome :-k

pjmpjm

GFF Gnome Surgery on YouTube

Post by pjmpjm » 15 April 11 4:27 pm

rogerw3 wrote:Obviously this cannot be done without the consent of the Gnome's family -- his mother comes to mind. But rest assured that the GFF has the medical expertise to do this very delicate surgery, all we require is a donor body and the family's consent. :gnome :-k
I suppose it's too much to ask for a YouTube video of the whole 'delicate' operation . . .

blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 15 April 11 7:14 pm

I have Junior Gnomal here and he is missing a foot. In fact, it seems that GeoGraduate's Mum was the cause of the missing foot [-X

It might seem appropriate to do some sort of "merging" of these two caches :shock:

There would need to be a bit of magic pixie dust (mixed with a good dollop of plaster) for the foot to be made to "fit" Junior but I think the GFF would be up to the task.

pjmpjm

Waiting for Re-Bourne the Mystery Gnome

Post by pjmpjm » 18 April 11 12:32 am

blossom* wrote:I have Junior Gnomal here and he is missing a foot. In fact, it seems that GeoGraduate's Mum was the cause of the missing foot [-X It might seem appropriate to do some sort of "merging" of these two caches :shock: There would need to be a bit of magic pixie dust (mixed with a good dollop of plaster) for the foot to be made to "fit" Junior but I think the GFF would be up to the task.
The GFF is still waiting to hear from Silke of CITO about the mystery gnome. Then we'll see what kind of treatment might be possible.