Welcome to the Easter 2012 Oz Mega Event

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
steptoe
1650 or more caches found

Re: Welcome to the Easter 2012 Oz Mega Event

Post by steptoe » 28 April 11 10:54 am

Steptoe and the crew plan to be there.
2A, 2 teens, unsure about the 20yrold, she may decide to go to dragonskin, will know closer to the time.

I'll chat to a couple of newer local cachers - see if I can inspire them to come too.

crane2
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by crane2 » 06 May 11 3:55 pm

Have just checked when the school holidays andYES I can attend! Just 1 adult at this stage.

ikkibrady

Post by ikkibrady » 07 May 11 4:57 pm

we will be there. 2 adults one child. very excited about this one :D

steptoe

Post by steptoe » 08 May 11 4:09 pm

A few weeks ago I decided to "fill in the caching calendar" in the GC stats, ](*,)
and the final date of the 120-odd days I needed to do a cache turns out to be the final day of OzMega.
Guess I will have to make sure I have at least one cache to do there before we leave for home.

the farmers 5
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Post by the farmers 5 » 09 May 11 8:06 pm

steptoe wrote:A few weeks ago I decided to "fill in the caching calendar" in the GC stats, ](*,)
and the final date of the 120-odd days I needed to do a cache turns out to be the final day of OzMega.
Guess I will have to make sure I have at least one cache to do there before we leave for home.
There will be a CITO clean up event on the Easter Monday that should get your daily target find onsite if an event counts in those statistics.

nowhere2Bseen
350 ? I am the lizard queen
350 ? I am the lizard queen

Post by nowhere2Bseen » 15 May 11 9:01 pm

Nowhere2Bseen and MissyLJ will be making the trek across a couple of state borders to attend this one in the Grean Machine aka theGeo-Ute :D

mr_roo
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Post by mr_roo » 16 May 11 10:55 am

Mr_roo will be there but probably wont camp on site, relations in Thurgoona :)

cruisinblues

Post by cruisinblues » 17 May 11 9:28 pm

The Cruisinblues from Murrayville VIctoria will be attending. 2 Adults and 3 Kids (7, 5, 3). We'll be putting up the Tent.

Oz Mega Committee
Location: Committee for OZ MEGA geocaching mega events around Australia.We are a non profit incorporated assoc

Post by Oz Mega Committee » 17 May 11 10:03 pm

The Committee would like to give the latest update to the event.
Everything is on track and all set for the geocaching.com page to be published .

We have been implementing all the components needed to be in place over the last 3 months. The ABN and TAX File numbers are set. The Committee is a fully incorporated association.The insurance is all set.All details are set at the Albury Wodonga Equestrian centre which is a credit to both Albury and Australia for its professional olympic style set up.

The Albury City Council and Albury tourism have to be fully applauded in their assistance in all areas.

The website and cache page are ready and both will feature all the details . The tabs at the top of the website feature 1 /Homepage 2/ Committee plus teams assisting with websites/ logo's /advisors 3/ Sponsors 4/ Meals 5/ Camping 6/ Registration 7/ Games 8/ Itinerary 9 /FAQ

We will be asking for " Will Attends " on the published date . This date will be a weekday on the first week of June. Our friendly aussie worker at Groundspeak will publish the event in advance late in the afternoon in Seattle, which will be 9 am in Australia. Will attends will be available immediately and Registration will be open from August.

The Oz Mega Committee thanks all for your patience and we look forward to your team " Will Attends " in the near future.

Thankfully,
Greg
President.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 17 May 11 10:56 pm

Now just don't put the event on your watchlist when the Will Attends open unless you want a lot of emails :)

Dicksontwo
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by Dicksontwo » 17 May 11 11:07 pm

Excitement builds! :D But the winter migration north of the Victorian sub-species of the Great Grey Nomads also gets underway at the beginning of June so this pair don't know where they will have alighted to rest when the 9.00 am day breaks! 8-[

Calypso62

Post by Calypso62 » 18 May 11 4:13 pm

I would love to attend this event. Not sure if I can talk the better half into it so for now, just put me down for 1 adult. I'm travelling down from Sydney.
Cheers, Calypso62

Burton's
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by Burton's » 18 May 11 9:23 pm

Burton's will be there x 2 and camping on site :D

Varuna
2350 or more caches found
2350 or more caches found

Post by Varuna » 23 May 11 9:22 pm

Count me. I'll be there from WA \:D/

mark_rattigan
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched
Twitter: m_ratt

Post by mark_rattigan » 24 May 11 8:52 pm

Bewilderbeest wrote:I'm having simiilar feelings to some posters in another thread in that Im having trouble following whats what. Perhaps Im easily confused.

Can we have two threads please? One for "Information about the 2012 Mega event" and one for people to post their intent to attend?
the farmers 5 wrote: Thanks for the enquiry Peter.
This thread here is just for posting intents.
We are starting a new thread next week , that will have just event updates on it until the GC.com page is published in May/ June.
Oz Mega Committee wrote:Just an update from the Committee with exactly one year to go to the start of the first ever 5 day event. :D
Oz Mega Committee wrote:The Committee would like to give the latest update to the event.
Everything is on track and all set for the geocaching.com page to be published .
Was a second thread ever started with event updates on it rather than here? I'm still reluctant to sift through intents posted here for the few updates that occur despite the above promise.