Welcome to the Easter 2012 Oz Mega Event

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
the farmers 5
4500 or more caches found
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Re: Welcome to the Easter 2012 Oz Mega Event

Post by the farmers 5 » 24 May 11 9:41 pm

Was a second thread ever started with event updates on it rather than here? I'm still reluctant to sift through intents posted here for the few updates that occur despite the above promise.
Thanks for the question.
A second thread was going to start but it cant be locked we found out ,to just have Committee updates on it.

We intend on having an update thread in a few weeks, so we are still on track.
Because we are listing the event in the first week of June as opposed to October last time, the updates will be spread out more.
But, thats a good thing.

So, yes, there will be a new thread in a few weeks after the event is published.We haven't forgotten about it.
Thankfully,
Greg.

skullracer1

Post by skullracer1 » 27 May 11 9:15 pm

Imagine our surprise to discover an Aus Mega at our doorstep \:D/ . Of course we will be there, 2 adults & 1 halfling from Albury. Happy to lend assistance.

Oz Mega Committee
Location: Committee for OZ MEGA geocaching mega events around Australia.We are a non profit incorporated assoc

Post by Oz Mega Committee » 29 May 11 8:23 pm

After many months of preparations, Australia's next mega event is set for release.

This Thursday at 9 AM, the OZ MEGA ALBURY WODONGA will be published in the NSW section.

The Committee will ask for "Will Attends " and registrations will open from August.
We are 5 months ahead of our predicted schedule ,which gives us ample time to streamline as we go.

Both Groundspeak and the Albury City Council have been 100% committed and keen in all aspects of this large anticipated event.

The Committee will make its final 3 days of adjustments on the website and make a final confirmation Wednesday night that everything is ready for Thursday morning.

Thankfully,
Greg
President

gazmag
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by gazmag » 29 May 11 8:33 pm

Thank you to the Committee and all it's helpers......

Will there be a link on this venue to the new web site??

webwitch
100 or more tracks walked
Twitter: robynls

Post by webwitch » 29 May 11 9:24 pm

Sounds like a mass of fun. Count in one adult.

Oz Mega Committee
Location: Committee for OZ MEGA geocaching mega events around Australia.We are a non profit incorporated assoc

Post by Oz Mega Committee » 29 May 11 9:30 pm

gazmag wrote:Thank you to the Committee and all it's helpers......

Will there be a link on this venue to the new web site??
The geocaching.com page has the website attached already right in the middle. Either side of it are two large green circles saying "click here ". :D
As stated we will start a new thread in a few weeks with updates on it. We will post the website link at the start of the new thread. It will take many weeks for geocachers to become aware its even listed as not all look at the forums and not all look at the NSW cache listings.
Four days of slight adjustments, but all is set.
Thank you for the question. :D

Oz Mega Committee

Post by Oz Mega Committee » 01 June 11 7:12 pm

Tomorrow morning , Thursday, 2 nd June at 9AM, the OZ MEGA ALBURY WODONGA event will appear at the top of the NSW listings on geocaching.com.
Hopefully, C@W can work his magic and place it in the top banner here on Geocaching Australia.

The page has a link to the website with all the tabs of information posted across the top.
Most of the information you need 10 months out is there.

The meals list and prices will be added at a later date but will be similar to Wagga if you attended.

The Oz Mega Committee will please ask for "will attends " from teams. We ask you list how many you think are attending / town and state you reside / if camping , powered site or staying in Albury.
Then the total of people at the end.
Dont worry too much if you state 6 and 3 only make it or/ dont worry if you state 2 and 4 end up attending.
This stage just gives us ideas of numbers plus percentage staying on site. :D
We understand many teams will not know holiday availability and work rosters 10 months out, so it will take many weeks, months and probaly to xmas till alot know. :D :D

We please ask all teams not to place questions on the page as other teams will tend to answer them and people will be on "watchlists " and all this will filter thru to emails.
The Committee has provided 2 places to email the Committee for questions but we figure the questions wont be as many as a large percentage have been to a MEGA and sort of know what goes on.

We understand many will want to know much details about meals , stallholder availablity, games details, pathtags and many other components .We have about 80% percent of details on the website and information will appear as we update it.
As promised, we will start a new thread for Committee updates in a few weeks. :D

At this stage we wish to thank everybody who has been of assistance just to get to this stage.We are 5 months ahead of predictions. Much thanks must go to Groundspeak, Albury City Council , the Sponsors, with all the rest listed on the website who have been directly involved. :D

The Oz Mega Committee now looks forward to your "Will Attends " from 9 am tomorrow morning and its all fingers crossed now for everything to fall into place at 9am.

Thankfully,
Greg
President.

Team Pathfinder
6000 or more caches found

Post by Team Pathfinder » 02 June 11 10:20 am

:cry: sitting waiting, refreshing, refreshing the screen but nothing yet! Maybe it's 9am WA time? :D

PrincessDiala
2300 or more caches found
2300 or more caches found

Post by PrincessDiala » 02 June 11 10:22 am

Team Pathfinder wrote::cry: sitting waiting, refreshing, refreshing the screen but nothing yet! Maybe it's 9am WA time? :D
Me too!

webwitch
Twitter: robynls

Post by webwitch » 02 June 11 10:43 am

Team Pathfinder

Post by Team Pathfinder » 02 June 11 10:47 am

Sorry to be misleading - I actually meant that I was refreshing the the NSW GC.com page :oops:

The Coffee's

Post by The Coffee's » 02 June 11 11:51 pm

It is still a long way to go for the OZ Mega Albury, but we need your help. Unfortunately in the states other
than NSW Geocachers will not see the release of the Oz Mega for next Easter, so we are asking for your help
to let other geocachers know about it that perhaps do not visit this forum or only log onto their state.
We want to try and set a record number of people and teams for this upcoming event and we can only do it with your help.
Regards
Mr.Coffee

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 03 June 11 12:28 am

Mr.Coffee and the Clan wrote:It is still a long way to go for the OZ Mega Albury, but we need your help. Unfortunately in the states other than NSW Geocachers will not see the release of the Oz Mega for next Easter, so we are asking for your help to let other geocachers know about it
Yes I see it hasn't yet popped up on the mega listing on the GC newsletter that comes out regularly. Annoying (though I don't know if anyone reads the whole thing anyway). Even NSW cachers may not see it if they are just doing PQs for local caches rather than the whole state. And even if they do get the whole state, are they going to look at Albury caches if that is a long way from home.

Have to get the word out somehow, maybe edit any of your hides to mention the event with a link to it. So hopefully people not on the forums see it.

Team Pathfinder

Post by Team Pathfinder » 03 June 11 12:33 am

I like the idea of editing hides - will make up some cards to go into our caches. Log books which clearly shows the Oz Mega coming soon. =D>

Hoojar
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by Hoojar » 03 June 11 9:41 am

Richary wrote:Yes I see it hasn't yet popped up on the mega listing on the GC newsletter that comes out regularly. Annoying.
I will not appear in that newsletter as it is listed as an Event, not a Mega Event.

Which brings me to my next question. I seem to recall that following the last Mega Event we were told that future Mega Event would be listed as Mega Events immediately as 'we' had already proven that we had the numbers to support such a claim. I am positive that I read that on the forums somewhere in the wash-up after the last one?