Trig points - a general discussion

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Re: Trig points - a general discussion

Post by Yurt » 06 October 12 6:56 pm

Well I don't think I will catch him now!

On another topic, I was recently in NZ which is awash with well maintained trigs - apparently they still use some of them to track movement of the Shaky Isles. Saw an interesting display which included trigs at the Wellington Museum (Te Papa).

Logged a few trigs in our travels but I just looked one up and found it's never been published. Assume there's not the interest in a GCA site in NZ so no one logs them on here. I don't know if there's another site that does them though. I did publish a trig in New Plymouth last year but no one has logged that since.

Anyway I did all the duties for logging a trig at Te Mata Peak and then found it was an Earthcache. Having done the trig duties I'd actually done all the EC duties as well as I was well-armed to answer the questions, plus I had the photo! Just found that this trig has never been published either.

Saw a heck of a lot of trigs on our drive around the North Island but opportunities to stop and record were few and far between. Still I will publish and log the few I did do.

pjmpjm
6000 or more caches found
Twitter: Booroobin

rogerw3's 500 Trigs

Post by pjmpjm » 06 October 12 9:09 pm

As everyone probably knows by now, rogerw3 successfully reached his goal of finding 500 trigs logged with our 18 km bush bashing expedition to Euroka Trig in the Blue Labyrinth, on October 1st, together with two members of Team Canary.

We've all written up our adventures -- probably the toughest trig we've ever logged -- so I won't repeat them here.

Just a final 'Good work, mate!' to rogerw3! =D> =D> =D>

pjmpjm
Twitter: Booroobin

New Zealand Trigs

Post by pjmpjm » 06 October 12 9:12 pm

Thanks to Yurt for his observations about trigs located under the Long White Cloud.

I would think it's perfectly OK to register them here at GCA.

Might see what rogerw3 thinks . . .

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Re: New Zealand Trigs

Post by CraigRat » 06 October 12 9:19 pm

pjmpjm wrote: I would think it's perfectly OK to register them here at GCA.
Absolutley.

We'd love to get more things happening in the Shakies here on GCA. Trigs might be a good way to break the ice over there!