Qld cachers and the Qld floods

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Qld cachers and the Qld floods

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 04 January 11 7:38 pm

I recieved an email from GUripper and DGT today regards our welfare in the devastating floods in Qld, specifically the floods in the Central Qld area.

Fortunately, Gladstone was almost unaffected by the flooding. Extensive flooding to our south, west and north, but nothing serious here. My only personal issue is my inability to get to work. I havent worked since Xmas eve, as the road out west is cut in numerous places, with up to 3 metres of water over the road in places. In addition, the railway is damaged severely out where I work, so even if I was at work, there would be no work to do, the system is presently shut down. Fortunately, I am still being paid. A few of my caches are disabled. Some are currently underwater.

There are cachers in Rockhampton, and Bundaberg, who I dont have any information on, but I believe Team Fuddley in Bundy is OK. Perhaps some of those cachers could post up how they are going.

I thank the caching friends around Australia who may have given us a thought and wondered how Jenny and I, and the girls were surviving. We are perfectly OK. There are hundreds of people who are far worse off than us.

Cheers
Bundy

Fuddley
1950 or more caches found
1950 or more caches found
Location: Hastings NZ GPSr: Garmin Oregon 300 GPSr: Tom Tom XL one GPSr: Garmin Etrex Vista

Re: Qld cachers and the Qld floods

Post by Fuddley » 04 January 11 9:46 pm

As Bundy has already said we are fortunate not to have been flooded were we are in Bundaberg, I did a tour of some of our caches today and out of the 50 odd the we own only 5 have been effected. It was how ever quite disturbing to see the damage that has been done to other peoples lives. It is very pleasing to see everyone mucking in to help out were they can.

I would also like to say thanks to those how have showed concern as to our welfare, but like Bundy we are safe and well.

Cheers everyone and our thoughts are with those not as lucky as us

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Re: Qld cachers and the Qld floods

Post by Richary » 04 January 11 11:31 pm

Best wishes to everyone up there affected, and I hope cachers homes are out of the water. Rockhampton looks particularly nasty and I was up there a few months ago, seeing the water level in the main street where I was on last night's news showed how bad things are there.

Hope you are all safe, and not too many caches disappearing towards the ocean.