Launching Australia's "OZ MEGA ADVENTURE"

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
micaparamedic

Re: Launching Australia's "OZ MEGA ADVENTURE"

Post by micaparamedic » 18 December 10 3:14 pm

After the success of the first Oz Mega, wouldn't miss it. 1 Adult Bendigo Vic

The Coffee's
4500 or more caches found

Post by The Coffee's » 18 December 10 4:05 pm

At the time I am writing this 3.25pm I have received many phone calls and a few emails which have been of great support,
there has been a few issues raised and I feel they are worth writing about.
Firstly it would be difficult to make everyone 100% happy and as much as I personally would like to some will always want something different. With that said the major issues are moving camp from one location to the next, boot scooting country and western music and the competitions.

The idea of moving camp may be a pain and an inconvenience to some but it is part of the structure of the event, I never thought this would be a problem as we have often camped and cached along a trail over a weekend.

The country and western music issue is something that the committee will discuss and I have a few ideas to discuss, one idea depending on logistics could be an inflatable movie screen for the kids to watch a movie giving the parents a break, stay tuned on this thought.

The competition is designed to take you to places that you may never visit if it were not for geocaching. It is designed to be fun, easy and worth the time to participate. It was and is noted the comments from the Monopoly game at Wagga Wagga being too long. I have also spoken to many who loved that competition so again you cant keep everyone 100% happy.

The idea of the competition and stage events are to try to get everyone together to mix and talk.

Please keep the phone calls and emails coming if you feel you would to comment off the forum and my contact details are
mobile coffee hotline: 0401496649 email: georgei@bigpond.net.au and when I fix up Skype I will add that.
Regards
Mr.Coffee and the "we should add a tour of a coffee bean farm to the event" Coffee Clan.

Spruce Mooses
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Post by Spruce Mooses » 18 December 10 7:44 pm

Hey all, We would have loved too, and if It was more of a sit and stay in one place kinda event we might have, but we'll have a 10 month old by then so will probably be off the cards for us.

I do agree with a few of the dissenters about the country/western music. really can't deal with that (not that I expect everyone to like the bagpipe fueled punk rock that I listen too! :lol: ) Mr Coffee, your idea of a movie night would be heaps better and appeal to more people.

shrek4
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by shrek4 » 18 December 10 7:52 pm

Spruce Mooses wrote:we'll have a 10 month old by then so will probably be off the cards for us. .
Snap! Ours it due June 16th 2011. We still plan to attend, just more stuff to take! #-o

The Coffee's

Post by The Coffee's » 18 December 10 8:44 pm

Spruce Mooses wrote:Hey all, We would have loved too, and if It was more of a sit and stay in one place kinda event we might have, but we'll have a 10 month old by then so will probably be off the cards for us.
What a perfect age to introduce a baby to geocaching. Create a profile and we can have a prize for the youngest registered cacher attending.
There will be plenty of Mums with older teenagers willing to help with a baby :roll: :lol: :lol:

Deputy D0g

Post by Deputy D0g » 18 December 10 10:34 pm

Sounds great will be there.... looking forward to exploring the region
4 x Adult from Sydney

ruzzelz
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by ruzzelz » 18 December 10 11:08 pm

I consider that the organisers have put together a great package for what promises to be a potentially very enjoyable weekend packed with different experiences. =D>

I’m not sure why there is a level of concern about the two different event locations as clearly it would appear there is no compulsion to do other than attend Gundagai by 10:00 am on the Saturday. :-k

Those attending WILL, I'm sure, truly experience Australia's "OZ MEGA ADVENTURE" \:D/

However, attendance on my part will be based on existing prior commitments, work, travel and family circumstances.

Dvixen
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found
Twitter: Dvixen, Geowhat

Post by Dvixen » 19 December 10 12:39 am

shrek4 wrote:
Spruce Mooses wrote:we'll have a 10 month old by then so will probably be off the cards for us. .
Snap! Ours it due June 16th 2011. We still plan to attend, just more stuff to take! #-o
We did the 2010 Oz Mega (and ran a vendor booth) with a 6 week old in tow. What an experience! Every hurdle after the Mega weekend was cake :D

There was always someone nearby who wanted a cuddle, which helped heaps!

Tiger-Monkey (her registered handle) wasn't the youngest one there, either. :mrgreen:

[edit - oooo an outdoor movie, that would be FANTASTIC! I haven't been to one of those in years!]

Jellyfish

Post by Jellyfish » 19 December 10 2:53 am

After all the fun I had at the first Oz Mega event, how could I miss this one!!

It will be good to see everyone again. And I promise to behave this time, or at least try to behave.

And based on conversations in various forums on this side of the Pacific, it looks like there will be many more cachers from North America attending the 2nd Oz Mega-Event.

Propeller-head

Post by Propeller-head » 19 December 10 7:25 am

We will attend, Propeller-head, Maggot-man and Caching Candy from Victoria \:D/

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 19 December 10 7:41 am

we have not showed intention so yep we will e there ! with a bit of luck ! the idea of the outdoor movie is the grooviest, anything between "toy story" and "pulp fiction" would be cool, my vote is the later, hehe :lol:
or anybody got a copy of "convoy" lol, see you all in 2012

TiedyeSmileys
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by TiedyeSmileys » 19 December 10 9:38 am

We intend to come at this stage (2xadults) although we will possibly be living in another state by then and have no idea what leave at a new work will be available.
Being self contained in a van we will have by then and gypsies at heart, we have no problems shifting campgrounds at a drop of a hat and actually look forward to it. We also have no problems at all if the areas are not 'cache rich' as others have mentioned as we are there more for the event.
Keep up the good work

GhostGums
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by GhostGums » 19 December 10 11:36 am

Are there co-ordinates for Laurel Hill Lodge? I just want to plot it out on google earth. :D

the farmers 5
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Post by the farmers 5 » 19 December 10 12:05 pm

GhostGums wrote:Are there co-ordinates for Laurel Hill Lodge? I just want to plot it out on google earth. :D
Thanks for the question that will assist others too. :D
The closest cache is lochinvar GC1E9YG. If you zoom in on the google map and go exactly 5 km 's towards Tumba',there it is in this pristine location.
Thank you.

GhostGums
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by GhostGums » 19 December 10 12:16 pm

the farmers 5 wrote:
GhostGums wrote:Are there co-ordinates for Laurel Hill Lodge? I just want to plot it out on google earth. :D
Thanks for the question that will assist others too. :D
The closest cache is lochinvar GC1E9YG. If you zoom in on the google map and go exactly 5 km 's towards Tumba',there it is in this pristine location.
Thank you.
Thanks for that. :mrgreen:

In google earth the co-ordinates are 35° 38.607'S 148° 4.224'E