commerical caching?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
mtrax

commerical caching?

Post by mtrax » 08 December 10 4:12 pm

just another FYI just saw this appear on my android but I think theres a Iphone version too:
http://www.dreamwalkmobile.com/
seems more like a way to get some "coupon" like finds I have only looked at the youtube on the site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbJHCwdUITk so I'm not an expert.
ie a business shows free donuts come and get it.. not sure if there are any catches but sorta geo related.
ps only seems to be for Melb.

Team Rubik

Re: commerical caching?

Post by Team Rubik » 08 December 10 5:52 pm

I was going to post something about this a couple of weeks ago, the two guys that started this up are from Shepparton.

DreamWalk

Post by DreamWalk » 09 December 10 4:12 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm Sam, one of the creators of DreamWalk. Thanks for posting our link! DreamWalk is indeed a commercialized form of geocaching, but we are not a coupon service. We require advertisers to give away completely free, no strings attached prizes to get placement on our map. Basically we love geocaching and thought it would be great if you could get some real life rewards for doing it (other than the experience of course!) and found the best way to get valuable treasures on the map was to have them advertiser sponsored. We have amongst other things free clothing vouchers, pizzas, slabs of soft drink, personal training sessions and even had a vintage bike on the map for opening weekend!
Currently we have Android and iPhone software, and only Melbourne coverage but are looking to expand up the Eastern seaboard in the coming few months. We are a small team and securing all the treasures is a massive job so if anyone would like to help or get involved in any way feel free to shoot me an email at info@dreamwalkmobile.com.

Cheers and happy hunting

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 09 December 10 10:01 pm

Don't really see the point of getting rewards for caching in my opinion.
If you aren't getting the enjoyment out of it for cachings sake, you're in the wrong sport!

covert
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by covert » 10 December 10 11:27 am

Hi DreamWalk. How do the Tokens work ?

Justin D

Post by Justin D » 10 December 10 11:35 am

I disagree MtnLioness, i think it's a great idea. If an advertiser wants to give me a free pizza for a bit of caching (which I would do for fun anyway) bring it on!!

DreamWalk

Post by DreamWalk » 10 December 10 12:03 pm

covert wrote:Hi DreamWalk. How do the Tokens work ?
Hi Covert,
The tokens require you to go to multiple locations and collect a token. Once you collect your first token the app will notify you of how many more you need to collect to receive your prize. Let me know if you have any more questions!