Caching

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
ChemicalCarnage

Caching

Post by ChemicalCarnage » 15 November 10 3:38 pm

I have a great spot for a geocache. How do I make/register one?

Happy Chappies
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Re: Caching

Post by Happy Chappies » 15 November 10 3:51 pm

Hi, and welcome!

All the information you need on how to hide are here: http://wiki.geocaching.com.au/wiki/Hiding_a_cache

Having said that (and assuming that you're new to the game - correct me if you're not) it's also a really good idea to go out and do plenty of caches of different types and in different places before you hide your first. You'll learn a lot and it'll make sure your first hide is one you'll be proud of further down the track. I know my first could've been a lot better if I'd done that! [ :oops: ]

ChemicalCarnage

Post by ChemicalCarnage » 15 November 10 3:54 pm

Thanks. I am new. I decided to join when me and my friend found one in Mossman and I thought it would be really awesome to do some for Coogee.

nibbler
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by nibbler » 15 November 10 4:42 pm

Hi Chemical carnage

Welcome to geocaching sport no obsession !!!! When I did my first hide I tried to read as much as I could before placing the cache i.e how to get the co ords correct ,interesting location,enough and correct amount of information and the difficulty correct. This saves you a whole lot if frustration later if you have to move it cause there is another cache nearby. ( I know I've done it myself...darn ](*,) )
Enjoy the sport and the thrill of the hide. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 15 November 10 7:34 pm

There are some nice caches around the Coogee area... but also some great spots which dont have one yet! \:D/ Have a look at your local ones and that way you will know which spots are taken, and which great views are still crying out for a cache. If you get any questions from reading the guidelines that you'd like help on (like what are the best containers, hiding hints etc) you have an army of advice here.

Welcome and Best of luck on the hunt ;)