Wagga Wagga under floods.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
the farmers 5
4500 or more caches found
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Re: Wagga Wagga under floods.

Post by the farmers 5 » 21 October 10 5:36 pm

Mr.Coffee and the Clan wrote:
the farmers 5 wrote: Some more images from the flash flooding around the Riverina over the weekend.

Well, if you can be somewhere around Hay, this weekend or SA the weekend after, you should be able to gather up a 100 or so. =D> =D>
Take a good pen and of course, we can only allow legimate finds and logs when the caches are returned to their exact tricky hiding spots ! :twisted: :twisted:
<p>
Return it as you found it, catch cache in fishing net-dry contents-sign log- take photo of cache-place container in running river- wave bye- log cache- post maintenance performed- post owner maintenance needed to adjust coordinates, next cache :lol: :lol: :lol:

The chances of you finding one cache floating past Hay this weekend would be a "million to one "and i would buy you $100 worth of Powerball tickets if you did. :roll: :roll: :roll:
The chances of you finding TWO at Hay floating past would be astronomical. :shock: :shock: :shock: Reward $100 in powerball tickets plus i will personally fly "postiegirl " in to meet you at GZ on the riverbank. :lol: :lol:
When you release them back in the water and wave goodbuy, Postiegirl will personally sing to you " Bound for South Australia ".
No stage or microphone-shes that good. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Alansee
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Alansee » 21 October 10 6:02 pm

GOSH! Some amazing photos there. Many thanks Greg for posting them. Just wondering how you got up so high to take that aerial one!?? :shock:

Best wishes to all those effected, especially Baby and Mrs Gopher and all of you who made the effort to get to the recent Victorian event and the nice presentation that you made to Team Crackers.

Hope things return to relative normal very soon. :D

Everlasting
10000 or more caches found

Post by Everlasting » 21 October 10 7:08 pm

My God - I was so shocked to see the photos. Couldn't believe it. Hope everything goes ok very soon.

I will think of you all (Geocachers).

Whitepaws9

Post by Whitepaws9 » 21 October 10 8:28 pm

OMG! My thought goes to baby & Mrs Gopher after their trip back to W.W with two cachers (forget their name sorry)after an event.
Gee that caravan park where I stayed before and after oz mega.
Also 'Pirate game' wow interesting see very dry then flood.
Thanks Varuna for let me know this news.
Take care

the farmers 5
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Post by the farmers 5 » 21 October 10 8:50 pm

Some before and after pictures of Adelong Falls on the way to Tumut.
This picture was taken in January this year and typical of the last 10 years or so.

The second picture below was taken on Saturday.There is a cache owned by "Cached " just near the people in the picture. You can see the same rock wall in the photo's even though the pictures are taken at different angles.

The third picture below is of Adelong's main bridge and road to Tumut.

The fourth picture is of Adelong's main street Saturday.

The Coffee's

Post by The Coffee's » 21 October 10 11:07 pm

Awesome pics Greg, can you get to Tumit?...Thinking about the way its flowing i think i will need a longer handle on the fishing net, now where's my Lilo? :lol: :lol: :lol:

baby&Mrs gopher

Post by baby&Mrs gopher » 23 October 10 9:37 pm

Mr Coffee all you need to sing as you go caching on the creeks and streams of the area is Row Row Row your boat with long paddles down the stream!!!!LOL :lol: :arrow:

The Coffee's

Post by The Coffee's » 23 October 10 10:28 pm

baby&Mrs gopher wrote:Mr Coffee all you need to sing as you go caching on the creeks and streams of the area is Row Row Row your boat with long paddles down the stream!!!!LOL :lol: :arrow:
<p>
Now that's a challenge, can I get down the stream without spilling my coffee? :shock: :lol: :lol:

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 25 October 10 10:22 am

I wonder if my cache survived...

the farmers 5

Post by the farmers 5 » 25 October 10 5:55 pm

Cached wrote:I wonder if my cache survived...

Going by one of the photo's posted on the cache page ,taken from the other side between the old gold mine ruins and from memory ,its touch and go. :shock: :shock: Have a look at the photo below of pre-flood times ,and the spot from memory, its very close. If its above the ragging torrent line , it will be by a whisker. Wont give too much away for you except to say its in the " Pine tree area ".:D :D :D
Wont know till the next team travels through,so fingers crossed for you " cached ".. PS/ Mr Coffee should be coming past on the rubber mat soon, so will get him to stop for a rest and coffee ,and check it out ! :shock: :shock: :shock:

the farmers 5

Post by the farmers 5 » 25 October 10 7:23 pm

Cached wrote:I wonder if my cache survived...

If yours did survive, its not looking good for the other cache in Adelong owned by Team DENMAR of Tumut. The other cache is located at the gold mining device in the main street. Both the picture on the cache page and the You Tube shot show a scary day in Adelong.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... cbad898320

You can see the GZ spot at the 52 second mark just to the right of the swamped car , just for a few seconds