Wagga Wagga under floods.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
caughtatwork

Re: Wagga Wagga under floods.

Post by caughtatwork » 18 October 10 9:46 pm

Big Matt and Shell wrote:
Team Pathfinder wrote::shock: :roll: That's disgusting, and I am being very polite! What kind of moron puts a log like that! Fortunately most of the geocaching community wishes all the best to Baby & Mrs Gopher and everybody else that has been affected by the recent flooding.
I'm sure if I wrote what I truly thought about this idiot c@w would probably suspend my account. You couldn't find a more accommodating couple, this is just disgusting.
But I know that you won't so the point in your case is moot.

However, as per my suggestion in another thread, we really don't want the reputation of GCA being a "snark pit", so while I agree that the comment was insensitive and uncalled for let's not pillory the folks who made the comments here. We do not want to descend to the same level that the GC forums suffer from on a daily basis where it seems to be "all snark, all the time".

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 18 October 10 9:54 pm

Sorry dad! 8-[

Team Wibble
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Team Wibble » 18 October 10 9:59 pm

caughtatwork wrote: we really don't want the reputation of GCA being a "snark pit",
....unless it's snarking about geocaching.com, which seems to be entirely acceptable and almost encouraged here at times :?:

Sorry for the threadjack, but while I agree we should keep the snark to a minimum, the frequent gc.com bashing is the one thing I really dislike about these otherwise fantastic forums.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 18 October 10 10:21 pm

I will just quote the last word of my email to the finder. "Twit".

There was 2 paragraphs before that.

Greenish
1200 or more Caches found
1200 or more Caches found

Post by Greenish » 18 October 10 10:25 pm

Poor Wagga, and all its inhabitants! Hopefully the flood waters will recede soon?

baby&Mrs gopher

Post by baby&Mrs gopher » 19 October 10 7:00 am

Thanks for the thoughts all :oops: I know the Mrs and baby sometimes become bogged down in our chases as we guess it does with most :lol: The log was the concern of that individual team although thoughtless. [-X
We will recover but may be a bit of time before we get back to the game.
baby&Mrs gopher
AGAIN THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 19 October 10 8:08 am

the farmers 5 wrote: The large geocaching family will take note of your comments ,so beware on your travels. [-X [-X [/size]
This one was another...http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... bcddea3934
both these these team names will be remembered :stabby :stabby :stabby
Best of luck from here forward Baz and Anne

FarmerFrentzen
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by FarmerFrentzen » 19 October 10 8:11 pm

Team Pathfinder wrote::shock: :roll: That's disgusting, and I am being very polite! What kind of moron puts a log like that! Fortunately most of the geocaching community wishes all the best to Baby & Mrs Gopher and everybody else that has been affected by the recent flooding.
Unbelievable. [-X Obviously the 6 months of caching experience, 70 finds and zero hides makes one well qualified to make such inconsiderate and nonsensical remarks about people who have contributed so much to the geocaching community.

the farmers 5
4500 or more caches found
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Post by the farmers 5 » 19 October 10 9:11 pm

Some more photo's from the weekend around Wagga Wagga.

The first photo below is the Wagga Beach Caravan Park taken from the walking track side.The only thing standing is the toilet block in the centre. :roll: :roll: :roll:

We took the second photo below also on Sunday afternoon opposite the Oz Mega site. This is where the " Pirate Game " was contested by all.That huge depression dry for years -well thats it now. :shock: :shock:

Baz and Anne also lost there car in the floods and was towed away .Even the tow truck got bogged in their driveway. As Baz is a huge radio fanatic ,he also lost alot of equipement. :? :?
They wish to thank all concerned and especially the offer from the Canberra team who offered to travel to The Rock and assist.We are all thinking of you.

The picture below of Baz and Anne was taken at the recent 10 year anniversary event we all went to at Strath Creek, Victoria

The Coffee's

Post by The Coffee's » 19 October 10 10:19 pm

Great photo's Greg and good news to hear everyone is safe and dry. <p>
I think as the flood waters subside I will be taking a trip to SA for about 100 caches. Apparently all I need is a pen and a fishing net to catch the cache containers as they float past. Difficulty .5 terrain .5 :lol: :lol: :lol: .<p>
Regards Mr.Coffee and the "geonetting" Coffee Clan.

the farmers 5
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Post by the farmers 5 » 20 October 10 8:18 pm

Some more images from the flash flooding around the Riverina over the weekend.

The photo below is of the Hume Hwy at Holbrook on Saturday. :shock: :shock:

The next image below is an aerial shot of the Wagga Beach Caravan Park. In the middle left hand side of the picture is the entrance road down into the caravan park. :roll: :roll:

Mr.Coffee and the Clan wrote:Great photo's Greg and good news to hear everyone is safe and dry. <p>
I think as the flood waters subside I will be taking a trip to SA for about 100 caches. Apparently all I need is a pen and a fishing net to catch the cache containers as they float past. Difficulty .5 terrain .5 :lol: :lol: :lol: .<p>
Regards Mr.Coffee and the "geonetting" Coffee Clan.

Well, if you can be somewhere around Hay, this weekend or SA the weekend after, you should be able to gather up a 100 or so. =D> =D>
Take a good pen and of course, we can only allow legimate finds and logs when the caches are returned to their exact tricky hiding spots ! :twisted: :twisted:

The Coffee's

Post by The Coffee's » 20 October 10 10:07 pm

the farmers 5 wrote: Some more images from the flash flooding around the Riverina over the weekend.

The photo below is of the Hume Hwy at Holbrook on Saturday. :shock: :shock:

Well, if you can be somewhere around Hay, this weekend or SA the weekend after, you should be able to gather up a 100 or so. =D> =D>
Take a good pen and of course, we can only allow legimate finds and logs when the caches are returned to their exact tricky hiding spots ! :twisted: :twisted:
<p>
Return it as you found it, catch cache in fishing net-dry contents-sign log- take photo of cache-place container in running river- wave bye- log cache- post maintenance performed- post owner maintenance needed to adjust coordinates, next cache :lol: :lol: :lol:

pprass
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by pprass » 21 October 10 3:15 pm

Heck - and when we were doing that "Pirate Game" (one of the highlights for us BTW) we thought that area would never see water ever again!

And to Baz and Anne - we love you and will be thinking of you. (ps: hope you ignore people who obviously aren't fully aware of what happened to you guys)

crank1

Post by crank1 » 21 October 10 5:04 pm

Cant believe what happened there. Very sad to see as we had been at Caravan Park for two weeks while Oz Mega. Thanks for sharing with it. hope that caches are still alive there.

Big Matt and Shell
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 21 October 10 5:21 pm

pprass wrote:Heck - and when we were doing that "Pirate Game" (one of the highlights for us BTW) we thought that area would never see water ever again!
That's a thought, I wonder what that or the riverside rest area many of us stayed in the night before the mega look like now?