Can anyone bet this geocaching record?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Team Pathfinder
6000 or more caches found

Can anyone bet this geocaching record?

Post by Team Pathfinder » 29 September 10 1:34 pm

We recieved a whole heap of finds on our Geraldton geocaches over the past day all from Lem O Nade - a UK geocacher.

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/defau ... 6c0cb6e6a3

We thought that perhaps they had found our caches over several days in the area as it would be pretty difficult to get all of ours in one day due to their location/terrain. Then I checked our their geocaches profile page and started to wonder how they could be travelling so fast. I phoned home (as we are currently in QLD) and had our son check some log books only to find, yes you guessed it, no record of their visit! Today they are BACK logging caches in the UK after leaving Coolgardie yesterday - pretty good eh =D> I arent sure that our private jet could get us from Kal to UK that fast :lol: :lol:

I am very tempted to delete all of their logs but have sent them a note first asking if the dates on their logs (on the cache pages) are perhaps wrong and why they didnt sign the logs at the caches. You never know perhaps they are somehow disabled and cant write :lol: :lol:

gibbo003
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Re: Can anyone bet this geocaching record?

Post by gibbo003 » 29 September 10 2:04 pm

No way these are correct logs, I will be checking the one cache of mine they have logged in Darwin and no log signed then I will delete the the online log. It must be getting cold in the north this is when all the phantom loggers seem to come out to play.

Chwiliwr
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Chwiliwr » 29 September 10 7:15 pm

Looking at the dates in their logs they seem to have been in Victoria on the 22nd, Yuluru on the 23rd, Darwin on the 24th, Broome on the 25th Geraldton on the 26th and Kalgoorlie/Coolgardie on the 27th.

They could not have been driving so perhaps had their own aircraft if the logs are legit.

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 29 September 10 10:59 pm

Pesky! wrote:If you look at the list of caches they have found, they found a number of NSW cache , a long time before they created thier account, perhaps they have been travelling and changed cacher name and are trying to re-claim some of thier old finds,
which may explain some of thier actions. but it does seem a bit wierd.
Yeah they could have been a team which has split up and they are relogging what they remember... then again wouldnt it be easier to cut and paste a simple note saying as much in each cache? No reply = Delete the logs. No Sign, No Find.

gibbo003
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by gibbo003 » 29 September 10 11:20 pm

Have a look at the TB's they have picked up, they look a bit odd as well.

Team Pathfinder

Post by Team Pathfinder » 30 September 10 9:00 am

gibbo003 wrote:Have a look at the TB's they have picked up, they look a bit odd as well.

Hmmm.... I am just having a quick email check before we move on with the caravan but cant wait until morning tea stop and I can do a bit more detective work on it :)

gibbo003
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by gibbo003 » 30 September 10 11:37 am

Looks like they didn't read the notes on the cache in the UK where they grabbed the TB's. The TB's were in the cache for the start of a TB race. The owner of the cache didn't seem happy with the log they left. It's funny some people can make trouble where ever they go. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Team Pathfinder

Post by Team Pathfinder » 30 September 10 2:00 pm

Pretty much seals it that he is faking in my eyes - I just read the log he wrote on Team LRS ~ 5 of Spades TB page. He says quote "why don't people log the movement of trackables?
this was recovered from the Durham Travel Bug Hotel.

Will move on very soon - I have another international (round the world) business trip coming up!! "

Hmmm.. international business trip??? :shock: Well there is no way if he was on a business trip he could have made it to Geraldton collected our caches and made it out to Kalgoorlie to catch an OS flight back to UK in the time frame. One of our caches alone would have taken a 4wd and several hours to reach :)

Ah well he/she is giving me a bit of entertainment but I would be really peeved if he had my TB's at the moment as he probably isnt visiting the caches he is dropping them through :?

The Coffee's
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by The Coffee's » 30 September 10 10:25 pm

Just send a report to GC.com and they will investigate or at least send a note to the UMP. Interesting I may go and have a look at a couple of the caches in Melbourne.

Team Pathfinder

Post by Team Pathfinder » 05 October 10 11:28 am

Just couldnt resist taking a peak at where Lem-O-nade has been over the past couple of days :shock:

Brussells, France, South Africa and now Cuba! =D> =D> Now that's SPEED Geocaching :lol: :lol:

Oh forgot to add that I am deleting the ones he "found" of ours!

tronador
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 05 October 10 4:53 pm

It seems he was also caching in downtown Sydney and in the ACT on the same day, then in Victoria the next.
He logged a find on Fingers at the Wharf a few days before me and on the same day that Ozjeeper replaced the log. I can confirm that when I logged this cache the log scroll was clean, I was the first to sign the new log. Ozjeeper can check if Lem O Nade actually signed the old log before it was removed.

on4bam

Post by on4bam » 16 October 10 9:25 pm

Team Pathfinder wrote: Brussells, France, South Africa and now Cuba! =D> =D> Now that's SPEED Geocaching :lol: :lol:
For one of the caches is Brussels you need to know the words of our national anthem. Good for him that he could solve this (I would have to look it up :mrgreen: )
I guess this guy owns one of the now retired Concordes. However, he lacks the brains to understand that covering distance takes time.
France >> S. Africa >> Cuba in 2 days is pretty fast but getting to an airport that has flights to S. Africa from Angouleme (S. France) and once arrived go to Pretoria (from J'burg?) and back in time to fly to Havana....

Maybe I can mail him and ask for advice "for a future trip to Cuba" and how GPS use is looked upon by the authorities :twisted:

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 16 October 10 9:43 pm

How do you report someone is a doochebag to get them banned? I looked all over the site couldnt find the complaints area :-k