The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Renroc
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Re: The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

Post by Renroc » 16 January 11 11:22 pm

caughtatwork wrote:Consider it bent :-)
Many thanks C@W grateful just to see him in one piece but if he can continue the race all the better. Cheers.

Fairly Magic
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by Fairly Magic » 17 January 11 12:44 am

Ok, this gnoming has us hooked. I have been keenly watching the local gnomes for what feels like days and days waiting for them to be available. Managed to grab one on the way home today. Then went to bed with GNasty headache - double doses of painkillers and was feeling mighty fine :lol: Sirius arrives home after a weekend call in and whats this........... gnomes are being logged. Feel like caching says I? Yeah, after dinner. Food consumed and off we head. Not only did we manage to gnab all but one of the gnomes but it was our first proper night caching experience. \:D/ Certainly adds a new dimension to the game. Now I won't mind so much heading to work tomorrow, as I have a few :gnomette :gnome to hide. Cheers Quilter

petan
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Location: One foot on either side of the border (SE Qld/NE NSW)

Post by petan » 17 January 11 2:38 pm

I can certainly understand what you mean Fairly Magic. Gnoming has been a great way to spend the holidays since our plans of going on a road trip had certainly been washed away.

I can imagine the conversation at work when school resumes....what did you do on your holiday? Oh I went to Bali... what did you do? I caught and released several gnomes.

Renroc
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by Renroc » 17 January 11 2:44 pm

petan wrote:I can certainly understand what you mean Fairly Magic. Gnoming has been a great way to spend the holidays since our plans of going on a road trip had certainly been washed away.

I can imagine the conversation at work when school resumes....what did you do on your holiday? Oh I went to Bali... what did you do? I caught and released several gnomes.
I just looked at this message and realised that I had not actually written anything earlier. Must have been distracted.

My staff are used to me doing strange things in my holidays....

I know now what I was going to say. Petan.... you actually performed flood rescue during your holidays. Eromsil thanks you for saving his life.
Last edited by Renroc on 17 January 11 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

daryllm123

Post by daryllm123 » 17 January 11 9:45 pm

I have an anomoly with my gnomes, not sure how this happened but its interesting, i started the game with 8 gnomes in various hides in Se suburbs of Melbourne, one gnome went missing Billy i thought he was muggled as two weeks went by and no log was made, so i made another Billy and put him in the same spot were he was found, all was good my gnomes were all active now moving about around the countryside, last week i was looking at the gallery of one of my gnomes Mini Gnome and too much of my suprise he had grown bigger and changed apperances, what was going on i have an imposter, but no it appears that some how Mini has changed places with the original Billy that i thought was muggled, not sure where the original Mini has gone though, and how did Billy find Mini, very strange, think this may have happened during Pwags power trail at Keilor, suppose it doesnt realy matter as i still have 8 gnomes clocking up kms even if one is playing tag team :? . Can anyone shed some light on this Mystery

pwags
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by pwags » 17 January 11 11:00 pm

daryllm123 wrote:I have an anomoly with my gnomes, not sure how this happened but its interesting, i started the game with 8 gnomes in various hides in Se suburbs of Melbourne, one gnome went missing Billy i thought he was muggled as two weeks went by and no log was made, so i made another Billy and put him in the same spot were he was found, all was good my gnomes were all active now moving about around the countryside, last week i was looking at the gallery of one of my gnomes Mini Gnome and too much of my suprise he had grown bigger and changed apperances, what was going on i have an imposter, but no it appears that some how Mini has changed places with the original Billy that i thought was muggled, not sure where the original Mini has gone though, and how did Billy find Mini, very strange, think this may have happened during Pwags power trail at Keilor, suppose it doesnt realy matter as i still have 8 gnomes clocking up kms even if one is playing tag team :? . Can anyone shed some light on this Mystery
Haha! I did notice that the same GA number was written on the base of your two gnomes that I hid in the power trail. I assumed that the smaller of the two must have been Mini, so that's the one I logged at the place where I hid it.

So it sounds as though I actually had the two Billies? The mix-up must have therefore occurred prior to me finding them.

SamCarter
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by SamCarter » 18 January 11 10:17 am

daryllm123 wrote:I have an anomoly with my gnomes, .... {SNIP}
Surely that should be an "agnomaly".

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 18 January 11 11:47 am

SamCarter wrote:
daryllm123 wrote:I have an anomoly with my gnomes, .... {SNIP}
Surely that should be an "agnomaly".
::Groan::

Bronnie_1990
1000 or more caches found
Twitter: bronnie1990

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 18 January 11 2:02 pm

Quick question. Would it be too late to enter another gnome? :gnome

I just thought of a not-really-hilarious idea for one. :twisted:

Black Bunny

Post by Black Bunny » 18 January 11 5:57 pm

I would say never too late. Just remember to set the publishing and hidden dates to 1 Dec 2010

daryllm123

Post by daryllm123 » 19 January 11 9:44 pm

Doesnt really matter i was just curious about who was the FTF the first Billy, I still have 8 :gnome running around the country side and this race has been great fun :lol: , what happens to them after the race finishes do they stay as GCA movable caches like postman pat and scouts why knot.

Bronnie_1990
Twitter: bronnie1990

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 19 January 11 9:46 pm

yeah, they become normal moving GCA caches :)

I've got 3 in queensland, and 3 in sydney! This is exciting!

(I keep getting excited when i get "so and so moved.." emails!)

(and i'm about to get another one up and going, once i get around to making it..)

petan
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Location: One foot on either side of the border (SE Qld/NE NSW)

Post by petan » 19 January 11 10:59 pm

daryllm123 wrote:, what happens to them after the race finishes do they stay as GCA movable caches like postman pat and scouts why knot.
I'm hoping Doc will eventually return home and resume his place by our front door. Just think of all the stories he will have to tell.

I know this wil mean one less GCA cache but I have an idea for a GCA multi brewing in my head. Hopefully this 'replacement' will be sufficent.

Renroc
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by Renroc » 20 January 11 8:08 am

daryllm123 wrote:Doesnt really matter i was just curious about who was the FTF the first Billy, I still have 8 :gnome running around the country side and this race has been great fun :lol: , what happens to them after the race finishes do they stay as GCA movable caches like postman pat and scouts why knot.
I am hoping that Eromsil returns as I plan to change him to a fixed cache somewhere nearby. Not sure about Jiggly Jones though. He may just continue moving around.

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 20 January 11 9:00 am

When the race is over, perhaps someone should start a thread itemising the gnomes that people want back home. Then we can all keep an eye out for them, and bring them home, when the opportunity arises.

Wendy