The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bronnie_1990
1000 or more caches found
Twitter: bronnie1990

Re: The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 14 January 11 9:49 pm

emily~angel wrote:Not sure if anyone else picked up on this, but yesterday I was laying down watching channel 9s coverage of the QLD floods, they panned through some rubbish laying in the middle of a road, all the top soil etc, and smack bang in the middle there was a gnome, standing amongst it all....I didnt know weather to laugh or cry, and hoped someone else saw it and I was not going crazy...
oh wow...totally wish i saw that!

emily~angel
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Post by emily~angel » 14 January 11 9:52 pm

I screamed at my kids to come and look, but they didnt pan back to it, lol

Bronnie_1990
Twitter: bronnie1990

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 14 January 11 10:15 pm

if it was one of ours, it would of been either Ge-andiamo, Eromsil, or Sneezy..
(it wasnt mine. Unless GeoGraduate grew without me knowing..)

Renroc
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by Renroc » 14 January 11 11:24 pm

emily~angel wrote:Not sure if anyone else picked up on this, but yesterday I was laying down watching channel 9s coverage of the QLD floods, they panned through some rubbish laying in the middle of a road, all the top soil etc, and smack bang in the middle there was a gnome, standing amongst it all....I didnt know weather to laugh or cry, and hoped someone else saw it and I was not going crazy...
Hi emily~angel,
You didn't happen to notice :shock: what colour the gnome was did you?? Or where it was that the rubbish was found?? Eromsil was SES orange and was last seen out near Anna Bligh's plane hangar. It would be a miracle if it happened to be him. 8-[

blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 14 January 11 11:25 pm

I like your new avatar bubbles_baby. Much better than the head-spinning black blob!

Bewilderbeest
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by Bewilderbeest » 15 January 11 8:05 am

Thanks for changing your avatar Bubbles_baby123, the old one made my head hurt

tronador
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 15 January 11 10:48 am

Isn't there anyone in the Newcastle area that can help move 4 stranded gnomes, that have been languishing up there for the past week?
Where are you all?????

andiamo
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by andiamo » 15 January 11 4:59 pm

Bewilderbeest wrote:Thanks for changing your avatar Bubbles_baby123, the old one made my head hurt
ditto =D> \:D/ =D>

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 15 January 11 11:39 pm

andiamo wrote:
Bewilderbeest wrote:Thanks for changing your avatar Bubbles_baby123, the old one made my head hurt
ditto =D> \:D/ =D>
Me too, I used to scroll down so it left my view! :-"

emily~angel
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Post by emily~angel » 16 January 11 8:44 am

Renroc wrote:
Hi emily~angel,
You didn't happen to notice :shock: what colour the gnome was did you?? Or where it was that the rubbish was found?? Eromsil was SES orange and was last seen out near Anna Bligh's plane hangar. It would be a miracle if it happened to be him. 8-[

Sorry dont recall the colours as they were normal gnomy colours, if it had have been Orange then I would have remembered I am sure. I have no idea what area it was, it was one of the first footages of people going back near their houses for clean up by Brisbane, so figure it was near the river? but thats a guess. Wish they would show it again

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 16 January 11 5:57 pm

I feel sorry for that poor abandoned gnome in Swan Hill that's there every time I open the map!
If it were less than 700km from home I'd go and grab it! :gnome

petan
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Location: One foot on either side of the border (SE Qld/NE NSW)

Post by petan » 16 January 11 8:45 pm

emily~angel wrote:
Renroc wrote:
Hi emily~angel,

Sorry dont recall the colours as they were normal gnomy colours, if it had have been Orange then I would have remembered I am sure. I have no idea what area it was, it was one of the first footages of people going back near their houses for clean up by Brisbane, so figure it was near the river? but thats a guess. Wish they would show it again
Can't have been him... he was exactly where I left him. We went up to check on him today. Even the camo was still in place. However, probably illegally, I've moved him slightly, just to the other side of the runways. While the original spot is probably safe enough I didn't feel confident that it would stay so. Google tells me its only 2.15km in distance.

Rigger64
950 or more random things achieved
950 or more random things achieved

Post by Rigger64 » 16 January 11 9:35 pm

petan wrote:
emily~angel wrote:
Renroc wrote:
Hi emily~angel,

Can't have been him... he was exactly where I left him. We went up to check on him today. Even the camo was still in place. However, probably illegally, I've moved him slightly, just to the other side of the runways. While the original spot is probably safe enough I didn't feel confident that it would stay so. Google tells me its only 2.15km in distance.
Well in the case of what has just happen there i recon that the rules could/should be relaxed/bent a little considering that there is a fair chance that if he had not been moved he may very have been moved in a not so gracefull manner.

Just my 2c worth (Less Tax & GST)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 16 January 11 10:24 pm

Consider it bent :-)

petan
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Location: One foot on either side of the border (SE Qld/NE NSW)

Post by petan » 16 January 11 10:39 pm

caughtatwork wrote:Consider it bent :-)
Thanks C@W! :D

I would have been ok if it had have been disallowed - I guess because I've moved him three (now 4) times I've become somewhat fond of him.