The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Ozibags
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Re: The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

Post by Ozibags » 26 December 10 12:46 am

Roamin Gnome has escaped the Big Wet in Bundaberg, Qld and is presently drying out at Pt Noarlunga, SA. Go and say Hi to him if you're in the area.

Yurt
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 26 December 10 11:39 am

Zalgariath wrote:
Richary wrote:There seems to be a strip in Sydney where gnomes move quickly, not that far but back and forwards. Leave one outside that area and it tends to sit there for a while. Looks like the interested parties all live in one side of town. I've dropped 4 Perth gnomes here to be played with this afternoon anyway.
... and I grabbed them from the North to join the mass Gnome migration South of the River hahaha! 3 WA Gnomes for Xmas is what I got :twisted: None of the other Sydney Cachers have them so if they want them they are going to have to cross the the Bridge hahaha
Was gonna grab them today as family life precludes Xmas day caching but now they're in limbo. Am heading to the ACT tomorrow so need to go find some today for the exchange.

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 26 December 10 2:31 pm

Yurt wrote:
Zalgariath wrote:
Richary wrote:There seems to be a strip in Sydney where gnomes move quickly, not that far but back and forwards. Leave one outside that area and it tends to sit there for a while. Looks like the interested parties all live in one side of town. I've dropped 4 Perth gnomes here to be played with this afternoon anyway.
... and I grabbed them from the North to join the mass Gnome migration South of the River hahaha! 3 WA Gnomes for Xmas is what I got :twisted: None of the other Sydney Cachers have them so if they want them they are going to have to cross the the Bridge hahaha
Was gonna grab them today as family life precludes Xmas day caching but now they're in limbo. Am heading to the ACT tomorrow so need to go find some today for the exchange.
I'm heading out this afternoon to rehide them Yurt :D However probably best to leave the WA caches here in Sydney so the others have a chance to find them first. Take a few of the older Sydney caches that everyone has grabbed (two or threee time :P) with you

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 26 December 10 6:22 pm

Zalgariath wrote:
Yurt wrote:
Zalgariath wrote:
I'm heading out this afternoon to rehide them Yurt :D However probably best to leave the WA caches here in Sydney so the others have a chance to find them first. Take a few of the older Sydney caches that everyone has grabbed (two or threee time :P) with you
I had the ACT ones in my sights but I didn't think they'd appreciate getting them back just yet!

None of the others is within cooee of home so today I grabbed one from WA and another from SA. Will bring some back to make up for it.

Bronnie_1990
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found
Twitter: bronnie1990

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 26 December 10 6:40 pm

Yurt wrote:
Zalgariath wrote:
Yurt wrote:
Zalgariath wrote:
I had the ACT ones in my sights but I didn't think they'd appreciate getting them back just yet!

None of the others is within cooee of home so today I grabbed one from WA and another from SA. Will bring some back to make up for it.
I noticed, i'm quite glad you were the second last to find GeoLady. She can stay there a little longer thanks. :)
(but i'll appreciate fresh meat..wait what?)

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 26 December 10 9:07 pm

Grabbed a couple more today, I wonder how they will go if I move them up near Windsor tomorrow?

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 26 December 10 9:18 pm

Richary wrote:Grabbed a couple more today, I wonder how they will go if I move them up near Windsor tomorrow?
Possibly Well... Spindoc and I should be heading back through there late tomorrow arvo ;)

Richary

Post by Richary » 26 December 10 11:15 pm

If it's not raining I will be up there working on a mate's TV antenna, so if I go will place them in the morning/early afternoon and log them before starting the job then!

daryllm123

Post by daryllm123 » 26 December 10 11:54 pm

Who is going to go to Maffra, Sale, Strattford to pick up a heap of gnomes, there are a few of mine down there now, :-k

cathylmorgan

Post by cathylmorgan » 28 December 10 12:42 pm

daryllm123 wrote:Who is going to go to Maffra, Sale, Strattford to pick up a heap of gnomes, there are a few of mine down there now, :-k
If all else fails I will pick them up on my way up to the south coast of NSW - but i'm not going til 17th Jan - so hopefully they move before then!!

rogerw3

Post by rogerw3 » 29 December 10 10:49 pm

:D :gnome :twisted:

Well a full day of Gnome Gnapping, I managed to get hold of all 3 WA Gnomes after a long day.
Train from Lithgow to Strathfield, a couple hours walking chasing 2 Gnomes and 2 non Gnomic movables, back on the train Strathfield to Wentworth Falls, walk from Wentworth falls to Leura to pick up a 3rd WA Gnomes and drop of a couple. Back on the train from Leura to Mount Victoria for a short walk to hide the last Gnome and back on the train to get back to Lithgow.
All in all a successful and somewhat tiring day, but well worth it.

Gnomadic AusTracker, Gnome Kelly and Henry.

Once again the 3 WA refugee are together, very briefly before being separated again much to their disgust and threats of severe consequences as soon as they get together again.

:) :gnome :evil:

Renroc
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by Renroc » 31 December 10 9:22 am

If anyone is heading to the north coast of NSW we would LOVE some gnomes. All the ones locally now are either owned by locals and thus can't be moved or have been moved by other locals but there are not enough people moving them so 2 people have not moved yet to allow us to move them again.

Doc and Jiggly(my :gnome ) are in Armidale, Stealthy is on his way to Wollongong, Eromsil (my other :gnome ) is in Brisbane.
Panda(kyogle :gnome ) is in Coolangatta and is my closest gnome that I can move. 75km according to the lat/long but more than this by road.
Sneezy's Gnomic, GeGnome 4 Gnorton, Gnome-No-More(kyogle :gnome ) are further up the Gold Coast and Ladybug Tamer Gnome is in Ipswich.

My closest gnome in NSW is An Old Grey Gnomemad 334km away and it looks like he is MIA. Next comes GeGnome 7 Gneville who is 470km away.

We have a serious lack of gnomes up here so please anyone visiting if you bring a gnome it will get moved by eager movers here.

aussie-O's
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by aussie-O's » 31 December 10 11:22 am

Anyone brining anymore gnomes to WA, they are all seeming to drift East..... :gnomette :gnomette :gnome :gnome

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 31 December 10 6:55 pm

Ozibags wrote:Roamin Gnome has escaped the Big Wet in Bundaberg, Qld and is presently drying out at Pt Noarlunga, SA. Go and say Hi to him if you're in the area.
Shall be seeing the new year in with MtnLioness then travelling to the 1.1.11 event at the beach tomorrow to find a new travelling companion!

cathylmorgan

Post by cathylmorgan » 01 January 11 12:31 pm

Jeddie has been messing around with my gnomes log - not sure whether it was intentional or not but he managed to make him move 13,000kms without actually even moving him anywhere (see the logs below) ](*,) ](*,)

Not sure if it can be fixed, but i don't want my gnome to appear to be cheating!!
:^o
Possibly Cached may be able to undo the kms and give me a real total.

Thanks!

Jeddie Didn't take long to find, But was cute & fun Left it where it was.
Rated: for Overall Experience 28-Dec-10Jeddie Moved 6637.09km S37° 57.400' E146° 58.020'

Didn't take long to find, But was cute & fun
Rated: for Overall Experience 28-Dec-10Jeddie Moved 6593.03km S132° 40.500' E242° 42.600'

Rated: for Overall Experience 28-Dec-10Jeddie Moved 87.28km S37° 40.500' E146° 2.600'
Rated: for Overall Experience