The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
JABs
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
Posts: 303
Joined: 04 December 07 3:52 pm
Location: SE Tasmania

Re: The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

Post by JABs » 01 December 10 5:46 am

OK help please wife listed agnome yesterday GA2899 but it doesn't
show up in our profile or on the map.
It is showing up on the GaGnome games page list?

Have the gnome faires taken it away?

PrincessDiala
2300 or more caches found
2300 or more caches found
Posts: 415
Joined: 29 April 09 10:46 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

Post by PrincessDiala » 01 December 10 6:32 am

The Empire wrote:8 FTFs in 2 hours,,, \:D/
Good work, wondered who would be about tonight!

I still have 6 more in draft..... stupid gnome disasters happening the day before g-r-r-r, stupid bunnings for giving me not good advice :stabby :stabby

User avatar
Keeper of Time
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found
Posts: 260
Joined: 27 August 06 7:49 pm
Location: Woodend, Victoria

Re: The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

Post by Keeper of Time » 01 December 10 8:09 am

Looks like there may be a couple of weary cachers out there this morning, I noticed that 2 of mine have been picked up already \:D/

The Empire
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found
Posts: 89
Joined: 04 July 09 11:12 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

Post by The Empire » 01 December 10 8:12 am

PrincessDiala wrote:
The Empire wrote:8 FTFs in 2 hours,,, \:D/
Good work, wondered who would be about tonight!

I still have 6 more in draft..... stupid gnome disasters happening the day before g-r-r-r, stupid bunnings for giving me not good advice :stabby :stabby
I must have been the only one out and about as someone hasn't picked up my gnomies yet :(

User avatar
caughtatwork
Posts: 16300
Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

Post by caughtatwork » 01 December 10 8:14 am

JABs wrote:OK help please wife listed agnome yesterday GA2899 but it doesn't
show up in our profile or on the map.
It is showing up on the GaGnome games page list?

Have the gnome faires taken it away?
Your need to log a "published" log against the cache listing.
I'll do that for you now.

User avatar
pwags
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found
Posts: 411
Joined: 31 December 07 5:01 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

Post by pwags » 01 December 10 8:15 am

Congratulations to The Empire, a very successful night. I just wish I'd been there to provide some competition for you!

You would have nabbed four more if PrincessDiala hadn't accidentally stumbled across them on Sunday. In another amazing coincidence, caughtatwork and GabGab hid their gnomes only 12m from my gathering of four. =D>

User avatar
pwags
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found
Posts: 411
Joined: 31 December 07 5:01 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

Post by pwags » 01 December 10 8:17 am

The Empire wrote:
PrincessDiala wrote:
The Empire wrote:8 FTFs in 2 hours,,, \:D/
Good work, wondered who would be about tonight!

I still have 6 more in draft..... stupid gnome disasters happening the day before g-r-r-r, stupid bunnings for giving me not good advice :stabby :stabby
I must have been the only one out and about as someone hasn't picked up my gnomies yet :(
I'm back in Melbourne on Friday, so they'll be on my hitlist if they are still there.

JABs
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
Posts: 303
Joined: 04 December 07 3:52 pm
Location: SE Tasmania

Re: The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

Post by JABs » 01 December 10 8:17 am

caughtatwork wrote:
JABs wrote:OK help please wife listed agnome yesterday GA2899 but it doesn't
show up in our profile or on the map.
It is showing up on the GaGnome games page list?

Have the gnome faires taken it away?
Your need to log a "published" log against the cache listing.
I'll do that for you now.
Thanks wife won't kill me now. I thought I had lost it on her. :oops:

User avatar
caughtatwork
Posts: 16300
Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

Post by caughtatwork » 01 December 10 8:18 am

pwags wrote:Congratulations to The Empire, a very successful night. I just wish I'd been there to provide some competition for you!

You would have nabbed four more if PrincessDiala hadn't accidentally stumbled across them on Sunday. In another amazing coincidence, caughtatwork and GabGab hid their gnomes only 12m from my gathering of four. =D>
Indeed. I was down at the lake to grab the info for the Earthcache and decided there would be a good place. Little did I know, else they would have been hijacked a little earlier :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome

PS. pwags, I've fixed the log order on your caches so they calculate correctly.

User avatar
pwags
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found
Posts: 411
Joined: 31 December 07 5:01 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

Post by pwags » 01 December 10 8:25 am

caughtatwork wrote:I've fixed the log order on your caches so they calculate correctly.
Thank you! :)

User avatar
SamWalkers
900 answers to the unknown mysteries of life
900 answers to the unknown mysteries of life
Posts: 228
Joined: 30 April 09 12:57 pm
Location: CANBERRA

Re: The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

Post by SamWalkers » 01 December 10 9:00 am

Good morning CAW.
Great night last night!

Could there be a problem with the Caching games counter?
Caches with:
2 stops seems to represent the owners publish log and one find,
1 stop is just the publish,
0 stops seems to have no link to GCA.

:gnome

User avatar
caughtatwork
Posts: 16300
Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

Post by caughtatwork » 01 December 10 9:13 am

No problems.

"Finds" aren't counted unless they have a set of DIFFERENT co-ordinates to the previous log.
If you FIND (log) it and then MOVE (log) it, it increments the count.
If you FIND (log) it and place it again using the FIND (log) with the new co-ordinates then that increments the count.

So "stops" is the number of times it stopped, including the original location which is a stop.

1 stop is the initial starting location.
2 stops means the original start location and one more location.
3 stops would be the original start location, a move to another location and then another location, so that's 3 stops.

0 stops means that the cache owner has not yet published their cache. This could be because it's not out there yet, they're running a bit late or they've forgotten to log a published log. I've already sent these cachers a reminder to get their caches up and running.

User avatar
noikmeister
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found
Posts: 1200
Joined: 10 July 09 12:29 pm
Location: Canberra

Re: The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

Post by noikmeister » 01 December 10 9:28 am

To go into the draw as a mover, do I need to register for the race on CachingGames?

User avatar
caughtatwork
Posts: 16300
Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

Post by caughtatwork » 01 December 10 9:36 am

Nope.
At the "end of the day" I'll pull the movers out of the database, generate a random number and use that to decide the movers prizes.
The more you move the greater your chance of coming up trumps.

User avatar
blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found
Posts: 1588
Joined: 25 February 09 1:59 pm
Location: West Ryde

Re: The Moving Cache Race for 2010/2011

Post by blossom* » 01 December 10 9:49 am

norkmeister wrote:To go into the draw as a mover, do I need to register for the race on CachingGames?
Although you don't have to, it's heaps more fun to register in the game becasue then you will appear on the ladder and can see where you're coming compared to all the others etc.

Post Reply