Geo-Dinners

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Geo-Dinners

Post by Cached » 16 September 04 1:47 pm

OK,

I've done the hard yards for the SA geo dinner. I posted a cache and picked up the phone to make the booking. Our numbers are at 40+ so far, so that's really impressive, esp. for a Tuesday night.

Apart from eating and talking, what normally goes on at such dinners? Do I need to organise anything?

gunnell&pandaabear
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by gunnell&pandaabear » 16 September 04 2:46 pm

Bring ALL of your credit cards and cheque book......40+ people, thats going to cost you a FORTUNE!!! :twisted:

SNIFTER
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by SNIFTER » 16 September 04 4:22 pm

You left out one ingredient...If you are going to eat and talk a few drinks might be in order.
Sounds like you have it well in hand and have a good night.

EcoTeam
200 or more found
200 or more found
Twitter: EEVblog

Re: Geo-Dinners

Post by EcoTeam » 17 September 04 2:20 pm

All Cached Up wrote:OK,

I've done the hard yards for the SA geo dinner. I posted a cache and picked up the phone to make the booking. Our numbers are at 40+ so far, so that's really impressive, esp. for a Tuesday night.

Apart from eating and talking, what normally goes on at such dinners? Do I need to organise anything?
The usual goings on at caching events are gossip, caching stories (true and not so true!), techno gear displays, and some even go night caching afterwards. It is compulsary that everyone bring their GPS, because, well, we are Geocachers! :P
Sometimes events are arranged to allow awards and trophy presentations, e.g. cache of the year awards.

EcoDave :)