Glossary (CSI)

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
ForYourEyesOnly

Glossary (CSI)

Post by ForYourEyesOnly » 14 July 10 10:54 pm

I've looked at the GCA glossary and the lexicon - but can someone explain to me what "CSI" means?

Camstal
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found
Twitter: Camstal

Re: Glossary

Post by Camstal » 14 July 10 10:59 pm

Crime Scene Investigation?

ForYourEyesOnly

Post by ForYourEyesOnly » 14 July 10 11:09 pm

Yeah well - Crime Scene Investigation did jump to mind. But it was in a log; CSI=0 (what does it mean and should I be insulted?)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 15 July 10 8:53 am

Cache Satisfaction Indicator (or Index).
I think CSI is only used by one team.
A CSI=0 would indicate (sorry to be harsh) that the finder had a zero level of satisfaction with your hide.
That can, however, be due to any number of factors, including the weather, the number of muggles at the time, bad mood, etc. It's not necessarily a reflection on your cache, but a reflection of the cacher at the time they found the cache.

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Re: Glossary (CSI)

Post by Yurt » 15 July 10 9:56 am

I read somewhere that cachers used to log some code to show they thought the cache was rubbish. It was something French converted to initials so the owner wouldn't know. Yeah right! That went well I'm sure.

On rare occasions the geokids have wanted to write 'WACC'. I've discouraged that.

ForYourEyesOnly

Post by ForYourEyesOnly » 15 July 10 11:41 am

Ah, thanks caughtatwork. I thought that might be the case.

I guess that I thought a nano to point to another cache (multicache) would create the dual satisfaction of not only going to a first waypoint to pick up clues for the final co-ords on a multi (at an interestingly named location), but also provide an additional find (even if it is a nano, which I agree can be less than exciting).

Perhaps to allow the cacher to look at the bigger picture I ought to have abandoned any notion of a cache at the first multi waypoints and used other methods to point to the final GZ.

There was also another (I believe unwarranted) jibe in the log - I guess the cacher must have been in a bad mood due to the rain at the time. Or perhaps they just really are mean-spirited. In my case I'll give them the benefit of doubt - I'm sure they didn't mean to offend.

pprass
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by pprass » 15 July 10 1:17 pm

ForYourEyesOnly wrote:....I guess that I thought a nano to point to another cache (multicache) would create the dual satisfaction ...(to) also provide an additional find.
Don't change the cache because of one unkind comment. It seems that no one else has had any problems with it and it is a good concept.

noikmeister
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by noikmeister » 15 July 10 5:22 pm

I've just gone and read the logs and think that if someone want to have a go at your cache without coming out and saying so, that it is pretty poor form.

For goodness sake, if you've got something to say, say it. If you are worried about causing offence then keep your mouth shut.

Whatever. I guess people are entitled to do whatever they want in their logs.