Security Scare. I guess it had to happen.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
solomonfamily
1700 or more caches found

Re: Security Scare. I guess it had to happen.

Post by solomonfamily » 09 June 10 8:54 pm

The Empire wrote:
pwags wrote:After reading this thread, I'm now a little worried about my three "Tulla Time" caches. I guess I haven't done anything illegal, and they certainly don't look threatening in any way, so I'll leave them there, unless people think otherwise?
Leave them. They aren't near any terminals or restricted areas, and they are clear so you can easily view the contents.
leave them - king snr did GC24C5E today in the wet today it would be a shame to see them go...

Rabbitto
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Rabbitto » 09 June 10 10:55 pm

For those who haven't seen Team Ladava's cache, I have included a spoiler picture of the fantasic cache hide below. The workmanship just makes the whole hide blend into the natural surroundings. Personally, I can't see what the Feds are worried about - scroll down :arrow:

rhinogeo
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 09 June 10 11:03 pm

Rabbitto wrote:For those who haven't seen Team Ladava's cache, I have included a spoiler picture of the fantasic cache hide below. The workmanship just makes the whole hide blend into the natural surroundings. Personally, I can't see what the Feds are worried about - scroll down :arrow:
:D :D :D :D :D :D 8)

solomonfamily

Post by solomonfamily » 09 June 10 11:23 pm

rhinogeo wrote:
Rabbitto wrote:For those who haven't seen Team Ladava's cache, I have included a spoiler picture of the fantasic cache hide below. The workmanship just makes the whole hide blend into the natural surroundings. Personally, I can't see what the Feds are worried about - scroll down :arrow:
nice cammo

Facitman
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by Facitman » 09 June 10 11:49 pm

solomonfamily wrote:
rhinogeo wrote:
nice cammo
ROFLMAO

gmj3191
7500 or more caches found
7500 or more caches found

Post by gmj3191 » 10 June 10 12:01 pm

I think it's rather good that these guys are out looking for security threats and checking on things like this, but I find it hard to believe it would be necessary to take the hide away for a closer analysis. A 2 minute inspection would reveal that it wasn't a stinger or anything else capable of bringing down a plane. You would think by now that all security people would be aware of geocaching as there are frequently stories of meetings between the two.

Cheesy pigs
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by Cheesy pigs » 10 June 10 1:56 pm

As a cop and while not wanting to give too much away, a stinger is not the only threat. I guess it would be possible to hide a frequency jammer near an approach path that may affect radar or other things. Yesterday in Hobart half the city was locked down after a white powder wasdiscovered in the Post office, it turned out to be harmless.

Alert not alarmed ;)

Dippedidooda
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Dippedidooda » 11 June 10 12:01 am

Slightly off topic, but in relation to that post and the harmless white powder...what I want to know is, who posts ash? You'd hardly send your loved one's remains via Australia Post? And when we clean out the fireplace, we just put it in the garden...

Kerry

Post by Kerry » 11 June 10 8:07 am

Just becasue it "might" be a Geocache nobody should be expecting any favours be it on public property or not. Everything that anybody notices as suspicious should be treated as such until proved otherwise. Writing geocache on a container does not remove the fact.