Dual Cache Listing on GCA and GC.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Happy Chappies
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Re: Dual Cache Listing on GCA and GC.

Post by Happy Chappies » 11 August 10 5:46 pm

New one of these dual listings popped up today: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... wp=GC2CQXW

I'd just found it yesterday - Wondered for a second whether to log it again just to get it off my radar, but hit the ignore list again.

I've actually been more amused by the fact that there are now FTF and STF on it as a GC cache when there are already at least 4 finders on it as a GCA cache.... I would've thought if you arrived and saw names in the log you wouldn't FTF it, but officially, for the GC one, I guess they are. Each to their own I guess.... :?

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 11 August 10 8:21 pm

I found one in Emerald the other Week...

Ram-bo's (GC23F9X) and
Ram-bos (GA2075) Why Why Why? :(

Funnily enough they have different difficulties hahaha GC is 2.5/1.5 while the GCA is 1.5/2 hahaha :lol:

Coffee and Cache
2200 or more geocaches found

Post by Coffee and Cache » 11 August 10 8:24 pm

Happy Chappies wrote:New one of these dual listings popped up today: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... wp=GC2CQXW

I'd just found it yesterday - Wondered for a second whether to log it again just to get it off my radar, but hit the ignore list again.
Yes, a dilemma for us too. I don't want to log it, since it will corrupt my finds as measured by GCA. Could delete the GCA find and log it on GC. That would get the cache off the radar, but I don't really want to do that. Think I'll just log a note for the record.

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 11 August 10 8:30 pm

We discourage dual listing on GCA caches, it's even explicitly mentioned at cache creation time.

I do think some people just click thru though :lol:

As a side note, you can ignore any GCA caches that may be coming up on your radar by simply clicking Ignore under the Actions section, so if there is a dual listed cache, you could log the GC one , block the GCA one and be happy (unless GC now have an ignore feature... I don't actually log in there much nowadays other than to log)

blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 11 August 10 8:38 pm

It looks to me as if the owner is a fairly newcommer and probably doesn't quite understand the way caches get on to GCA. Why not send them a message and give them a bit of info just in case they didn't realise

Coffee and Cache

Post by Coffee and Cache » 11 August 10 8:57 pm

blossom* wrote:It looks to me as if the owner is a fairly newcommer and probably doesn't quite understand the way caches get on to GCA. Why not send them a message and give them a bit of info just in case they didn't realise
I'm sure you're right. I did in fact do that earlier.

Coffee and Cache

Post by Coffee and Cache » 11 August 10 9:01 pm

CraigRat wrote: .....(unless GC now have an ignore feature... I don't actually log in there much nowadays other than to log)
They do actually, I've never used it before. Seems to work a treat. Even takes it off the map.

ruzzelz

Post by ruzzelz » 11 August 10 9:13 pm

I find Ignore is starting to be useful a very feature for playground caches :-"

Why do people not think about what they are doing #-o

solomonfamily
1700 or more caches found
1700 or more caches found

Post by solomonfamily » 11 August 10 9:17 pm

Coffee and Cache wrote:
Happy Chappies wrote:New one of these dual listings popped up today: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... wp=GC2CQXW

Yes, a dilemma for us too. I don't want to log it, since it will corrupt my finds as measured by GCA. Could delete the GCA find and log it on GC. That would get the cache off the radar, but I don't really want to do that. Think I'll just log a note for the record.
We saw this on the way home - and I wasn't sure if it was the same container as the GCA cache published a few days ago. So we went to take a look - nope it wasn't it is the same.

What to do.... espically beacuse we arrived moments after another cacher had was still signing the log - but he was not aware of the GCA.

In the end I decided we would log this as a find as we did revisit it - in the past we have ignored the GCA - I am not sure....

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 11 August 10 9:37 pm

Does GC give you a shiny pathtag when you hit 100 finds? Hmmmmm, bribery :-)

Coffee and Cache

Post by Coffee and Cache » 11 August 10 10:02 pm

caughtatwork wrote:Does GC give you a shiny pathtag when you hit 100 finds? Hmmmmm, bribery :-)
Only 49 to go - yay!