New type of TB - Backpacker

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

New type of TB - Backpacker

Post by setsujoku » 21 May 10 12:44 pm

Noticed on the weekly GS mail out that they have introduced a new type of TB.
From the page here:
Ever wish your travel bug had a nice protective backpack to carry that special item from cache to cache. Well now it does. The new Travel Bug Backpacker is a special Geocoin designed to fit onto a traditional 35mm film canister (not included). This is the perfect solution for sending items or log sheets that you aren’t able to attach to a Travel Bug chain. This coin features the Travel Bug logo and comes with a copy tag to keep as a permanent record of your unique tracking number. You should be able to find free film canisters at any local store that processes film.

Each Travel Bug gets its own page on geocaching.com where you can track its progress as it passes on from person to person or cache to cache.
Will be interesting to see what the take up of these are given that the preference now seems to be for coins & path tags.

caughtatwork

Re: New type of TB - Backpacker

Post by caughtatwork » 21 May 10 12:56 pm

Fascinating. Seem to be a rip off of someone elses design, now sold as an item :shock:

setsujoku
Twitter: BGNWP

Post by setsujoku » 21 May 10 1:18 pm

Yeah next thing they will create trackable bottle lids, so that you can chuck your beer lid in a cache and see where it ends up :D

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 21 May 10 1:33 pm

OMG! It's a Groundspeak sanctioned moveable cache!
They are back! :lol:
You just have to play nice and only moved it around via other groundspeak caches. Can't have you just putting it anywhere you like.

blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 21 May 10 2:01 pm

setsujoku wrote:Yeah next thing they will create trackable bottle lids, so that you can chuck your beer lid in a cache and see where it ends up :D
OMG, I thought all those beer lids in caches were swaps but now I see they must be this new type of trackable :shock: I have been taking them and keeping them, but now that I know, I'll be sure to return them all to the next cache i visit :twisted: :P