Constructive Feedback for the Next Mega Event

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Mr Router
1500 or more caches found

Re: Constructive Feedback for the Next Mega Event

Post by Mr Router » 20 April 10 4:23 pm

Big Matt and Shell wrote: Oh well I suppose that is what this is about learning things for the next one!
Yep delve deeper :-k

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 20 April 10 4:29 pm

winterdragon wrote:Yeah, I only noticed and signed the pathtag tent and Postiegirl's T-Shirt - they seemed to be promoted more than the official(?) banner. So I guess that's useful feedback right there...
Mrs R took it on her own bat to sign the banner :idea: as there was heaps of names on it already

bottom left corner shows the sign advertising the fabric markers.

The Coffee's
4500 or more caches found

Post by The Coffee's » 21 April 10 5:50 pm

MrsMix wrote: 1. Like others, we too couldn't hear the announcements down the back of the camping grounds.
2. The early evening entertainment/talking/presentations were dragged out a lot and therefore the kids were exhausted. I enjoyed all that was done but even I felt like everything was moving along very slowly. As mentioned, the bonfires could have been lit a little earlier and the presentation night could have started a little earlier to get through everything that needed to be got through.
5. It was disappointing to open up the newspaper and see the Daily Advertiser photo of the Easter Egg hunt. This featured a teen in an Oz Mega Orange vest a huge distance ahead of the kids running in to the large pile of eggs in the middle. If a future mega event is held, I'd like to see all of the committee and their families excluded from winning any prizes. Some better organising of the drawing process of winners would have been good too. For example, if you win one prize you can't win a second.
<p>
I think it was good to have any sort of speaker system and as i said to many if in doubt ask a volunteer or committee member.
I was the person who lit the bonfires and they were lit once it got dark and the main events finished. I thought it would be silly to light it with no one around.

No5 point: THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK ON ANYONE BUT!, Yes I did win a prize in a random draw, it was a few sistema containers thats it, and i used one in Bega for a replacement. This is unusual for me as i never win a competition so I was more surprised as anyone. I also was a volunteer to help and I think I helped as much as a could including cleaning a toilet block when it got to a point of Yuck each day, plus making sure there was plenty of Dunny paper provided, I did a few other daily routines (turing on and off speakers, Crow suit, dog suit. and I was just happy to help. The vest I was wearing was to offer any help to anyone or point them to someone who could help, and I had some fun along the way.

No5 again: The boy in the vest running to the Easter Eggs was Luke my son not a committee members son, and I dont know where that came from. He was wearing a vest as a volunteer and helped as much as he could. ALL DAY Saturday he tirelessly worked hard with Team Crackers as a lacky setting up the fireworks, running detonator cables, setting charges etc etc. If anyone deserves a few easter eggs it was him. The egg hunt was not rigged when my eldest son thought like a cacher and won the 1st prize, he if fact did not grab any other eggs as he though that would not be fair.

This is not an attack on any one person but I am tired of people not checking things before writing. I agree with maybe a better way of prize drawing but I was assured the boxs were well and truly mixed prior to the draw, so it appears some were just lucky on the night.
My mobile is all over the place but if anyone wants to take this further or argue a point ring me on 0401 496649.

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 21 April 10 6:59 pm

Mr.Coffee and the Clan wrote:
MrsMix wrote: 1. Like others, we too couldn't hear the announcements down the back of the camping grounds.
2. The early evening entertainment/talking/presentations were dragged out a lot and therefore the kids were exhausted. I enjoyed all that was done but even I felt like everything was moving along very slowly. As mentioned, the bonfires could have been lit a little earlier and the presentation night could have started a little earlier to get through everything that needed to be got through.
5. It was disappointing to open up the newspaper and see the Daily Advertiser photo of the Easter Egg hunt. This featured a teen in an Oz Mega Orange vest a huge distance ahead of the kids running in to the large pile of eggs in the middle. If a future mega event is held, I'd like to see all of the committee and their families excluded from winning any prizes. Some better organising of the drawing process of winners would have been good too. For example, if you win one prize you can't win a second.
<p>
I think it was good to have any sort of speaker system and as i said to many if in doubt ask a volunteer or committee member.
I was the person who lit the bonfires and they were lit once it got dark and the main events finished. I thought it would be silly to light it with no one around.

No5 point: THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK ON ANYONE BUT!, Yes I did win a prize in a random draw, it was a few sistema containers thats it, and i used one in Bega for a replacement. This is unusual for me as i never win a competition so I was more surprised as anyone. I also was a volunteer to help and I think I helped as much as a could including cleaning a toilet block when it got to a point of Yuck each day, plus making sure there was plenty of Dunny paper provided, I did a few other daily routines (turing on and off speakers, Crow suit, dog suit. and I was just happy to help. The vest I was wearing was to offer any help to anyone or point them to someone who could help, and I had some fun along the way.

No5 again: The boy in the vest running to the Easter Eggs was Luke my son not a committee members son, and I dont know where that came from. He was wearing a vest as a volunteer and helped as much as he could. ALL DAY Saturday he tirelessly worked hard with Team Crackers as a lacky setting up the fireworks, running detonator cables, setting charges etc etc. If anyone deserves a few easter eggs it was him. The egg hunt was not rigged when my eldest son thought like a cacher and won the 1st prize, he if fact did not grab any other eggs as he though that would not be fair.

This is not an attack on any one person but I am tired of people not checking things before writing. I agree with maybe a better way of prize drawing but I was assured the boxs were well and truly mixed prior to the draw, so it appears some were just lucky on the night.
My mobile is all over the place but if anyone wants to take this further or argue a point ring me on 0401 496649.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Thankyou

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 21 April 10 10:29 pm

Mr.Coffee and the Clan wrote: I think it was good to have any sort of speaker system and as i said to many if in doubt ask a volunteer or committee member.
I will comment one thing about the radio rebroadcast - I didn't hear about it until I think Greg mentioned it on stage on Saturday night. It was a great idea to have that - but perhaps it should have been mentioned in an infosheet in the welcome packs. And as mentioned earlier it would have been nice if the on stage action was rebroadcast as well. I am aware of the physical separation between the transmitter and the stage at Wagga and understand why it didn't happen - but this is a thread for the next people to take the thing on to consider rather than criticising the past event. A microtransmitter kit from Jaycar hooked into the stage sound system could have transmitted to a receiver where the main 1 watt transmitter was (that I could hear all the way to North Wagga Wagga in the car).
No5 again: The boy in the vest running to the Easter Eggs was Luke my son not a committee members son, and I dont know where that came from.
I do disagree with the earlier comments that the Committee and volunteers (or even more so their children) can't win something in an event like the Easter Egg hunt. You work tirelessly for a couple of years setting something like this up, taking time away from your family to do so. Then drag the kids along to it and say they can't join in the fun with the other kids? That's not on.

As for the banners, I signed the one in the trackable tent - if there were others I missed them. Perhaps that could have been on an info sheet as well. Hopefully what was there turns into a trackable and moves to other events around the place - especially the next mega.

The Coffee's

Post by The Coffee's » 21 April 10 10:48 pm

Thanks Mr Router for the great phone call.
My last thoughts on the Mega Event:

Years down the geocaching track we can say Yes we were there and wow what a first event for Australia. Like any good cache or event it is these that make geocaching what it is, great times, new and old friends, laughs, games and old fashioned fun that keeps geocachers feeling like we are one big family.
The committee did a job and pulled off an event that has only been talked about for years, and as far as I am concerned did a damm good job at putting it all together.
There will always be people who were not happy with some aspect of something and a good suggestion was for someone to note feedback for the next event. Over the years I have been involved in many prize draws and unfortunately there are only a few prizes to be won. Luck of the draw is luck of the draw and I would like to say congratulations to All the prize winners.

Due to the tight schedule I was unable to get on stage to say a few words so here it is:

To Farmers5 and family I offer a excellent thank you for all your hard work and time in both prior and during the event, many will never know just what time and personal life you have put into this . To the all the committee thank you for a mammoth effort and for making us all feel welcome in Wagga Wagga, again many will never fully understand what you have done to get this up and running.
To the scouts, venturers, first aid, canteen, sponsors, security and anyone else thank you for making the event run seamless, and last but not least thank you to you the Geocacher (s) who by attending made it a Mega event.
We made many new and fun hopefully life long friends during this event and I think this alone was worth the trip.

To the next committee of the next Mega event, if you need a hand or help prior or during the next one feel free to ask as I am more than happy to help. skype +61390056686 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +61390056686    or 0401496649

Regards Mr.Coffee and the "my only criticism of the Mega event was were was the Espresso to go coffee van, they would have made a fortune from me" Coffee Clan.

gardengorilla
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by gardengorilla » 22 April 10 5:11 pm

Mr.Coffee and the Clan wrote:Thanks Mr Router for the great phone call.
My last thoughts on the Mega Event:

Years down the geocaching track we can say Yes we were there and wow what a first event for Australia. Like any good cache or event it is these that make geocaching what it is, great times, new and old friends, laughs, games and old fashioned fun that keeps geocachers feeling like we are one big family.

Regards Mr.Coffee and the "my only criticism of the Mega event was were was the Espresso to go coffee van, they would have made a fortune from me" Coffee Clan.

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree! Our family has been in Australia now for 20 months...we miss our family back in Canada something terrible and we felt so at home at the event. It was just like going to one of our big family reunions (we have a big family!). It was a treat to meet so many new family members too! \:D/

Oh, yes I agree as well! I think if I fed the kids some coffee we may have gotten in more than 13 caches on Saturday :roll: