Logs from Oz Mega Cachers

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Re: Logs from Oz Mega Cachers

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 07 April 10 10:03 pm

Lets get back on track and remember different people get different things out of caching! Just like the old micro argument, lets not make this personal.

homedg
1550 or more caches found
1550 or more caches found

Post by homedg » 08 April 10 12:04 am

Big Matt and Shell wrote:Lets get back on track and remember different people get different things out of caching! Just like the old micro argument, lets not make this personal.
Good call.

Cheesy pigs
3000 or more caches found

Post by Cheesy pigs » 08 April 10 1:10 pm

I've tried to do proper logs for the caches i found. Unfortunately i accidentally deleted a found file and are having to try and remember the last days caching in Canberra and NSW. If people get short logs from me dont take offense at it, I have a very poor memory and I am really trying to remember the cache before I log it :oops:
Last edited by Cheesy pigs on 08 April 10 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenish
1200 or more Caches found
1200 or more Caches found

Post by Greenish » 08 April 10 10:20 pm

I wrote notes on all my caches, and need to log over 150 of them, so it may take a while! I try to write something interesting.....but it usually just ends up mindless :roll:

roostaman
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by roostaman » 09 April 10 12:01 am

Big Matt and Shell wrote:Just wondering how the Wagga locals inbox's are surviving? Are they in meltdown? What is sort of numbers of logs that are coming in?
Well Big Matt, after just a few days for 2/3 of the visitors logs to be done, I can now report that I have just over 2,000 unread logs in my 'inbox/logs' folder & it's still growing.
(and before anyone asks, I do NOT have a notify on every other cache in town - just my owner notifiy logs are directed in to my logs inbox)
I am leaving it for a little longer to see if it can get to 3,000 before I read them & take a screen print of the huge unread number,
mainly because I don't think I'll ever see that size number again ....... that is, if my inbox doesn't clog up first.....

Roosta

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 09 April 10 1:09 pm

^ Bah ha hahahahahaha

Sucks to be you!!
lol

I had over 300 logs about OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA EVENT alone!
Not sure about the 3000 though....Brain Strain much??

I understand the annoyance of getting rubbish meaningless logs from finders, BUT.....having done an incredible number of caches in the last week, I find it hard, even WITH notes, to remember each individual cache and write something significant, especially if done in large hits all at once!
I personally do write (copy & paste) a generic reply for situations such as this but if the notes jog a memory regarding a specific cache, then I will add to it.

Just adding my 2c worth.

andiamo
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by andiamo » 10 April 10 12:16 pm

Unfortunately, not everyone has the ability to write interesting logs, and not every cache placement is deserving of a decent log. We have occasionally written one word logs, and will continue to do so where the cache is of extremely poor quality (unless it has been placed by a newbie when we would send a pm to them with examples of good cache placements or suggestions of where they could improve their placement).

With respect to logging our finds during the OZ Mega Wagga Wagga Event, we have tried to individualise the log, but have nearly always mentioned the event as we think it important to highlight the occasion.

Mix
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Mix » 10 April 10 3:24 pm

I remember a few years ago there was a cacher who did all there logs in rhyming verse, not sure if they are still around or even if they were at the event but imagine trying to do 300 odd logs from the Mega and making each one rhyme.

Cheesy pigs

Post by Cheesy pigs » 10 April 10 3:43 pm

probably end up with a lot of:

"roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I found the cache,
Thanks go to you"

Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 10 April 10 4:16 pm

We did 437 found logs on our Tassie and Oz Mega trip. Each commences with a cut and paste sentance, listing number for the day, day of the trip, time found, and totoal find number for the trip. All pretty much needed information when trying to keep track of some pretty big numbers. But then, after that, I try to personalise each and every log to include something about the individual find. Some of these logs are short, others long, and yet others long winded. The experience largely, but not always, dictates the log.

As a cache owner, nothing shits me to tears more than a 3 or 4 word, or abbreviated log, especially if it is a cache that has had a lot of work go into its creation. I like to hear the adventure, and tell the adventure we have had while chasing a cache. Its half the fun of caching, but gets me into trouble with Mrs Bundy at night, when I am still doing logs at 1 or 2 in the morning, when I really should be asleep.

Cheers
Bundy

Big Matt and Shell
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 10 April 10 4:43 pm

Mix wrote:I remember a few years ago there was a cacher who did all there logs in rhyming verse
Was that ANTPAGEM?

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 10 April 10 7:15 pm

Big Matt and Shell wrote:
Mix wrote:I remember a few years ago there was a cacher who did all there logs in rhyming verse
Was that ANTPAGEM?
That's who came to mind for me! Used to really enjoy seeing his logs.

His first find was an accidental stumbling across the third wp of a tricky multi.
I stumbled on the third in a nook
Bought a GPS and now I am hooked
Found the fourth and last
Only after a second past
Took two spiders for the geokiddies
Left clock face and onto the pub for a few middies.
Will now look for first and second
Bloody good geocache I reckon.
Still caching by the looks! Not rhyming though... :(